Graduation tomorow. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Graduation tomorow.

Really worried. The huge amount of people, having to walk up to the stage to get my diploma, sitting and having to face all the people, and much more are making me so worried for my high school graduation. Not helping is the fact that we are gonna do this really stupid dance. The idea of dancing itself is already a mess, but in front of all of those people? That and the dance itself is pretty bad and we will 100% **** it up tomorrow? Not helping.

Any way I can help myself calm down? I’m looking forward for tomorrow but I’m also so scared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 01:41 AM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
A good thing to remember is that it will pass.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 08:32 AM
SAS Member

- I don't think anyone in the audience is going to expect a flawless broadway performance. they just want to see their kid look happy.

- the funnest part should be going through the same trials with the rest of your graduating class. even if you don't know them, they will for sure know you're all looking ridiculous together. Go into the day with as much sense of humour as possible. Without a sense of humour the ceremony will seem twice as long.

-the entire walking up on the stage and receiving the diploma shouldn't take more than 30 seconds....as long as you're not giving a speech.

-at the graduation, you'll be spending more time sitting down and listening to people speak more than anything else. as ironic as it sounds, going up on the stage to receive the diploma and doing the group performance will actually be the most interesting part of the entire ceremony.

"I might be great tomorrow, but hopeless yesterday"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page