expirimenting with Celexa to quit Xxanax - Social Anxiety Forum
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Corpus Christi
Gender: Female
Age: 26
Posts: 11

expirimenting with Celexa to quit Xxanax


Hello everyone Ive had bad anxiety for 18 months , 18 months ago i used to like to binge drink i had a mild seizure the next morning from the hangover after this i had severe anxiety it would happen again because it felt like a near death expereince to me , ive been taking a low low dose of alprazolam since march 2012, i felt alot of relief its just depressing to me knowing that i cant do things i used to enjoy anymore bcuz of meidcation causing me to feel fatigued ,

i saw a therapist recently that gave me celexa i read about it online it seemd like a horrible drug with nasty side affects, right now i take only .25mg xanax a day i read about celexa some more recently it didnt seem so bad so i cut a celexa pill yesterday and i just only took some small little crumbs about 1mg or less and wow i felt alot of releif from anxiety , i dont want to take xanax forever im doing all this without dr instructions on tapering off , does anyone else take celexa here ? is it really hard to quit compared to xanax ? , thanks i appreciate any replys
babyangel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 05:22 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyangel View Post
Hello everyone Ive had bad anxiety for 18 months , 18 months ago i used to like to binge drink i had a mild seizure the next morning from the hangover after this i had severe anxiety it would happen again because it felt like a near death expereince to me , ive been taking a low low dose of alprazolam since march 2012, i felt alot of relief its just depressing to me knowing that i cant do things i used to enjoy anymore bcuz of meidcation causing me to feel fatigued ,

i saw a therapist recently that gave me celexa i read about it online it seemd like a horrible drug with nasty side affects, right now i take only .25mg xanax a day i read about celexa some more recently it didnt seem so bad so i cut a celexa pill yesterday and i just only took some small little crumbs about 1mg or less and wow i felt alot of releif from anxiety , i dont want to take xanax forever im doing all this without dr instructions on tapering off , does anyone else take celexa here ? is it really hard to quit compared to xanax ? , thanks i appreciate any replys
First of all therapist do not prescribe medication, not in north america. Where did you read online that celexa is a horrible drug? was this an article or someones personal view? There are many different drugs out there to help people and celexa is one of them. Alot of people experience different symptoms when they take the same drug so if i were you i would try it on my own and not expect the worst because you probably will get the worst out of it, know what i mean?


on xanax, i think we can mutually agree that is perhaps one of the most addictive drugs if taken on daily basis, its got a short half life and the withdrawls of it are helish. Is it effective? yes, is good to carry just incase you need one? probably. Just don't take it often as most people attest that it will lose its efficacy fast and you need higher doses and hense get bad withdrawls.

Don't worry about celexa, its a whole different class than benzos and its not addictive. If you miss a dose or two you might feel more anxious but not to the same degree as benzos and you don't build a tolerance to ssri's as fast as benzos so compared to benzos i would say its a better choice for mid to long term. I was on lexapro for 7 years and it helped alot for 6 of those.

I think its best to browse this sight and others like it and read people experiences. you realize people go through difference experiences based on their body chemistry. I really hope celexa is the right drug for you and take it under the supervision of a doctor. If its not, they can easily switch you to a different drug so don't worry too much. gl
Burnaby is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Corpus Christi
Gender: Female
Age: 26
Posts: 11
thanks for your reply Bradley i took another dose of celexa earlier it didnt go as good as yesterdays' dose well i may have waited too long between xanax doses i took the celexa at 530pm i last took my xanax dose at 230am this morning i usually take my xanax 8-12hours betrween doses i just dont like the idea of taking a new medicine when im trying to quit this , i been seeing the free therapist dr since late last year i been seeing them each month so it can help me get SSD
babyangel is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 06:46 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyangel View Post
thanks for your reply Bradley i took another dose of celexa earlier it didnt go as good as yesterdays' dose well i may have waited too long between xanax doses i took the celexa at 530pm i last took my xanax dose at 230am this morning i usually take my xanax 8-12hours betrween doses i just dont like the idea of taking a new medicine when im trying to quit this , i been seeing the free therapist dr since late last year i been seeing them each month so it can help me get SSD
your very welcome, you can ask me about celexa/lexapro and more since i've been on them. What dosage celexa are you taking? just remember for ssri's it takes a few weeks to kick in, and usually the side effects are worse in the beginning so if its nothing too harsh try to stick it out and soon you'll be fine.
Burnaby is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 06:56 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 523
BTW, i follow some threads more than others so if you had a question you wanted to ask me its best to pm me since it can get lost between all these threads, although i encourage you to still post it since you get more opinions from more members
Burnaby is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Corpus Christi
Gender: Female
Age: 26
Posts: 11
well.. i see a no charge government funded therapist place i been going there for the last 10 months i get 40mg celexa from them , i havnt taken it before i just finally started to experiment with it this week breaking a tiny small piece just maybe 1 or 2 mg of the pill i go there to the therapist so it can help me succeed in getting social security disabled im trying to get
babyangel is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 10:05 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyangel View Post
well.. i see a no charge government funded therapist place i been going there for the last 10 months i get 40mg celexa from them , i havnt taken it before i just finally started to experiment with it this week breaking a tiny small piece just maybe 1 or 2 mg of the pill i go there to the therapist so it can help me succeed in getting social security disabled im trying to get
i understand your concern but you shouldn't really break these pills to that small a dose as they are not effective at 1 or 2mg. If you like you can break it in half and try 20mg for celexa instead of 40mg. Stay on it for a few weeks and if you don't feel benefits increase the dose.
Burnaby is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Switched from Celexa 40mg, to Celexa 20mg + Pristiq 50mg - questions sad sucks Medication 2 03-16-2013 01:29 PM
How to quit Celexa? harper369 Medication 3 11-12-2012 12:28 AM
quit celexa borntosuffer Medication 0 10-16-2012 09:54 AM
Put on mirtazapine... Can I quit my celexa cold turkey! behindblueeyes Medication 9 02-19-2011 01:53 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome