Underemployed - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Underemployed

Is anyone else underemployed because of social anxiety?

My last job was exam marking for minimum wage. I've also done office work for minimum wage.

I have a bachelors in physics (first class - top 3 in my year) and a masters in nuclear engineering. Never been able to put them to use. Never even had a graduate level job because I get rejected due to a lack of confidence or experience.

Kind of given up. It feels like a trap that I can't wriggle out of.

Confidence at an all time low.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 08:51 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Well you managed to get an education so that's a plus, it's easily carried, alot of people are underemployed because they couldn't even handle school, (like yours truly) so you're in a better position because of that, I wouldn't feel bad about having to work minimum wage jobs though, anything to help build your confidence is a positive step.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 08:59 AM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
yeah I've been having minimum wage jobs most of my working life. the ones that paid better didnt last or were too stressful in the end, due to difficult people. I have a university degree and a few other qualifications. but people are too difficult, too exhausting. even when it's just a few co workers. bullied a few times, hardly ever given a chance. discriminated against. the world is dirty and unfair. this is just how it is. I wish I was stronger to get a better job. I just work part time now. my jobs are getting worse and worse it seems. it's such a big part of life... it makes me quite unhappy. if I had a better job I wouldnt have to live here with these dirty idiots. I wish I could afford to live alone. but theres no point in denying it, this is my place in life. at the ****ty end. first world ****ty anyway. it's not so bad, I can just go along through life and it's not that hard most of the time.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page