Aloradine new social anxiety drug to get approved soon!!!! - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

https://adisinsight.springer.com/drugs/800014893
14 Nov 2019
VistaGen Therapeutics plans phase III trials for Social phobia, in 2020
07 Nov 2019
VistaGen Therapeutics announces intention to achieve regulatory milestones for Social phobia by the end of 2020.
https://www.biospace.com/article/vis...iety-disorder/
Approval maybe 2020-2021!!!
SAD affects nearly 15 million Americans. Currently, there is no FDA-approved treatment that provides rapid-acting relief, and sedatives used off-label carry with them the risk of addiction and other significant side effects and safety concerns.

. “We are excited to be working with Pherin’s innovative team to develop and commercialize this medically and socially impactful treatment.

We are confident VistaGen will build upon our earlier clinical studies, which provided impressive evidence of rapid (10-15 minutes) anxiety reduction for subjects with SAD.

Can't wait!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 10:20 AM
Moron

Always be skeptical of marketing claims.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yer Blues View Post
Always be skeptical of marketing claims.
No I think we don't have to be always negative.
Maybe this new treatment will really be effective and useful.
Be positive

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 11:51 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
what exactly is this? how does it work?
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysmurf View Post
what exactly is this? how does it work?
Pherin’s first-in-class proprietary compounds called “pherines” are synthetic neuroactive steroids that engage nasal chemosensory receptors which, in turn, inhibit nerve circuits mediating behavioral and physiological effects of anxiety.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

PH94B
PH94B was developed from proprietary compounds called pherines. Administered as a nasal spray, PH94B acts locally on peripheral nasal chemosensory receptors that trigger rapid activation of the limbic system areas of the brain associated with SAD.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 12:21 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyoufeelit View Post
Pherin’s first-in-class proprietary compounds called “pherines” are synthetic neuroactive steroids that engage nasal chemosensory receptors which, in turn, inhibit nerve circuits mediating behavioral and physiological effects of anxiety.

thanks. i really hope it helps people, but i've lost all hope. i know you said the new drugs are different, but i dont think anything will ever help me..
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Quote:

thanks. i really hope it helps people, but i've lost all hope. i know you said the new drugs are different, but i dont think anything will ever help me..
While it seems that nothing will help you, still, I think some of these new drugs could still relieve some symptoms.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 10:07 AM
SAS Member

Liebowitz commented, “Social anxiety disorder is one of the most prevalent mental health conditions in the U.S., affecting as many as 15 million Americans. In both Phase 2 and pilot Phase 3 clinical studies, PH94B was more effective than placebo in the whole sample on the primary outcome measure. In the Phase 2 trial, which included both a public speaking and a social situation challenge, PH94B significantly improved the primary efficacy endpoint within 10 to 15 minutes of self-administration. These positive results demonstrate PH94B’s potential to change the lives of millions of people suffering from SAD. I support VistaGen’s plans for a pivotal Phase 3 program launch in 2020. PH94B neuroactive nasal spray has potential to be the first FDA-approved PRN treatment for SAD.”
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 05:42 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
https://adisinsight.springer.com/drugs/800014893
14 Nov 2019
VistaGen Therapeutics plans phase III trials for Social phobia, in 2020
07 Nov 2019
VistaGen Therapeutics announces intention to achieve regulatory milestones for Social phobia by the end of 2020.
https://www.biospace.com/article/vis...iety-disorder/
Approval maybe 2020-2021!!!
SAD affects nearly 15 million Americans. Currently, there is no FDA-approved treatment that provides rapid-acting relief, and sedatives used off-label carry with them the risk of addiction and other significant side effects and safety concerns.

. “We are excited to be working with Pherin’s innovative team to develop and commercialize this medically and socially impactful treatment.

We are confident VistaGen will build upon our earlier clinical studies, which provided impressive evidence of rapid (10-15 minutes) anxiety reduction for subjects with SAD.

Can't wait!!!
When someone on this forum tries it themselves and says its better than anything else they have tried ill be convinced, till then, i dont trust the media, like the other guy said, "be skeptical of marketing claims".
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

This negative attitude won't help us, aloradine is likely a new and effective treatment at least for 60%.
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 12:38 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
This negative attitude won't help us, aloradine is likely a new and effective treatment at least for 60%.

how long have you struggled with social anxiety? are you taking anything at the moment? because me and others have tried it all, nothing has worked, and have been spending years and decades living in our houses scared of the real world because of this illness ....I really hope this new drug and many others that you post will help many...but we will wait and see...after a while you realize that the medical field and companies first priority is money..

