Anxiety every day before work - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Anxiety every day before work

Hey guys, new to the forum here, I love it it is so helpful! Anyway, I just wanted to know if any one else really struggles with going to work on a day to day basis. I mean I'm grateful to have a job, but every day before work my mind like prevents me from doing what everyone else does and just go to work and get it over with. My anxiety kicks in really bad as soon as I start thinking about work. I have such a hard time leaving my comfort zone :/ I guess I'm just here to be reassured that there is others who can relate to what I'm feeling. Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 09:48 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Yes I think this applies to most of us. I had it so bad when I used to work. When I would get off work I would be dreading the next day. I would have to get myself mentally prepared for work everyday.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 10:18 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Breezy
I definitely agree that it takes me a long time to mentally prepare for each day. Not that I have anxiety about going to work - most days anyway - but more so in anticipating issues with projects that might come up. Thinking about what I could do to cut off what might go wrong, not being able to finish a project in time...that sort of thing. I guess it's like I worry about worst case scenarios too much.

Unless I know there's a company party for someone's birthday, or a holiday office party. That sort of thing gets my SA going in the morning pretty bad regardless of actual work.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 10:21 PM
Seriously , never serious

Yep every day starts around 3 am ish and turns into severe depression at 6:50 when I leave the house then more depression and anxiety at 7:00 thinking about the day ahead . It goes away at 1500 when it's time to go home .
This new job sucks . But cause I just bought a house to renovate I'm stuck for a bit

. WTF is wrong with me

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 11:43 PM
SAS Member

I think I've trained myself a little bit before work. Since I work afternoons, I get up late, I focus on tasks like showering/getting dressed, then I get to do something I like, such as watch tv or read for a bit. I then get out to the bus stop.
Mostly it's just going through the motions, but it's when I actually get on the bus that I start thinking about what a crappy job I have and how much anxiety I have at it (which has gotten worse lately). I get a little emotional actually, which is okay considering I have big sunglasses to help hide a bit.

So when I get off the bus I just feel like like I wasted all that time getting downtown for nothing - if I don't go into work. At that point, it's not really a choice. I just don't want to waste a day. I think about how, if I don't go to work, I want the entire day, that it would be better to just wake up then call in sick (which sometimes I do struggle with). Some days i'm laying in bed with my alarm waking me up at 10:30am and I don't get out of bed until 12:30pm because it's 2 hours of struggling and just wanting to stay in my comfy bed...

But mostly, it's going through the motions. If I don't feel anxious on the bus, I'll feel it as soon as I walk into the building. And lately, I'll feel depressed when I get home, knowing that just wasted 10 hours on a job I hate to come home to a crappy apartment... sometimes that'll spark some anxiety & stress...

Yeah, I just need to win the lottery and quit so I can do whatever I want
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 01:14 AM
Searching...

My Mood: Bored
My life is like that movie Office Space except its manual labor so I'm slowly breaking my back.

Every new day, feels like the worst day of my life.

Also I'm being cheated there, I'm bidding my time and trying to be patient to allow them to fix it soon, otherwise I'm gonna have to find greener pastures, which sucks but I hate feeling like I'm working on a sinking ship.

"All greatness of character is dependent on individuality. The man who has no other existence than that which he partakes in common with all around him, will never have any other than an existence of mediocrity. "
-James F. Cooper

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... Wondering, fearing, doubting..." -Edgar Allan Poe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3bMZ5dNsl4
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 03:45 AM
forever single

Welcome to the forum @ DBZfan951892! Workplace anxiety probably forms half of the total anxiety I have. If the need to work was removed from me, there would be a significant improvement to my health more or less overnight. I must stress that it's not so much the work that bothers me – it's having to deal with people that gets to me.

Every morning I get up feeling low. Some mornings I actually feel ill. When I know I've got a heavy workload day or something I know I don't want to do, I'm physically shaking when I'm leaving the house. If I wake up early, then that's it. I can't get back to sleep again and I'll end up spending upwards of nine hours at work when I've only had three/four hours sleep beforehand.

I'm positively depressed every Sunday afternoon and I'm certainly not approachable in the evening. Whilst this hasn't happened for a while, I have been reduced to tears on Sunday nights before now.

Unfortunately, my parents don't understand. They keep on asking me why I feel like this and that I've been working with the company for 'x' years. Why should I be nervous and anxious? It doesn't matter if I've been working for 100 years – I just don't like it. I don't like mixing and dealing with people. Simple. As a result, work has been nothing more than an open prison environment to me.

"My life is an endless purgatory, interrupted by profound moments of misery"

My Blog: https://haymansafc.wordpress.com/
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 12:44 PM
dead

My Mood: Dead
I get anxiety everyday before work. But I know work will be fine and I cope fine. I just worry that I will fail and not get my work done in time.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 12:53 PM
sewn to the sky

I used to have a really hard time with pre-work anxiety. Luckily my current position is low stress and requires very little social interaction, so it's gotten better.

So it goes.

“Still and all, why bother? Here's my answer. Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.”
~ Kurt Vonnegut
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 04:18 AM
SAS Member

I get gastrointestinal issues every morning before work. My issues are magnified because I have a job in a company that is poorly run and will likely be sold. This will equal a lay off for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 04:19 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
Yep every day starts around 3 am ish and turns into severe depression at 6:50 when I leave the house then more depression and anxiety at 7:00 thinking about the day ahead . It goes away at 1500 when it's time to go home .
This new job sucks . But cause I just bought a house to renovate I'm stuck for a bit
I have a similar situation. How are you coping?
Posted via Mobile Device
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 09:34 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angry
Yep I have work tomorrow and I'm ****ting bricks about it. It's really dragging me down, I've ended up resorting to eating tubs of ice cream to cope.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 08:26 PM
SAS Member

Adding to my earlier post... I still get days that are really bad they just don't happen too often. Usually I can force myself to go to work.

Today I was so anxious I called in sick again, then I felt guilty for about 3 hours after. I'm so mad at myself & my SA
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 12:19 AM
Permanently Banned

And that's why I'm retired.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 01:31 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
Yeah there's basically no time for me when I'm not anxious. I procrastinate for literally everything, even going to do something I enjoy I get anxiety and procrastinate.

I keep pushing myself though because the alternative is a lot worse...
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 06:35 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
If I wake up early, then that's it. I can't get back to sleep again and I'll end up spending upwards of nine hours at work when I've only had three/four hours sleep beforehand.
Love your posts since a lot of them I can totally relate to. This bit especially - that's so me on some days before I gotta work as well, it's so frustrating, no matter what you do you just can't switch your brain back off again.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 11:39 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angry
Yes this is relentless and I hate it. I really hate it. I envy how most people can go to work without feeling ****ing social anxiety.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Thanks for the replies everybody sorry it took me so long to reply, I have been having phone issues lately. I had a very bad nervous breakdown at work today over something I have kept bottled up for ten months, and I had to go home early because I was panicking so bad. I am so embarrassed with myself, I feel so stupid. On the upside I was able to get his thing off my chest at home and fee so much better now. Thanks for listening everyone I love you all
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 12:33 PM
Permanently Banned

Glad to know I'm not the only one. This past weekend, I was sleeping. I awakened with a start, looked at my alarm clock and the dread settled in. We all know that sinking feeling of knowing that the whole day does not belong to us.. It's at that gawd forsaken hell-hole, called "work".. then I realized it was my day off. Talk about "relief"!
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 12:36 PM
SAS Member

Yep. I get anxiety almost every day that I work and I've had my job for almost a year. Don't know when this will go away.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page