Guys only - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Guys only

For people with social anxiety around women, which SSRI/SSNI has the least impact on limp penis? I know about Wellbutrin but its not indicated for anxiety disorders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 08:57 AM
GnR
SAS Member

I've been on cipralex for two months, so far no problems getting it up, but it takes FOREVER to finish. I'm the freakin marathon man here lol. And I've got a great lookin girl. I'll be combining it with wellbutrin in january. If that doesn't work, I'm done (no pun intended) with cipralex.

"In the consciousness of the truth he has perceived, man now sees everywhere only the awfulness or the absurdity of existence, and loathing seizes him."

Friedrich Nietzsche
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 09:04 AM
The Power Of Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnR View Post
I've been on cipralex for two months, so far no problems getting it up, but it takes FOREVER to finish. I'm the freakin marathon man here lol. And I've got a great lookin girl. I'll be combining it with wellbutrin in january. If that doesn't work, I'm done (no pun intended) with cipralex.
Doesnt your girl love that or does it take THAT long?

Disclaimer: I am not a professional, all my advice is based on my own research and experiences.

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth."
-Lenin

Loving my girl.

Anyone is free to PM me questions or ask my MSN adress.

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 09:20 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Yeah Escitalopram did that to me too, No problems getting it up, but greatly diminished libido and delayed climax.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 09:26 AM
colliver55

I've had to give up on cipralex. It worked reasonably well for my anxiety but not only did it take ages to climax, my penis just wasn't as sensitive. It felt like a lump of dough in all honesty. I was only taking 10mg daily.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 09:31 AM
GnR
SAS Member

Oh she loves it for the first 45 mins. Once we're at an hour plus its kinda rediculous. Maybe I should shoot for some kinda record (ha pun intended)lol.

"In the consciousness of the truth he has perceived, man now sees everywhere only the awfulness or the absurdity of existence, and loathing seizes him."

Friedrich Nietzsche
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 10:30 AM

i just started lexparo last night and it took me like 3x longer than usual to get off!! WTF!! my gf is tiny and can barely handle how long i take anyways!!
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Oh she loves it for the first 45 mins. Once we're at an hour plus its kinda rediculous. Maybe I should shoot for some kinda record (ha pun intended)lol.

i kno exactly what u mean.. it seems everytime i try any antidepressent it either kills my libido makes and makes it hard or impossbile to get hard or it makes me take like 45 mins to get off! this sucks! im also only 24 years old and VERY athletic and in great shape
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 11:11 AM
GnR
SAS Member

^^^ I'm surprised that you're getting that side already, it took probably three weeks for me.

Friedrich Nietzsche
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 12:22 PM

I take about 10 minutes longer on Lexapro and my libido fluctuates a lot. But unlike other medications like paxil and remeron i can at least get off. Wellbutrin may help but in my case it just made things worse, i couldn't urinate properly as i think it messed with my prostate or something. Celexa oddly didn't cause me any sexual issues but did'nt work for me in the longrun.

