anyone here been on ritalin? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

anyone here been on ritalin?

im currently on 20mg prescribed for concentration issues ive had for years and also for anxiety. im not planning to use this long term because well...its just not good for you haha

anyway i was wondering if someone could help me because i take this two times a day and on my second dose which is at about 12pm i barely feel the effects of it in terms of energy. i eat about an hour before the dose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:19 AM
SAS Member

Exclamation

LOL- for angst issues- yer right. It a stimulant that will give much more angst. Mixed with right anount of Xanax or Valium and u will be SUPER over the short to medium term.

Give your body a break every 12 weeks for at least 2-4 weeks or tolerance built up and u need more of all. Break means stop Ritalin and take less angst med or as needed.

I have same issues but got through Uni well... with a good job and active life. But it a delicate balance.... be careful. DO NOT mix with over 2-3 beers unfortunately or for me I found I black out- scary. Naturally with underlying angst disorders we all more prone to a drink. Thus keep angst Meds handy.

I never found a natural alternative to any Meds as many claim- that marketing BS IMO. Brain chemical and over active nervous system needs to be treated correctly. Finding the right balance is the key then giving the body a break. YOU will crash for 1-2 weeks when given body a break- but such is life. 12 great weeks for 1-2 sleepy weeks to exit drugs from system and start cleaner.

Good luck

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page