Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Found Pregabalin capsule mixed in my Vyvanse bottle

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  zeusko87 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

As I went to take my meds this morning (Zoloft and Vyvanse) I noticed a different pill mixed with in the Vyvanse bottle which turns out to be 25mg of Pregabalin and I was just wondering what would have been the consequences if I were to accidentally take it. I looked for info on the net but couldn't really find anything on how Zoloft, Vyvanse, Trazadone(night) and Pregabalin would interact.

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Drugs.com has an interaction checker. I put in your medications and got this... Some of the regular ones you are taking have interactions. Usually if they are prescribed by the same doctor, they realize and keep the dosages down but you might want to ask your doc. If they are prescribed by different doctors, let them know right away. They may not be aware of the interaction

Interactions:

Major
trazodone sertraline
Applies to: trazodone, Zoloft (sertraline)

Using traZODone together with sertraline can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should seek immediate medical attention if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Major
sertraline lisdexamfetamine
Applies to: Zoloft (sertraline), Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine)

Talk to your doctor before using sertraline together with lisdexamfetamine. Sertraline may increase the effects of lisdexamfetamine, and side effects such as jitteriness, nervousness, anxiety, restlessness, and racing thoughts have been reported. Combining these medications can also increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should contact your doctor immediately if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate
trazodone pregabalin
Applies to: trazodone, pregabalin

Using traZODone together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate
sertraline pregabalin
Applies to: Zoloft (sertraline), pregabalin

Using sertraline together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.