Has anyone noticed pain relievers/anti-inflammatory meds helping? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Has anyone noticed pain relievers/anti-inflammatory meds helping?

Hey guys,
i had surgery over the summer and had to be on a load of different pain meds for a couple of weeks and during that time I noticed when i was on oxycodene my anxiety and ocd almost vanished. now i'm noticing the same thing with ibuprofen. is this just me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 09:17 PM
SAS Member

opiods for sure; vicodin , oxycodone and such all help with anxiety, depression, and pretty much any problem really.

NsaiDS like ibuprofen; not so much. Though they do potentiate painkiller effect of narcs which is neato.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 09:19 PM
Use private messages.

My Mood: Lonely
Oxy will help eliminate all kinds of feeling.

I get a similar effect every once in a while when taking Ibuprofen, when it really "hits the spot" or something.

No longer posting or reading the public forum.
Please send a PM (or email), I'll still be checking my messages as long as I have any.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 09:54 PM
Permanently Banned

Language: Pidgin
yea oxycodone is an opiate, and that's one reason they are so addictive and so great (in the short-run) basically makes you feel so good and euphoric that anxiety and depression just melt away
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 09:58 PM
SAS Member

double post

Last edited by Himi Jendrix; 11-09-2015 at 09:59 PM. Reason: double post
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 12:25 AM
Down the rabbit hole

My Mood: Sad
Interesting i actually saw a lecture about this on TV, (Swedish knowledge chanel)

It had to do with inflammation that stresses the body and increase noradrenaline, and the effect NSAIDs have on prostaglandins.

But otherwise some people can get abit tired from Ibuprofen and Tylenol. That might also play some role on anxiety.

Hello Darkness my old friend... I've come to talk with you again.

V1bzz:- Nardil is here to help us understand what it is to be old people

What's Dr. Stahl say?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tUE...ature=youtu.be

AvPD,Dysthymia,Depression, SP, sleepingdisorder, Agoraphobia, GAD. ADD
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 02:24 PM
SAS Member

I always felt less anxious and depressed on opiates. I keep saying to my counselor that they need to look more into prescribing opiates for these reasons.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 02:38 PM
Spectacular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiousguy14 View Post
I always felt less anxious and depressed on opiates. I keep saying to my counselor that they need to look more into prescribing opiates for these reasons.
There is plenty of reasons why opioids are not the solution. One of these reasons is that opioids deplete androgens, and eventually with enough use your testosterone levels will reach rock bottom. If you think you are depressed now, you have no idea how depressed you will be when your T levels are all ****ed up. The effect that you received from opioids now will require more and more to achieve the same effect, which will also become less and less beneficial over time. Before you know it, you are taking more and more simply to ward off withdrawals, which are hell on opioids. It is a guaranteed recipe for disaster.

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 01:47 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noca View Post
There is plenty of reasons why opioids are not the solution. One of these reasons is that opioids deplete androgens, and eventually with enough use your testosterone levels will reach rock bottom. If you think you are depressed now, you have no idea how depressed you will be when your T levels are all ****ed up. The effect that you received from opioids now will require more and more to achieve the same effect, which will also become less and less beneficial over time. Before you know it, you are taking more and more simply to ward off withdrawals, which are hell on opioids. It is a guaranteed recipe for disaster.
I am already in rehab for Opiates so I know all about them. I really don't care anymore what they do to you physically, rather live a shorter life and be happy not in the place I have been for many years. That being said, I still do not plan on getting back on opiates anytime soon but would consider it if they somehow came up with a pill that was re formulated but an opiate without those side effects.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 01:54 PM
Tired

Language: English
Anti inflammatory no, opiods yeh. But opiods gonna opiod and be all addictive and lovely and life destroying and all that

Quote:
I am already in rehab for Opiates so I know all about them. I really don't care anymore what they do to you physically, rather live a shorter life and be happy not in the place I have been for many years. That being said, I still do not plan on getting back on opiates anytime soon but would consider it if they somehow came up with a pill that was re formulated but an opiate without those side effects.
Coming soon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALKS-5461

Enough about me, lets talk about you, what do you think about me?
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 02:55 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by splendidbob View Post
Anti inflammatory no, opiods yeh. But opiods gonna opiod and be all addictive and lovely and life destroying and all that

Coming soon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALKS-5461
umm not sure i'm following you haha.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 03:18 PM
Tired

Language: English
Quote:
Its an under development depression treatment that provides the therapeutic relief of opiods without addiction or tolerance

Enough about me, lets talk about you, what do you think about me?
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 03:18 PM
Spectacular Member

Quote:
His answer was a reply to "but would consider it if they somehow came up with a pill that was re formulated but an opiate without those side effects."

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 03:27 PM

Freshman year, I was hanging around this sophomore who talked about pain killers how they not only kill your physical pain but also your emotional pain. I think there's some truth to that statement like what @forgetmylife stated. Of course, it could be a placebo effect: anxiety and ocd I feel like are often perspectives and if you believe hard enough, then they will work.

But just be careful with medications in general. Addiction is a serious issue.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Spectacular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by surviving View Post
Freshman year, I was hanging around this sophomore who talked about pain killers how they not only kill your physical pain but also your emotional pain. I think there's some truth to that statement like what @forgetmylife stated. Of course, it could be a placebo effect: anxiety and ocd I feel like are often perspectives and if you believe hard enough, then they will work.

But just be careful with medications in general. Addiction is a serious issue.
Opioids, most definitely help with anxiety and depression in the short term, it is not just placebo, but they will definitely lead to disaster and are not a solution for either of those problems.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page