Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

I feel like punching one of my superiors to a bloody pulp

805 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Raulz0r 
#1 ·
Intro:
I work in a call center which basically deals with Infolines for different companies, and we work with another company that basically outsources the Infoline part of a promotional campaign to us. We have one person in this company with which we coordinate and is basically the project manager. This Project Manager I shall call her Ms. X, is basically (and I am not lying) a hyena, if you ever know the traits of a hyena she is the human version of it. She is a very treacherous person, who would not hesitate to cut your throat in a life or death situation.

Subject at Hand:
As I said we work closely with Ms. X who coordinates our projects from the other sides, she works pretty closely with us and basically and I am not lying, she is out to get us, all of the people working in my company, which consists of me, 2 other people who are like me call center operators, and the 2 coordinators, she never hesitates to humiliate us by putting us the operators in very shameful situation towards the customers and basically having to lie to them because she is a lazy b-word.

Every day she decides she needs to conduct a little test and call us directly the operators and basically act as a customer, the problem with this is that she doesn't know what the hell she wants, she just basically makes up stuff along the way while on the phone with us and she ends up asking us about the most absurd stuff, and if we screw it up be sure that our superiors will find out and they will yell at us for screwing up.

I am at a point where I feel like punching her face only by hearing her voice over the phone, I can't control myself, I feel such anger towards this person that I can't keep my emotions in check, this never happened to me ever with someone, and my problem above all is that I am a pretty impulsive person with a very short fuse, who will basically either slap your face or leave in the middle of the argument and punch the nearest object.

See less See more
#2 ·
Slash her tires.

I did that to a superior once at my old job and she backed up from harassing everyone. Good ol' confrontation deters most people from being petty and stupid.

#3 ·
I had this really difficult woman i used to work with, she was very neurotic and nitpicked over every tiny thing she though that we were doing wrong, i ended up exploding at her a couple of times, swearing my head off. She ended up backing off for a bit after that. It was weird she would act like a real ***** towards me i'd eventually go nato at her and then she'd act all nice to me?!
Strange lady, sometimes you really have to stand up to these horrible people, i don't think impulsively exploding at them is the right way to go though. Is there anyway you could make an anonymous complaint towards her? Some companies do that.

#4 ·
I was thinking about a more passive aggressive approach, put her phone number in the classified ads in the section for people looking for a good time ;)

#5 ·
Intro:
I work in a call center which basically deals with Infolines for different companies
Hey Raulz0r,

I don't usually come to the forum side of these site anymore, but I did want to reply to this because you struck a lot of chords with me. I can relate to nearly everything you said here. I've done much work as a call center rep, and honestly it is one of the worst possible jobs to have for someone with SA for so many reasons.

But I can relate to having a horrible superior. What I don't understand about these people is that they are so horrible to other's who are just trying to scrape a living just like they are. I myself have been in positions of leadership at jobs, and I can honestly say I have always been well respected and liked. It's because I have compassion and never looked at anyone as "my employee". They are just people who I work with. I've covered shifts for people who worked under me, because I understand that life happens.

But at my last call center gig, no lie, we had FIVE different supervisors. All of them were female, and they all had this "men are stupid" mentality. Each of the 5 supervisors had 2 senior reps supporting them. So the TEN senior reps were all women, and they were also encouraged to have this "men are worthless" attitude and it was all supposed to be taken as a "wacky joke".

There were times where I really needed help, and I would go to a supervisor and ask for help. I remember one time, the one supervisor would tell me "Ohhh Honey, I'm not ever here right now. You don't even see me." The entire time, she didn't even look at me when she said it. That was probably the only time I lost my cool and my professional demeanor when I asked her "Do I look like a six year old to you? I'm an adult speaking to you and asking you to do the job you're paid to do." Things got a little weird after that. Go figure- the time I stand up for myself is also what gets me sort of black balled there.

It was just a miserable place. The supervisors never had any info or could offer any practical help. In part, they weren't COMPLETELY to blame because rules and procedures were every changing there, but they didn't know many things about the job on a fundamental level.

It was also a bunch of other things. But I washed my hands of it eventually. I went to school, and I didn't feel comfortable working under American people who had a tenuous grasp of the English language, at best. It made me feel embarrassed to high hell when they would use slang and ebonics when speaking to a provider or Dr's office on the phone.

Anyway, that was just a really roundabout way of saying that I understand your frustration with your supervisor. It's always the people who are LEAST qualified to deal with others that are specifically put in charge to deal with others. No one can operate under the notion that they are a human being working with other human beings who need to make a living. It's always "I'm above you so I have to make your every work day a living hell". This is because most people operate on the emotion level of a 4th grader. They aren't capable of more than that. And even worse, they stay at these jobs longer than anyone else because they have no semblance of self respect or shame enough to realize that they are a**holes and will never be more than that.

#6 ·
Thanks AnotherGuy, feels nice to know people that know where you are coming from with your rant, I am slightly lucky at my call center job, that the team leader is my cousin, and although she is the hardest on me, she is also fair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.