zero goals, no ambitions - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

zero goals, no ambitions

I don't have any desire to pursue anything or do anything productive with my life. Being fresh out of high-school, I'm presented with many possible paths that I could take, but none interest me. All I want to do is masturbate and watch inane YouTube videos for the rest of my life, but I know that this sort of lifestyle isn't sustainable and that eventually I'll have to venture into the real-world and get a job or attend college, but I honestly couldn't be bothered. Neither wealth or accomplishment are incentive enough to get me to do anything. Is it depression?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 10:26 PM
The Groat King

Not necessarily depression. Let's face it, goals and ambition are usually about chasing someone else's dream for your life.
If you were to tell people that you wanted to be the world's best masturbater they would think you are insane.
Tell them that you want to be a millionaire by 30 and they will think you are wonderful.
That's because the later is an approved goal.
This is why I always cringe when people talk about goals. They didn't come up with those goals. They are just trying to fit in better. And this is why there are so few unique people in the world. Everyone has their goals pre-programmed.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 11:20 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Depression could be part of it. Ever been to a Dr / therapist to get checked out? That would be a good start.

Finding a career path that interests you a whole lot of people struggle with at your age. Hell im 41 and still don't have that figured out. Most people just end up getting a job that pays the bills. Welcome to adulthood!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 06:11 PM
Quit: Spam filter lmao

Could be depression, but I think it's a difficult age too. You get a bunch of possible paths and are told to choose, but not how to choose beyond "Follow your interests/passion/etc". You don't need a final answer, just a reasonable next step.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 06:17 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
its somewhat sustainable

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 06:51 PM
Don
Fupa King

Language: English
My goal in life at this point, is to make enough money to live alone, and after work, go home, escape from reality and play video games. Also maybe get some poetry published and try and expand my writing ability more.

Other than that, I just want the world to leave me alone. Considering that I have yet to get even a minimum wage job, however, my plan isn't exactly working out. Guess I'll die maybe?

Life's Wack
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 07:37 PM
I'm not OK (I promise)

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I think it's mostly that the education system doesn't actually help people to find stuff they're interested in and can do for money and might be good at, which in this current society is probably often impossible anyway.

It's actually a cultural problem in industrialised nations that varies in severity depending on the country.

I think the only way through now (for society in general,) is via augmented and virtual reality. We've probably gone too far to go back, nobody seems interested in going back, and social media isn't going to help so further in it is then. Things like Pokemon Go and this:

In the future they will have to have VR lectures and therapy groups too. Well maybe they already do I don't have any VR tech so I have no idea. I know some people treated their phobias with VR already.

Making money off it probably isn't easy as with everything online you need money to make money and with many things the amount you can earn is dragged down to the poorest levels globally so if you live in a country with a high cost of living it doesn't work out. This sort of insanity is happening again:

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

Call me morbid, call me pale
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 07:53 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
My goal in life at this point, is to make enough money to live alone, and after work, go home, escape from reality and play video games. Also maybe get some poetry published and try and expand my writing ability more.

Other than that, I just want the world to leave me alone. Considering that I have yet to get even a minimum wage job, however, my plan isn't exactly working out. Guess I'll die maybe?
Same... I'm working just for sake to be in peace with my parents, there was some conflicts when I didn't had a job and honestly I didn't wanted to have it, not once I actually tried to kill myself back then because of what a hell everything was back then. Now it isn't much better, but at least I don't need to argue that much, what is not good for me, especially that I can almost instantly get depressed just because of few words, sometimes I can dive very deeply into it what comes to dropping any plans and just doing absolutely nothing and feeling who I am actually is... Trash...
On the other hand in the work they want me to work overtime, while I can barely stand there for 8 hours, I totally hate that, I hate that there is women majority, I hate dealing with their crap everyday. I just want to die finally, just make my miserable existence go away, no one cares anyway...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page