What were you known for in school?

Just for fun if anything

I would say the quiet one who supported Bolton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 10:21 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Hmmm. I don't know. The only people who ever really noticed me were bullies I think.

When I was in a school with a small class size I was probably known as the one who always went to the bathroom and stayed there until the teacher came looked for him. Sometimes I'd ask to go to the bathroom and go other places in the building. Storage rooms, furnace rooms and so forth. Anything to get away from everything.

/WYSD
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 11:11 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Being pixelated background filler doing one repetitive motion, like in a 90's videogame.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 03:06 PM
SAS Member

When I was young - the cheeky little one getting into fights and chasing the girls. At high school the kid that studied all the time and was at the top of the class. (until I left that is)
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 03:15 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
probably mute, weird, bad hair. I dont think mental health was on anyones radar except for the obvious extreme cases and in a must avoid kind of way.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 03:20 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Not talking and being weird. The person to pick on.

Sad how people abuse people who are different and have mental health issues
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 03:25 PM
Yoink

dropping out at 14

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 03:34 PM
SAS Member

not showing up. until they threatened to kick me out so then i had to come.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 05:18 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1984 View Post
I dont think mental health was on anyones radar except for the obvious extreme cases and in a must avoid kind of way.
The world might have been better off if the medical community didn't start turning every inconvenient personality trait into a disorder. It would have probably been more constructive to change society so people like us fit better than to blame us for not fitting into a rigid structure that is built from the ground up to exclude us unless we can find a way to force ourselves into the right shape.

So if you don't fit, you have to have a "disorder" so that no one has to admit that there's something wrong with the way things work if the slightest personality quirks can throw everything off balance.

/WYSD
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 07:03 PM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
I think from kindergarten to 3rd grade I was known for being super quiet and making faces. Making faces did not help the situation.

I've also heard in my adult life that I apparently always wear the same thing. Not entirely true but let's say I do have a rather limited wardrobe compared to other women. Kind of have a uniform so to speak.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 07:38 PM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I was mostly invisible I think. To those I wasn't invisible to, or on occasions I wasn't, I'd get comments ranging from lesbian (because social anxiety must = lesbian,) devil worshipper, shy/quiet, drug addict. Was compared to Samara Morgan and Wednesday Addams, inquiries as to whether I was autistic, and one time some guy actively dissuaded their friend from talking to me because I was weird. Also got comments a few times on how little I looked after my hair at the time because it was long and I didn't. One time some guy joked after reading my tarot cards (that was something he was into,) that I was going to destroy everyone.

People definitely picked up on the stuff I have in common with serial killers and other outcasts of society long before I did, which is freaky. I remember as a child when I was obsessed with the cartoon Beetlejuice my aunt thought that was weird because she'd only seen the adult film and found him creepy (I honestly don't remember enough of the cartoon now to say how similar it is.) I was always into weird dark stuff, though it didn't really kick off until my teen years because it was always age appropriate. As a child it was mostly banal stuff I was into like the video game Medievil, Sabrina from Pokemon and the ghost/psychic Pokemon (edit: also thinking about it the other Sabrina huh what is it about that name that makes people pick it for magical characters lol,) cutesy witch stuff, goosebumps books, and Beetlejuice. Baby-goth stuff I guess you could say. Children were never aware though, that's the only memory before older childhood/early puberty I have of people picking up that I was weird in that way, lots of people noticed I was shy though and I attracted the interests of an abusive girl pretty early on.

I'd also get a lot of people thinking I was cute/childish and that sort of thing, and insults about my height and being short, so that explains a lot about adult me and my complexes really. That weird contrast between people thinking you're cute and people thinking you're sinister/creepy.
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 07:54 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
I think from kindergarten to 3rd grade I was known for being super quiet and making faces. Making faces did not help the situation.
Like clowning around faces or unintentional?

Quote:
I've also heard in my adult life that I apparently always wear the same thing. Not entirely true but let's say I do have a rather limited wardrobe compared to other women. Kind of have a uniform so to speak.
I do this. I totally do this. I wear exactly the same clothes everywhere I go. Which normally isn't a problem except when I go to the same store every time and I see the same people and they see me and recognize me.

/WYSD
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 10:20 PM
Don
Fupa King

Language: English
Never talking to anyone.

Life's Wack
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 11:32 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Inspired
My Egyptian inspired eyeliner
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 03:26 PM
SAS Member

Not a good reputation since I spent most time alone. I was a target for the alpha types since I was always the fat kid with low self esteem. Also known as quiet, metalhead, loser, playing sports, being weird and creepy.

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 03:54 PM
I am average!

All these posts are so sad
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 06:30 PM
SAS Member

In elementary school I was known for getting good grades. In middle school I was known for hanging out with the nerdy weebish types and thus considered one of them. In high school I think I started to fit in more I wasn't getting bullied as much, I was probably known for being the edgy kid who wore too much black and thought their "superior" music taste made them the coolest
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 06:47 PM
Permanently tired

My Mood: Worried
Alot of teachers noticed my writing and would tell me that I write very well. My creative writing teacher in 6th grade loved it so much that I became her favorite student and she would always look forward to reading what I wrote, leaving really nice comments on it and everything. I had another teacher constantly tell me how hard I worked in his class. Other than that, I was pretty under the radar. My grades were always very mediocre at best and my presence didn't stand out to most teachers (unless it was in a bad way).

"So many resources keep me alive
Yet I don't even step outside
So many sacrifices keep me alive
Yet I don't even bother to survive."

"If you think we waste too much then you can sacrifice yourself
Don't push your values
Push your values
Onto the crowd."

Mili
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 07:24 PM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
In Germany I felt like an outcast cause I wasn't from the country and hung out with an Iraqi guy, even some of the teachers didn't like me. But when I came to Australia that changed and I became one of the popular kids. I was known for being funny and the cool but intelligent guy.
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 07:59 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
Primary School - quiet uncool nerdy kid.
High School - Tall dude and people asked me for physics help for some reason...
University - Loner I guess?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page