Does your pdoc require an office/telehealth visit every 3 months for clonazepam? - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2021, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Does your pdoc require an office/telehealth visit every 3 months for clonazepam?

Does your pdoc require an office or telehealth visit every 3 months for clonazepam? He will give a 30 day prescription with 2 refills, but then says I have to have another visit with him for another refill. He says it's because it's controlled, and the "new prescription every 90 days" is the law (U.S. Federal law I guess, or maybe Arkansas state law). Does your pdoc do this, or will they endlessly refill clonazepam without an office visit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2021, 04:54 PM
Failure's Art

They do this a lot just so they can bill you for a session and make bank. There's really no need. They even do it for stuff like SSRIs sometimes. I had one doc that would only give me like 30 pills and want me to make an appointment for a refill. I feel like a visit once every 6 months should be sufficient.

You live up in your head
Scared of every little noise
Someone's always breaking in accidentally
Using nothing but their voice
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2021, 01:25 AM
Barbells and kittens

The law is 30 days worth with five refills (six month supply) is the max on a schedule 4 controlled substance. Or at least it used to be.

All the years I was on various benzos in the past they made me come in every month to get a prescription for that month only with no refills. It's a good way for them to rack up money for office visits because what else are you gonna do?
Posted via Mobile Device

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page