I hate having to work for a living - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Whalien Whalien

I hate having to work for a living

Okay, I'll admit it.

I absolutely hate working for a living, I hate everything about it.
I have disliked all paid employment that I have done, my managers have all sucked and I would rather be anywhere else.

I know it's irresponsible, yes I' am lucky that I have work and money that i've earned but I can't help this feeling. I will continue to work
to pay bills and whatnot, but I really hate it.

I feel so frustrated, my family constantly make snide remarks when I complain about work "you don't even want to work, you want to live a life of leisure" and to be fair I don't want to work.

Urgh, I'm not sure of where I want my life to go. I do the bare minimum in my job at the moment, I constantly pick fights with management and I'm beyond caring if I'm fired.

Anyone else feel this way? I feel like a freaky, selfish child who does nothing but whine.

It can't rain all the time

Even in the far future, never forget the you of right now
Wherever you are right now, you’re just taking a break
Don’t give up, you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Permanently Banned

As long as I was doing something I enjoyed I wouldn't mind.
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Whalien Whalien

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCod View Post
As long as I was doing something I enjoyed I wouldn't mind.
That's probably part of the issue

Don’t give up, you know.

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 03:01 PM
master of disaster

My Mood: Bored
anyone who says "you dont wanna work..your lazy" is full of s**t.people only go to work for money if they were not getting paid they wouldnt go and if they could find a way to get paid by sitting around they would also.
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 03:04 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd124 View Post
That's probably part of the issue
Yeah, actually finding something that both...you like to do...but are able to find a job for/pays well....It's a real ****ing struggle....most people end up doing jobs that absolutely hate because either their dream job or calling doesn't pay well enough to fit their lifestyle, or it's just out of their limits of getting.

Quite sad, really.
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 03:15 PM
I am average!

You have to find something you like to do. I have realized that going for money is stupid
when picking a major. Just like you, I think it's really hard to finish something I don't really enjoy that much (I am halfway my studies though so I am just going to finish it).

I wouldn't mind working If I could be Indiana Jones all day long

Sometimes I am annoyed at myself for not liking jobs that pay well. I should have been interested in being lawyer, broker, whatever pays well.
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 03:19 PM
SAS Member

Nobody likes working unless they like their job and that's basically the bottom line. The only way you can improve your situation is to win the lottery or find something you want to do, find a way to do it and then go do it. I'd suggest attempting the latter.

We're here for a moment, only for a moment, and then we're gone.
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 03:21 PM
Resist

My Mood: Tired
Of course it sucks but if people didn't work society couldn't function. Just find a job that pays well and enjoy you time off
Posted via Mobile Device
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 03:32 PM
I am average!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly View Post
Of course it sucks but if people didn't work society couldn't function. Just find a job that pays well and enjoy you time off
Posted via Mobile Device
I think in this time, you should pick what you like. Be creative about it and it can earn you extra money.

Youtube is a perfect place for extra income for example, if you know your thing well.
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 03:55 PM
SAS Member

Finding a career that you enjoy is extremely difficult, especially if you have no idea what you want to do with your life. I'm in a similar situation, I don't necessarily hate my job but I know it's not what I want to do for a living. Yet I have absolutely no idea what I really want to do, and I'll end up being stuck in this same job for far too long.

At the end of the day getting paid for a job you hate is better than being unemployed.
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Whalien Whalien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake93 View Post
Finding a career that you enjoy is extremely difficult, especially if you have no idea what you want to do with your life. I'm in a similar situation, I don't necessarily hate my job but I know it's not what I want to do for a living. Yet I have absolutely no idea what I really want to do, and I'll end up being stuck in this same job for far too long.

At the end of the day getting paid for a job you hate is better than being unemployed.
Logically I know you're right. I'm being loaded with extra shifts and I'm physically in pain right now, I can't refuse as we are understaffed.
Manager rang earlier and told me I'm doing all day tomorrow.

Don’t give up, you know.
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 10:44 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd124 View Post
Logically I know you're right. I'm being loaded with extra shifts and I'm physically in pain right now, I can't refuse as we are understaffed.
Manager rang earlier and told me I'm doing all day tomorrow.
Oh that's not good. If you're in pain because of work you have every right to mention it to your manager, perhaps you could have a quick word with them to see if there is anything that could be done to help. Is being understaffed temporary? (i.e. is your work looking to hire someone?) If so, you could focus on the fact it will ease up soon and just try to get through the next few weeks or however long it may be.
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 10:55 AM
Permanently Banned

Then quit. Why waste your life working if you hate it? There are ways to get by without having a job.
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 11:09 AM
SAS Member

I've DETESTED every job i've ever had.
I wake up and the ONLY thing going through my mind after I clock in is ''Hurry up time! I want to go home!!!''
If I could take a pill that turns me into a robot for the working weekdays (so i'm at work but have no awareness or memory of it) and I was only 'alive' on the weekends, i'd swallow it in a second.

I told my dad this once, and he said that it made him upset to hear that, lol.

I kind of feel like i'm not 'meant' to work. The whole concept seems crazy, bearing in mind we only get ONE short life, and we spend a huge percentage of it at work, doing something we don't enjoy, at a place we don't want to be, making someone else rich.

There's a TINY percentage of people who are lucky enough to earn loads of money and enjoy their job.
For example, I have a friend who plays football for a premier league club! His whole life it one big dream. He makes 2 million pounds per year to play football!! I actually SPEND money to play football for fun!
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 11:16 AM
Spirit of Vengeance

My Mood: Mellow
Well most people that work feel the same way to a degree. Most people don't really enjoy working or their job in general but they don't flat out hate it either. Most jobs have aspects that people enjoy- like their co-workers, a certain part of the job, etc.- but also a few parts they dislike. Its a balance.

It is when the parts they dislike add up to them hating the job- or some other reason- that they quit and move on to something else.

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.”

I've got a Dungeon Master's guide
I've got a 12-sided die
I've got Kitty Pryde
And Nightcrawler, too
Waiting there for me
Yes I do, I do

post #16 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 11:44 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darktower776 View Post
Well most people that work feel the same way to a degree. Most people don't really enjoy working or their job in general but they don't flat out hate it either. Most jobs have aspects that people enjoy- like their co-workers, a certain part of the job, etc.- but also a few parts they dislike. Its a balance.

It is when the parts they dislike add up to them hating the job- or some other reason- that they quit and move on to something else.
Yeah, cept usually when people like something about their job it's their friends at work. SA losers like us are the awkward friendless quiet weirdo at work.
post #17 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 12:50 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angry
I don't mind working, I just hate having social anxiety and working.
post #18 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 01:51 PM
SAS Member

I don't really require much to live.

I don't travel, I hardly spend money, I am usually entertained with just a computer and an internet connection, I eat cheap food, etc...

I wish I was motivated by money but I'm not.
post #19 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 01:57 PM
never knows best

if you make friends with your coworkers it can actually be pretty fun. i know, easier said than done though, it took me months
Posted via Mobile Device
post #20 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 02:02 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apx24 View Post
I don't mind working, I just hate having social anxiety and working.
This is my exact problem... If I had a job where I didn't have to deal with people, I feel like I would feel content coming to work. But we live in an extroverted society... it's almost impossible to find such a job.

"Boss...you only need one snake-no...the world would be better off without snakes." -Big Boss

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page