..you are right that the negative attitude does not help, but many people like me have spent all their life dealing with this, robbed of their life, stuck at home and not able to function in society, so it's very hard to be optimistic and hopeful. Every time a new drug comes out my doctors recommend it, i get hopeful, and every time it fails..its very hard to be optimistic..but i really hope that the drugs you post will help people..
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 12:55 PM
Duke Duck

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
But wouldn't that just get rid of the behavioural effects of anxiety and not get rid of the anxiety at its source?
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 02:09 PM
(J)joke(pj)partjoke(s)sar

Dat's the only ting dese drugs do. Dey may fix the symptoms but da source remains. Not da cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDuck View Post
Quote:
But wouldn't that just get rid of the behavioural effects of anxiety and not get rid of the anxiety at its source?
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 11:25 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebootplease View Post
Dat's the only ting dese drugs do. Dey may fix the symptoms but da source remains. Not da cure.

that is very true, but the pain of anxiety and depression makes you want to take them....and try to live a better life than dealing with the symptoms of the illness all the time..they work for some, others no..........like someone else said, until i try these to see if they really work i am not very optimistic. they always market new drugs as the best latest thing to be discovered, but until you hear experiences from others, or try it yourself, i wouldn't get very hopeful.
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 07:12 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Amused
Quote:
how long have you struggled with social anxiety? are you taking anything at the moment? because me and others have tried it all, nothing has worked, and have been spending years and decades living in our houses scared of the real world because of this illness ....I really hope this new drug and many others that you post will help many...but we will wait and see...after a while you realize that the medical field and companies first priority is money..

..you are right that the negative attitude does not help, but many people like me have spent all their life dealing with this, robbed of their life, stuck at home and not able to function in society, so it's very hard to be optimistic and hopeful. Every time a new drug comes out my doctors recommend it, i get hopeful, and every time it fails..its very hard to be optimistic..but i really hope that the drugs you post will help people..
You are giving up to easily...

I have to deal with this problem daily, yet I still do and I am still fighting.

I go out, in university I have to go to these big *** lecture, do presentations but I still do it.

Dont blame the illness that it is "robbing your life", you are robbing yourself out of a life because you believe in these so called negative thinking

I do understand how scary is it, but sometimes all it take is courage. No drugs is needed.

The only thing I fear is that no one will remember me, give or take in 1000 years we will all die and no one will remember us.

By the way, I do have a mix of Generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder and bipolar.

If you want to minimize the impact of social anxiety, then first thing you need to do is change your attitude.

Also, think about this way, you were a sperm, there are over 20 million sperms in ejaculation, so YOU out of 20 million got to fertilize in the egg. Chances are 5.0x10^-8 to do so. You have to be extremely grateful to live
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 07:40 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow123 View Post

I go out, in university I have to go to these big *** lecture, do presentations but I still do it.

Dont blame the illness that it is "robbing your life", you are robbing yourself out of a life because you believe in these so called negative thinking

I do understand how scary is it, but sometimes all it take is courage. No drugs is needed.

The only thing I fear is that no one will remember me, give or take in 1000 years we will all die and no one will remember us.

By the way, I do have a mix of Generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder and bipolar.

If you want to minimize the impact of social anxiety, then first thing you need to do is change your attitude.

Also, think about this way, you were a sperm, there are over 20 million sperms in ejaculation, so YOU out of 20 million got to fertilize in the egg. Chances are 5.0x10^-8 to do so. You have to be extremely grateful to live

that's great and im happy for you, but what each of us goes through is their own problem, only they live it, and they live it alone at the end of the day... you can't possibly know my life story to judge me and brag about your accomplishments and tell me it's my negative thinking that destroyed my life...., but I'm glad you are living your dreams..just don't judge others so easily, unless you know their whole story.....other people might not be so understanding as i was in the future..
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 07:56 AM
Permanently Banned

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
Talking

i go ask my GP!
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 11:40 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Amused
Quote:
that's great and im happy for you, but what each of us goes through is their own problem, only they live it, and they live it alone at the end of the day... you can't possibly know my life story to judge me and brag about your accomplishments and tell me it's my negative thinking that destroyed my life...., but I'm glad you are living your dreams..just don't judge others so easily, unless you know their whole story.....other people might not be so understanding as i was in the future..
I am not judging you by any means, nor am I bragging. I am trying to help you.

I had a rough childhood, idk if you had but that is what caused most of my mental health problems.

Your are choosing this life, social anxiety is basically a giant boulder in your life, it trys to block you from moving foward, but you can still go around the boulder.

Everything I said above wasn't suppose to be bragging about my accomplishment (I can't believe you said that even), I am trying to give you motivation
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 11:55 AM
(J)joke(pj)partjoke(s)sar

I never heard of that sperm analogy but that's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow123 View Post
Quote:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page