Has anyone tried Luvox or Viibryd? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow

Has anyone tried Luvox or Viibryd?

I'll preface this by saying I know these are SSRIs and I know SSRIs are ****... However, I am not in a position to get anything better at the moment because my psych doc is rather stubborn.

My interest in Luvox is because of it's noted efficacy for OCD and reports lower side effects. I was curious if anyone here has had success with it in relation to SAD?

My interest in Viibryd is because I have a bunch of free samples from my doc so I figured I would ask about it..

I have MDD, OCD, GAD, SAD and I have found some relief from Lexapro but with that relief comes several side effects. I'm hoping to hear about anyone's experience with Luvox or Viibryd?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 06:13 PM
Harvestor Of Sorrow

I have OCD as well along with anxiety and depression. I tried Luvox and it actually made me worse, including increasing suicidal thoughts. I also tried clomiprimine, which is another gold standard for OCD. What I have found best for OCD is dexedrine. I take the instant release tablets twice a day.

And wet she rose from the lake, and fast and fleet went she
One half the form of a maiden fair with a jet black mare's body

And loud, long and shrill he blew til his steed was by his side
High overhead the grey hawk flew and swiftly did he ride
Saying "Course well, my brindled hound, and fetch me the jet black mare
Stoop and strike, my good grey hawk, and bring me the maiden fair"
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 01:24 AM
SAS Member

I've been on Luvox for about two months now for MDD, OCD, GAD. So far I'm liking it, especially for OCD. I've been on most other SSRI's and SNRI's over the last ten years, Luvox so far seems more effective for me with less side effects.

Good Luck!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bre1491 View Post
I've been on Luvox for about two months now for MDD, OCD, GAD. So far I'm liking it, especially for OCD. I've been on most other SSRI's and SNRI's over the last ten years, Luvox so far seems more effective for me with less side effects.

Good Luck!
Nice! That's great, I'm glad you've found something that works for you. I'm on day 3 so far and have only experienced some mild sexual side effects and a little drowsiness but I'm HOPING those will fade in a few weeks.

I'm on 100 mg right now, what about you? Thanks for the post!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 11:52 AM
SAS Member

I'm up to 150 mg for the past couple of weeks. So far I'm not noticing any additional benefit over the 100 mg, but I haven't really given it enough time yet. The tiredness had gone away at 100 mg, but is back again at 150 mg.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bre1491 View Post
I'm up to 150 mg for the past couple of weeks. So far I'm not noticing any additional benefit over the 100 mg, but I haven't really given it enough time yet. The tiredness had gone away at 100 mg, but is back again at 150 mg.
Have you tried any other meds and had success with your OCD? Lexapro was wonderful for SAD and MDD and so-so for my OCD... I've been giving a lot of thought to clomipramine but it has a pretty heavy side effect profile.

For now I'm going to stick out the Luvox for a couple weeks and see if there is any improvement.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 08:02 PM
SAS Member

Luvox is no good and worsened my anxiety, even caused a bit of depression which my pdoc said was a bad response.

Viibryd on the other was good at first, it helped lift my mood, music sounded better and way cool, and even colors and my mind felt clearer. It was an interesting experience until a few nights I fell asleep unconscious. I would recommend giving Viibryd a try.

Fluoxetine 20mg 2009-2011, (Paroxetine 20mg 2012-2014) Effexor XR short time. Viibryd 2014-2015, Back on Paxil CR 25mg, Jan-July 2015.

Suboxone 2mg Effexor XR 150mg early 2016. Now 2016-2017: Paxil 20mg, Ativan, Lyrica, Adderall, Ambien CR.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRIManiac View Post
Luvox is no good and worsened my anxiety, even caused a bit of depression which my pdoc said was a bad response.

Viibryd on the other was good at first, it helped lift my mood, music sounded better and way cool, and even colors and my mind felt clearer. It was an interesting experience until a few nights I fell asleep unconscious. I would recommend giving Viibryd a try.
From what I have read it seems that a lot of people experience that initial lift in mood like you mentioned but then it goes away and doesn't help much. How long did you take it for?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 08:25 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigpk View Post
From what I have read it seems that a lot of people experience that initial lift in mood like you mentioned but then it goes away and doesn't help much. How long did you take it for?
For Viibryd I took the sample starter kit pack. I gave it a good 3-4 weeks. The side effects didn't start until the 3rd week and got worse so I had to stop.

If I didn't have so much side effects I would of stayed on it but it was unbearable. The dreams were insane and kept getting worse to the point I couldn't think clear throughout the day. The initial phase was great, it made me think clearer and made music sound amazing. It wasn't like any other SSRI.

Fluoxetine 20mg 2009-2011, (Paroxetine 20mg 2012-2014) Effexor XR short time. Viibryd 2014-2015, Back on Paxil CR 25mg, Jan-July 2015.

Suboxone 2mg Effexor XR 150mg early 2016. Now 2016-2017: Paxil 20mg, Ativan, Lyrica, Adderall, Ambien CR.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page