Giving Nardil another go - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2020, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Giving Nardil another go

Hello guys,

I am back on this forum, somehow had to register again. I have been on nardil from January 2019 - Sept 2019, i decided to quit, but are now at the point of wanting to try it again.

My main problem is social sweating, and just in general not feeling comfortable around people. The whole covid 19 situations makes me uncomfortable as well....

I discussed it with my psychiatrist and he was willing to let me try it again.. I started on May 6th with only one 15 MG pill a day. I am taking my time with it, I am not in any rush and want to minimize side effects. First positive I noticed whas that I am looking at my body differently. Normally I see all the things I don't like, this morning I actually felt quite beautiful. Negative is the feeling that I have about 2-3 hours after taking it kind.. A bit of spacing out feeling like it is affecting my cognition in a bad way. I am writing this at 3 in the afternoon and can defintiatly feel a different kind of cognition than this morning after first taking the meds.

Has anyone tried taking nardil in the evening before? I am sure that with this low of a dose I am taking right now ( 15-30 MG) I will not get any insomnia.

Concerns I do have about nardil in the long term.. It messing up your sleep specially the REM sleep in which we do most of our recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2020, 08:37 AM
S F C 0 1

Language: English
My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Girl View Post
Hello guys,

I am back on this forum, somehow had to register again. I have been on nardil from January 2019 - Sept 2019, i decided to quit, but are now at the point of wanting to try it again.

My main problem is social sweating, and just in general not feeling comfortable around people. The whole covid 19 situations makes me uncomfortable as well....

I discussed it with my psychiatrist and he was willing to let me try it again.. I started on May 6th with only one 15 MG pill a day. I am taking my time with it, I am not in any rush and want to minimize side effects. First positive I noticed whas that I am looking at my body differently. Normally I see all the things I don't like, this morning I actually felt quite beautiful. Negative is the feeling that I have about 2-3 hours after taking it kind.. A bit of spacing out feeling like it is affecting my cognition in a bad way. I am writing this at 3 in the afternoon and can defintiatly feel a different kind of cognition than this morning after first taking the meds.

Has anyone tried taking nardil in the evening before? I am sure that with this low of a dose I am taking right now ( 15-30 MG) I will not get any insomnia.

Concerns I do have about nardil in the long term.. It messing up your sleep specially the REM sleep in which we do most of our recovery.

Good luck with second time round Dutch Girl.

I dont usually take nardil in the evening but have done plenty of times on occasions, maybe cos I've been on it for years, but I cant say I have noticed any difference whenever I take it.

I dont have issues with insomnia and sleep well, waking up rested, so if it is messing with REM it doesnt seem to have much impact on me.

I used to sweat loads on imipramine, not due to anxiety, but due to imipramine itself and the doc gave me some really strong anti perspirant to use for a couple weeks everynight and then just once a week after that.I used on my forehead as my head was the worst for sweating and that stopped it completely (obvs sweated in other areas where I didnt apply it)

Tell 'em who the **** I am

SFC
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2020, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
Quote:
Hello guys,

Good luck with second time round Dutch Girl.

I dont usually take nardil in the evening but have done plenty of times on occasions, maybe cos I've been on it for years, but I cant say I have noticed any difference whenever I take it.

I dont have issues with insomnia and sleep well, waking up rested, so if it is messing with REM it doesnt seem to have much impact on me.

I used to sweat loads on imipramine, not due to anxiety, but due to imipramine itself and the doc gave me some really strong anti perspirant to use for a couple weeks everynight and then just once a week after that.I used on my forehead as my head was the worst for sweating and that stopped it completely (obvs sweated in other areas where I didnt apply it)
Thanx for the reply... It was a short dream though, nardil is no longer available in my country... I still have some in my cabin but I guess it would be foolish to take those.. They would last about 45 days, but I don't see any long term solution in that.
This sucks I will probably just stick to propanolol and supplements for now...

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2020, 10:12 AM
S F C 0 1

My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Thanx for the reply... It was a short dream though, nardil is no longer available in my country... I still have some in my cabin but I guess it would be foolish to take those.. They would last about 45 days, but I don't see any long term solution in that.

Maybe give parnate a go ?

Tell 'em who the **** I am

SFC
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2020, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
Quote:

Maybe give parnate a go ?
I read that parnate is more stimulating than nardil... I usually felt pretty stimulated on nardil already.. My psych is also a bit hesitant in prescribing another maoi, he thinks I can do without it....

Today was a pretty good day for me especially tonight I had fun with my boyfriend in the backyard and I did not really care about if anybody would here or see me, we were dancing and laughing. After I heard myself think could this be from the 15 MG nardil that I took this morning... What do you think can I feel effects from 3 days on nardil only taking 15 MG and if so would I still be feeling that tonight if I took the pill in the morning...

Or could this just be that these good moments are just me and not nardil? I hope the laste because I will not be getting new nardil anytime soon...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2020, 02:26 PM
SAS Member

Seeing your name i assume you live in Holland, nardil is still available in NL, it is not registered but on special request on prescription you can get it. The pharmacy will order it for you
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2020, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalo View Post
Seeing your name i assume you live in Holland, nardil is still available in NL, it is not registered but on special request on prescription you can get it. The pharmacy will order it for you
Thanx for the reply, I am aware of the special request.... I have been on nardil before. This time the pharmacy told me that they can't order it anymore. Do you know from experience that it is still available?

Maybe I will give my pharmacy a call on Monday.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2020, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalo View Post
So I just called my pharmacy, turns out they are open on Saturday. They told me that they can no longer order is, but there is one international pharmacy that can. I will have to get the special request again and send it to that pharmacy. I may have to pay for it myself as well. So I just e-mail my psych with this news and asked him to directly send the prescription to this pharmacy. Hopefully I can still get it somehowe. I wanne thank you for your reply because it made me pick up the phone and call the pharmacy myself
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2020, 09:43 AM
SAS Member

Good luck, I hope you have better luck this time around.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 05:54 AM
SAS Member

Yes, I have had to request it specially from overseas when I lived in Japan because it's not manufactured there. I take my entire dose, 75mg, at night. I often wake up throughout the night but that's a good thing for me. I like some sleep deprivation.

Nardil 75 mg/day (22.5 mg in the morning, 22.5 mg in the afternoon, 30 mg at night)
Seroquel 200 mg/night (100 mg to get to sleep, 100 mg in the middle of the night)
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 01:24 PM
SAS Member

Hello everyone I'm new here
What alternatives can be for Nardil?

Someday everything will be fine
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 01:40 PM
SAS Member

Thanks Diane Trippin
I understand you, I have chronic type 2 diabetes, can this somehow affect the advice?

Someday everything will be fine

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page