Yep anxiety itís you - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2020, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Yep anxiety itís you

So Iíve been noticing lately something different starting to happen with my anxiety. Like Iíve always had anxiety around people going places etc....this feeling is different and new though. Like itíll be at night, not every night but some, when Iím in bed and internally I feel like Iím about to freak out or something. Itís hard to explain but I feel like I want to start panicking over absolutely nothing, cause Iím just sitting here watching tv when itíll happen. I donít freak out though, and Iím aware of how Iím feeling and outwardly I seem fine but itís my head and throughout my body thatís like ok....youíre gonna get an uneasy feeling and my mind freaks. It doesnít last long really maybe 20 or 30 minutes. Itís just strange like is my anxiety getting worse or something, could it be stress? I donít like how it feels and feeling that way freaks me out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2020, 08:04 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Not sure, are you under more stress in your life right now?

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2020, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

And also when this happens I canít tell if itís controlled or not?...does that make sense? Like, does this just happen without me knowing it will or do I think myself into freaking out. Cause Iím aware itís happening, but Iíll give an example of one of my thoughts that I was panicking over in my head which was what if I ever became handicapped in some way like did I start panicking because of that thought or did that thought make me panic?....I feel like it may could be both? Cause some nights the feeling will just appear and others Iíll sit there and think and then start to get an uneasy feeling.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2020, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin001 View Post
Not sure, are you under more stress in your life right now?
I would think so, I donít feel stressed but I know stressful things are happening. Like, have I become so used to being stressed that its just that much of a natural feeling. Cause I know I am.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2020, 08:43 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blank0 View Post
I would think so, I donít feel stressed but I know stressful things are happening. Like, have I become so used to being stressed that its just that much of a natural feeling. Cause I know I am.
Hmm idk but I feel the same way. At this point I'm used to feeling overwhelmed that I'm just numb now in a way

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2020, 10:11 PM
Royally F***ed

My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blank0 View Post
Iíll give an example of one of my thoughts that I was panicking over in my head which was what if I ever became handicapped in some way like did I start panicking because of that thought or did that thought make me panic?....I feel like it may could be both? Cause some nights the feeling will just appear and others Iíll sit there and think and then start to get an uneasy feeling.
Very tentatively, this sort of sounds a bit like my OCD. It can come out of nowhere or be triggered by certain kinds of thoughts/watching certain kinds of things. And it's like a sort of rush or surge of anxiety. It's different from my usual anxiety; I'm always a bit anxious and tense, even at home by myself, and more so when I'm in a threatening environment (like out in public), but the "OCD rush" is much more intense and can lead all the way up to a feeling of panic. Sometimes I will literally jump up out of my chair because sitting still will become almost painful. Then I'll be pacing around until I calm down. To me, it feels like I'm going to "lose control", which is terrifying (especially considering the particular form my OCD takes). I go through phases where I can't watch certain kinds of content at all; like anything with a lot of "something bad is about to happen" tension, or anything about certain kinds of subjects will upset me too much. This is why I stopped following the news (many years ago).

I love Society. It is entirely composed now of beautiful idiots and brilliant lunatics. Just what Society should be.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page