Lost my Ambition? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Confused

Lost my Ambition?

Hi Everyone,

I've been in my current job for nearly 5 years now and I'm rather tired of it and getting ready for moving on and trying a new thing. Before the pandemic, I was looking at electrician and engineering courses and trying to get into a new field of work, but now that COVID-19 is making the job market looking even more gloomy than before, I don't know if this is the right choice?

I'm starting to think it's too much of a risk to go for something new and my confidence and ambition seems to have dropped a lot. I'm rather worried that if I quit my current job to do studying or another area of work, I may regret it and end up in a worse situation!

It's difficult to try and make a new step when you hear about lots of job losses and big companies having to cut jobs in order to survive. Just when I thought I had a good plan, coronavirus decided to spring out of nowhere!

Has anyone else felt like they've lost their ambition and optimism for the future during the pandemic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2020, 02:18 PM
A Person

My Mood: Worried
there is no hope.

the economy will only get worse.

it's a take what you can get kind of situation.

and be lucky with that.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2020, 02:55 PM
insert witty comment here

Look into types of work that can be done online. Look at it as a side hustle and then see if it makes money. Those things can turn into full time professions.

I startet a side hustle working from home as a freelancer a few years ago. It turned into a full time business and I left my previous career.

During the pandemic, I have looked into day trading the stock market. It's not easy but it's my new side hustle.

You could also look into udemy.com and skillshare.com. You could make videos explaining how to do electricity related things around the house. Many people actually make very good money on those sites and lots of videos are much like what youtubers do. Just watch what other electricians are doing over there and give it a shot.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2020, 02:56 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
I never had any in the first place <a href="http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a>

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page