Last edited by ecotec83; 12-22-2009 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Shouldn't post when half asleep added current medication
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I had a similar experience with Lexapro 10mg, not much in the way of erection issues, just longer to climax (although does reduce somewhat in time). Some of the other SSRIs did have an impact on erection quality though. Zoloft was bad, I liked Effexor but it seemed to have this problem (harder to get aroused/ maintain erection). Prozac really killed libido, and made it difficult to feel anything during sex or it's OCD blocking abilities made me forget the experience. Is Pristiq any better? I wasn't on effexor longer than a month, any better with this one? I might just need a combo of Lexapro with something so I can actually enjoy sex. I really hate how some of the medications help alleviate anxieties to talk to the girl but can add problems with intimacy.
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearFan View Post
I had a similar experience with Lexapro 10mg, not much in the way of erection issues, just longer to climax (although does reduce somewhat in time). Some of the other SSRIs did have an impact on erection quality though. Zoloft was bad, I liked Effexor but it seemed to have this problem (harder to get aroused/ maintain erection). Prozac really killed libido, and made it difficult to feel anything during sex or it's OCD blocking abilities made me forget the experience. Is Pristiq any better? I wasn't on effexor longer than a month, any better with this one? I might just need a combo of Lexapro with something so I can actually enjoy sex. I really hate how some of the medications help alleviate anxieties to talk to the girl but can add problems with intimacy.
i couldnt agree more!! it sux having a gf who is tiny and cant last very long tho! its like u wanna finish but u cant..
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 08:10 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecotec83 View Post
I take about 10 minutes longer on Lexapro and my libido fluctuates a lot. But unlike other medications like paxil and remeron i can at least get off. Wellbutrin may help but in my case it just made things worse, i couldn't urinate properly as i think it messed with my prostate or something. Celexa oddly didn't cause me any sexual issues but did'nt work for me in the longrun.
Really, remeron caused you sexual dysfunction? Thats pretty rare.
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_morrison View Post
Really, remeron caused you sexual dysfunction? Thats pretty rare.
First time i took it i passed out on the couch unable to summon enough energy to move. Had some sexual problems the next day after i took the pill. A lot of medications seem to affect me in that way. Honestly it seems like the drugs with more side effects give me none while the ones that are toted as having less side effects cause more for me.
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 08:21 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecotec83 View Post
First time i took it i passed out on the couch unable to summon enough energy to move. Had some sexual problems the next day after i took the pill. A lot of medications seem to affect me in that way. Honestly it seems like the drugs with more side effects give me none while the ones that are toted as having less side effects cause more for me.
Nah it's understandable, I wouldn't consider remeron as having less side effects, maybe just different side effects to the norm. Remeron is used as a second line treatment for depression for good reason, mostly because it's antihistaminergic side effects are so strong (which contributes strongly to all the heavy sedation, lack of motivation and increased appetite etc.)
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 09:47 PM
SAS Member

Neither tianeptine nor agomelatine are associated with sexual dysfunction, but neither are available in North America, and neither are SSRIs/SNRIs for that matter.

It's commonly said that the sexual side effects of Effexor are reversed in the 200mg+ range, but I don't have personal experience on the matter.

For what it's worth, the sexual dysfunction associated with common antidepressants is typically far from absolute, and in my experience, it can generally be overcome with dopaminergics/noradrenergics and erectile drugs.
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 10:15 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Surprises View Post
Neither tianeptine nor agomelatine are associated with sexual dysfunction, but neither are available in North America, and neither are SSRIs/SNRIs for that matter.

It's commonly said that the sexual side effects of Effexor are reversed in the 200mg+ range, but I don't have personal experience on the matter.

For what it's worth, the sexual dysfunction associated with common antidepressants is typically far from absolute, and in my experience, it can generally be overcome with dopaminergics/noradrenergics and erectile drugs.
I took Effexor for a handful of years with a dose of 225-300mg and had perfectly normal libido for a male in their early 20's and had no problems getting or maintaining penile fortitude. Orgasm may have been a bit slower than without it, but it certainly was not impossible.
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 11:04 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Surprises View Post

That does appear to be the case, and here's some more anecdotal evidence suggesting such.

"As can be seen 225mg has been by far the best dose for me. I believe this is because at around 200mg, the norepinephrine activity is more prevalent. My favorite part about 225mg is all of the sexual side effects were eliminated at this dose."

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=64901
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 11:06 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterBluth View Post
I took Effexor for a handful of years with a dose of 225-300mg and had perfectly normal libido for a male in their early 20's and had no problems getting or maintaining penile fortitude. Orgasm may have been a bit slower than without it, but it certainly was not impossible.
Which did you find to be the best dose 225 or 300? And how many months after starting effexor did it take you to reach these doses? did you tirate up by 75 mg per month of faster?
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 11:24 PM
New mum to summer rose

i know this is guys only but may i add that my ex boyfriend had problems with SSRI's and he basically described his manhood as being "asleep" and he could not get a rise so to speak, after he got better and went of the meds he was back to normal
so the whole "limp penis" this is not uncommon in SSRI's
i know a guy married, on Venlafaxine and a strong sedative and lets just say him and his wife have a very active sex life

"Some men see things as they are and say why? I dream things that never were and say why not? "
RFK quoting George Bernard Shaw

Do you think we choose the times into which we are born? Or do we fit the times we are born into?-Abraham Lincoln

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page