Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Coping With Social Anxiety (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f26/)
-   -   Your Biggest And Worst Motivation/Inspiration? (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f26/your-biggest-and-worst-motivation-inspiration-2223957/)

Royals 05-29-2019 04:28 AM

Your Biggest And Worst Motivation/Inspiration?

I am curious, which person motivated/inspired you the most in your life? And which person the least?

With me my mother or nephew probably were the most motivating/supporting.

The least probably a photography teacher at art school who didn't like me and always pushed me to be a certain way. In a way he did motivate me later because I didn't become what he wanted me to be but I still became succesful in my own way :D

You should have this attitude:

https://memegenerator.net/img/instan...-motivated.jpg

EmotionlessThug 05-29-2019 09:53 AM

Humanity flawed my experiences to motivate me, where it made me feel unwanted from humanity knowing that a Multi-Agent System dictates the design of each human route.

SparklingWater 05-29-2019 09:56 AM

My biggest motivation is to cut my mother out of my life once and for all.

Royals 05-29-2019 06:34 PM

But what about people?

My ex-girlfriend motivated me also very much to take a new direction in my life. And I remember an old friend when I was younger supported me in my beliefs too.

Royals 06-01-2019 08:16 AM

Let's not forget God motivates me everyday to do better and hold on.

JerryAndSports 06-01-2019 04:09 PM

Biggest motivation: Haters

Harveykinkle 06-01-2019 04:44 PM

It's more a general not belonging to this world that has pushed me toward the spiritual.

WillYouStopDave 06-03-2019 06:43 AM

That's my biggest and worst problem. Nothing motivates me. Or ever has. The types of things that motivate most people generally just make me avoidant, even more demotivated and pissed off to boot.

Persephone The Dread 06-03-2019 06:58 AM

I don't really experience intrinsic motivation and if I do it fades soon after.

blue2 06-03-2019 07:25 AM

There was never anybody that motivated in my life to inspire me, I guess the Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

harrison 06-03-2019 02:03 PM

When I wanted to do my degree it was just me pushing myself - I think I just wanted to prove to myself I could get there. The work wasn't hard but staying in the classroom was and it took me 3 years just to start. I can be very persistent sometimes. I'm sort of pig-headed when I really want something.

The only other thing that comes to mind was during my marriage when my son was little. That whole situation sort of motivates you - all of a sudden there's this little man just looking at you and you'd better do something. I guess that was sort of the ultimate motivation and it worked pretty well for quite a while.

Royals 06-03-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison (Post 1093733345)
When I wanted to do my degree it was just me pushing myself - I think I just wanted to prove to myself I could get there. The work wasn't hard but staying in the classroom was and it took me 3 years just to start. I can be very persistent sometimes. I'm sort of pig-headed when I really want something.

The only other thing that comes to mind was during my marriage when my son was little. That whole situation sort of motivates you - all of a sudden there's this little man just looking at you and you'd better do something. I guess that was sort of the ultimate motivation and it worked pretty well for quite a while.

I can understand how a child can motivate and inspire you for sure! I am yet to experience that. Hopefully one day!

Royals 06-03-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue2 (Post 1093733027)
There was never anybody that motivated in my life to inspire me, I guess the Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Well, I hope you achieve your goals. I hope you find happiness and use your talents to make yourself and others happy! I believe in you man!

Royals 06-03-2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread (Post 1093732999)
I don't really experience intrinsic motivation and if I do it fades soon after.

If you have goals to achieve and always focus on activities and things to do you will always stay motivated. I always have something to do, my mind always creates enough ideas to use. I am always motivated to improve myself and have this drive to create something better than before.

Persephone The Dread 06-03-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royals (Post 1093733605)
If you have goals to achieve and always focus on activities and things to do you will always stay motivated. I always have something to do, my mind always creates enough ideas to use. I am always motivated to improve myself and have this drive to create something better than before.

Yeah my brain doesn't do that, it's very broken.

Royals 06-03-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave (Post 1093732993)
That's my biggest and worst problem. Nothing motivates me. Or ever has. The types of things that motivate most people generally just make me avoidant, even more demotivated and pissed off to boot.

Not even to go to this forum and answer a question? :D ANytime you decide to act or say something you are motivated enough. Just always look ahead and have things to do.

Royals 06-03-2019 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryAndSports (Post 1093731841)
Biggest motivation: Haters

Yes, proving them wrong.

Royals 06-03-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harveykinkle (Post 1093731883)
It's more a general not belonging to this world that has pushed me toward the spiritual.

Yes, for me, a need for salvation and to feel whole, to know my Creator and the meaning/purpose of life, a security of the afterlife, a spiritual hunger, the desire to serve God, a fascination in the Bible and religion/spirituality and to explain the design of the universe.

conantheworthless 06-03-2019 06:05 PM

Nobody so far has been able to motivate me, when people try it has the opposite effect on me. I really should gift my brain to scientists for testing, I bet they 'll learn a lot of new insights.

Royals 06-03-2019 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertSouthern (Post 1093732991)
This is a huge theme and I even don't know what to talk about at first. OK let's start from the beginning: if someone told me that I could pass my exams and get graduated I would believe. Even my friends told me that I'm gonna lose. But (wait a sec!) I found a force in myself and used review of edusson for my diploma (don't ask me why) and I DID IT! Seriously I did not care for all those years about it but at least I got graduated and that is awesome. It's better to study folks than shirk your lessons.

Congrats! It's great that you listened to yourself and found the drive to succeed. I never let others distract me and keep me from fulfilling my destiny. I know myself best how to deal with situations I face.