Going to the doctor tues - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Exclamation

Going to the doctor tues

Well im going to the doctor to review some need medication ideas. Im trying to stay away from the benzos mostly because i need something long term not the up and down that benzos cause. Im having difficulty sleeping at night. I cant get my mind to shut up and i just cant relax. I USED to smoke weed for about 4 years and i havent for almost a year now because of legal issues and it was ruining my life. I am overal nervous that my doctor is going to give me one of those magic 3 in 1 antidepressent/sleep/anxiety crap that doesnt work..... any suggestions or motivation would be awesome. Thanks everyone for helping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Permanently Banned

Well, if it's your first visit to your doctor. your best bet is to be honest and see what they suggest, It's unlikely that you are familiar enough with psych meds or that your doctor will take you seriously if on your first visit you go in demanding certain specific medications when you have no experience with psychiatric drugs. By the way I have been on benzos for three years and I am far better, depending on which benzo you take and the dosing schedule, they are in no way up and down.

There are many good sleep aids that your doctor will suggest that are not benzos however, many work very well and are quit common as well as non-addicting. Good luck. For now though just trust your doctor then research the med as much as you can before you take it so that you know everything yo expect.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 12:50 PM
SAS Member

Wink

re: Tuesday the fight goes on for benzo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmclark View Post
Well im going to the doctor to review some need medication ideas. Im trying to stay away from the benzos mostly because i need something long term not the up and down that benzos cause. Im having difficulty sleeping at night. I cant get my mind to shut up and i just cant relax. I USED to smoke weed for about 4 years and i havent for almost a year now because of legal issues and it was ruining my life. I am overal nervous that my doctor is going to give me one of those magic 3 in 1 antidepressent/sleep/anxiety crap that doesnt work..... any suggestions or motivation would be awesome. Thanks everyone for helping.
Ya man, I'm in the same struggle to get my Kaiser Doctor's off their asses, and just prescribe the damn cheap drug that works so well. In New Mexico at the UNM Mental Health Clinics, I had to fight for them early on , but then they discovered it was best to prevent my severe panic attacks than to put that kind of stress on me all the time. Now, they have time released versions of Xanax that might work better. I'm 56 now, and the stress will kill me if they don't get with it ! Carl0604

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page