Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Medication (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   CBD oil for anxiety (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f30/cbd-oil-for-anxiety-2229311/)

chrisinmd 12-05-2019 09:33 AM

CBD oil for anxiety

Anyone have any experience with CBD oil's for anxiety? Ive heard its quite effective.

One issue I have his I work as a Bus Driver so I am subject to random drug tests. My understanding is CBD oils have the THC removed so they should not cause a positive drug tests in theory.

Anyone try it?

Rebootplease 12-05-2019 09:53 AM

I spent alot of money on cbd and I don't think it's worth the money. It does work but not as good as I wanted it to work. I used it for several months and had a couple random drug tests while taking the strictly cbd ISOLATE. It's a weird coincidence that I have not had a drug test since I stopped taking it but it worked best when vaped.

NPC Shawn 12-05-2019 04:23 PM

Tried it from smoke shops, and later from a dispensary. Cost a lot. Had no effect on anything, no matter how high the dose.

chrisinmd 12-05-2019 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebootplease (Post 1093847915)
I spent alot of money on cbd and I don't think it's worth the money. It does work but not as good as I wanted it to work. I used it for several months and had a couple random drug tests while taking the strictly cbd ISOLATE. It's a weird coincidence that I have not had a drug test since I stopped taking it but it worked best when vaped.

So I assume you had no fails on your drug test while you were on it?

So you said it worked but not as good as you wanted it to work. Was it more effective then other medications you have been on? Such as SSRI if you have been on them before? I was thinking if it worked as well as SSRi's without the side effects they have it could be worth it

ukperson 12-09-2019 06:46 AM

How much did you guys spend? I've seen an oral spray at Holland & Barrett here in the UK for £39.99... not sure if that's too expensive or not.

Rebootplease 12-09-2019 09:03 AM

Yeah, I was worried but I passed both. No, it's not as effective as drugs but the side effects of drugs are not worth it in my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisinmd (Post 1093848193)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebootplease (Post 1093847915)

So I assume you had no fails on your drug test while you were on it?

So you said it worked but not as good as you wanted it to work. Was it more effective then other medications you have been on? Such as SSRI if you have been on them before? I was thinking if it worked as well as SSRi's without the side effects they have it could be worth it

Rebootplease 12-09-2019 09:10 AM

That depends how long it will last and how many mg in bottle. The good stuff goes for US $70-$125 . If you use it everyday and it only lasts 2-3 weeks for a bottle then it's a waste of money in my opinion. I do better looking for other anti-anxiety herbs that aren't so trendy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukperson (Post 1093849715)
How much did you guys spend? I've seen an oral spray at Holland & Barrett here in the UK for £39.99... not sure if that's too expensive or not.

Rebootplease 12-09-2019 09:20 AM

If you decide to get some, just make sure it's isolate and even better with lab proof by the batch. If it's a full spectrum then it has a legal amount of thc but it might still be enough to fail your dot drug test if you use it alot.

samboychippies 12-20-2019 02:49 PM

IMO the price for this stuff is waay too expensive. Where I'm from a 100ml bottle of charlotte's web cbd oil that has 86mg cbd per ml will set you back over $600. About 2mls does reduce anxiety by making you feel sedated and sleepy but not a miracle cure and nothing more strong than over the counter herbal remedies and supplements. One last thing to note is that cbd oil does have trace amounts of thc in it. Charlotte's web has a 20:1 cbd:thc ratio so if you take a lot you'll feel the effects of thc. Last time I took 4mls of the half strength oil and I proceeded to become quite stoned. Might be a problem if you get a roadside or work related drug test.