Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Medication (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   Does the excessive sweating SE ever stop on Nardil? (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f30/does-the-excessive-sweating-se-ever-stop-on-nardil-1031465/)

Captainmycaptain 05-31-2014 02:03 AM

Does the excessive sweating SE ever stop on Nardil?

I have been on Nardil for three months now. Most of the side-effects are minimal except the sweating, particularly facial sweating, and as summer comes it is getting completely out of control. It literally looks like I just walked out of a shower at all times. Has anyone who had this side-effect know whether it goes away?

infinityplusone 05-31-2014 03:22 AM

I imagine the Wellbutrin might exacerbate the sweating?

Iwillovercomeanxiety1 05-31-2014 09:37 AM

I sure hope so. I've had increased sweating too from Nardil. The reason I fell into depression/anxiety disorders in the first place was because of excessive sweating/hyperhidrosis in different situations.

watertouch 06-01-2014 08:24 AM

For me the MAOi Parnate has worked best for my sweating, second is Nortriptylin an TCA with anticholinerg effects... Well summer time and humid, not nice...

Iwillovercomeanxiety1 06-01-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watertouch (Post 1072921889)
For me the MAOi Parnate has worked best for my sweating, second is Nortriptylin an TCA with anticholinerg effects... Well summer time and humid, not nice...

How does Parnate help with your sweating? Does it dry you out somehow?

watertouch 06-01-2014 06:58 PM

Naa i think it just stopes sweating or the reflex, the MAOi effect maybe+ some vasoconstriction on the bloodvessels... I timed it 8min on a stationary bike before the sweating start, and 21min while on Parnate.

+ i didnt need like aluminum chlorid lotion on my palms,armpits while on it.

The Nortriptylin worked on my feets they dried up, but once i moved around i got backsweat and facial. It has anticholinergic sideeffects and if im not misstaken they prescribe anticholinergic meds at sweatclinics.

Iwillovercomeanxiety1 06-02-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watertouch (Post 1072933073)
Naa i think it just stopes sweating or the reflex, the MAOi effect maybe+ some vasoconstriction on the bloodvessels... I timed it 8min on a stationary bike before the sweating start, and 21min while on Parnate.

+ i didnt need like aluminum chlorid lotion on my palms,armpits while on it.

The Nortriptylin worked on my feets they dried up, but once i moved around i got backsweat and facial. It has anticholinergic sideeffects and if im not misstaken they prescribe anticholinergic meds at sweatclinics.

Interesting. Parnate might be worth a try for me if Nardil doesn't do the job. If it helps with sweating and is more stimulating usually than Nardil, that would benefit me.

0707129r 06-03-2014 10:25 AM

watertouch 06-05-2014 01:41 AM

The Nortriptylin worked because of its anticholinergic side effects, after seeing commercials on tv now about sweatclinics i googled on it to see what they use.

aluminium-chloride lotion, botox, and Anticholinergic medicin.
The most commen prescribed is Egazil/Hyoscyamine sulfate

http://www.drugs.com/international/egazil.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyoscyamine

The wiki link arent exclusive for Egazil, Rapid increase in Libido would be nice though:D

0707129r 06-05-2014 09:50 AM

Oxybutynin also works very well with Nardil and seems to have somewhat of a synergistic effect

watertouch 06-05-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0707129r (Post 1073007497)
Oxybutynin also works very well with Nardil and seems to have somewhat of a synergistic effect

Missed that one on my search, Got the Egazil prescribed today. But it seems to be the most used over here in Sweden.

Caedmon 06-05-2014 06:27 PM

Snorting 1000 mg of Wellbutrin is probably not helping.

watertouch 06-05-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caedmon (Post 1073015657)
Snorting 1000 mg of Wellbutrin is probably not helping.

Hehe i know i saw it somewhere but i dont know where... On a forum like= US, prisoners snorting it, or such, and they changed the formula of it... So it can't be snorted...

It was probly here, this forum can get that weird from time to time :D

sweatyandanxious 06-06-2014 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0707129r (Post 1072967505)

interesting ! I was just reading that article recently and I was considering trying the hytrin, Im also very interested in the parnate as well. great thread, i also have the severe sweating problem and Im scared to try SSRIs again because the last few attempts sent my sweating through the roof. does anyone know if its ok to mix parnate/hytrin with the usual anticholinergics that people use for sweating (avert/robinul, or probanthine??) of course Ill check with my DR also but Im just wondering if anyone here has tried these as a combo for the sweating/anxiety? summer is HERE!!! that means my clothes will mostly be soaked and Ill wanna hide from everyone at home where can shower/change clothes. ughhh

Caedmon 06-06-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watertouch (Post 1073016489)
Hehe i know i saw it somewhere but i dont know where... On a forum like= US, prisoners snorting it, or such, and they changed the formula of it... So it can't be snorted...

It was probly here, this forum can get that weird from time to time :D

He is on the fast track to hospitalization and never taking Nardil again.

0707129r 06-07-2014 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweatyandanxious (Post 1073035241)
interesting ! I was just reading that article recently and I was considering trying the hytrin, Im also very interested in the parnate as well. great thread, i also have the severe sweating problem and Im scared to try SSRIs again because the last few attempts sent my sweating through the roof. does anyone know if its ok to mix parnate/hytrin with the usual anticholinergics that people use for sweating (avert/robinul, or probanthine??) of course Ill check with my DR also but Im just wondering if anyone here has tried these as a combo for the sweating/anxiety? summer is HERE!!! that means my clothes will mostly be soaked and Ill wanna hide from everyone at home where can shower/change clothes. ughhh

I've using nardil along with robinul, and more recently oxybutynin with great results for around a year. It's a matter of choosing antichollinergics or alpha blockers for this.

DeafBoy36 06-07-2014 11:54 AM

Move to Seattle. It's relatively cool/warm and never humid in summers :)