Would a girl want to date a 30 year old that still lives at home with his parents. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Would a girl want to date a 30 year old that still lives at home with his parents.

I'm mostly doing do this to save money for a house. Basically because of the way I'm doing this I can pool most of my money into saving. So when I do get married, I'll hopefully have the money to buy a house. I also do have a full time job. I do pay rent, and I do own a car. So I'm not living in the basement playing video games all day doing nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 09:41 AM
alien monk

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 10:43 AM
(J)joke(pj)partjoke(s)sar

I dont think its as appealing to women as a guy with his own house. So when you have your money for your house, you will be that much more appealing.

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 05:00 PM
SAS Member

Language: English, Spanish
People of different cultures do that all the time. Europeans. Latinos. Asians... Makes sense to me. But I live with my parents 😂 so I'm bias
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 05:16 PM
Someone you used to know.

If I really liked him, the circumstances you described would certainly not deter me or make me think less of him.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 06:04 AM
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakingout View Post
So when I do get married......

Haha. I always laugh when people are so presumptuous about that when it's never a given or guarantee in life but they say it like it is as if it's deffo gonna happen.

Anyway, if you are working and have a job and money and a car, then it's deffo going to be more desirable than not having any of those things regardless if you stay at home with parents. It just maybe means that if you were with her of an evening, it'd probably be more comfortable to not be in your house when your parents are there. I'd feed that'd be awkward personally. So if she has her own house , that'd be preferable and your parents issue would be less important if you could just go round to hers.. I'm only thinking of a kinda logistics, privacy, convenience sorta way. I suppose if she really really likes you, she might not think much of the parents issue.

Anyway, the current trend is that younger people and people up to their 30s etc are more single than ever, they're getting less sex nowadays, they're taking longer and longer to get married, and they're more likely to still be at home. One of the reasons is upward spiralling house prices.

Hell, you only have to look at Japan and the situation there with people not marrying or finding partners and the birth rate declining.

Waiting for a beam to break through here,
A chain-way vision bright and clear,
This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,
First it was so quiet and now I know I am not alone in here.

If you can read this, you must look at my profile page. I like people who have attention to detail, and curiosity. Have a look, the lion's torso is on diplay :-p
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 07:31 AM
Senior Thread Writer

My Mood: Worried
Yes, it wouldn't bother me. But...I live at home so I'm bias :P

post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 07:42 AM
SAS Member

Language: Portuguese, French, German, English
My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakingout View Post
I'm mostly doing do this to save money for a house. Basically because of the way I'm doing this I can pool most of my money into saving. So when I do get married, I'll hopefully have the money to buy a house. I also do have a full time job. I do pay rent, and I do own a car. So I'm not living in the basement playing video games all day doing nothing.
Most likely no. And having a home won't change the fact. I am still waiting for the marriage part myself. Something tells me I am in for a very long wait

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist." ~ Our Lady of La Salette
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 07:47 AM
All you need is MUSIC!

Language: English
My Mood: Breezy
Yes and no? Every culture is different. Some move out only once they are married. I personally wouldn't care as long as you have some kind of plan to move out. I'm the same, I'm waiting until I have a full time job and I've save enough for a deposit on a house. Good Luck Mate

But I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep....
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 08:42 AM
experimental sincerity

Depends.

"I live with my parents because I'm saving for my own place" is cool.

"Let's go to my place, oh btw I live with my parents so can you not wear/say/do ________ while you're there" is just plain annoying.

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidfoxes View Post
Depends.

"I live with my parents because I'm saving for my own place" is cool.

"Let's go to my place, oh btw I live with my parents so can you not wear/say/do ________ while you're there" is just plain annoying.
Didn't you read any of my post?

What about where I said if she has her own place, they could go there. She doesn't always HAVE to go to his. And what if SHE still stays with parents being in the same situation?

This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,

If you can read this, you must look at my profile page. I like people who have attention to detail, and curiosity. Have a look, the lion's torso is on diplay :-p
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTimes View Post
Most likely no. And having a home won't change the fact. I am still waiting for the marriage part myself. Something tells me I am in for a very long wait
Why not find an asexual woman? Such as One who doesn't care about sex and all that and doesn't give a stuff if you're a virgin or has no/little woman experiance? Would being with an asexual GF be preferable to being alone? Or you'd rather be alone than with an asexual GF because the GF would have to be sexual?

This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,

post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 11:55 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Brooding
I think it depends on the person. At my age, I prefer if my partner at least has experience living alone for a while, like for school or a work assignment or something. Having roommates or living with a sibling, even, is totally fine. But if he hasn't left his childhood bedroom in over 30 years, that's going to be a hard no for me.

I am in the minority though. In Asian culture (and probably Hispanic and others), traditionally people do stay in their childhood bedrooms with their parents till they are married. If they never marry, they just live with their parents till their parents pass away and inherit the house :/
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 12:20 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Well it sounds like you have a good plan for your life in place if you're actually serious about saving up for your own house. I don't see why a smart girl wouldn't see you as a catch. It's not like you're laying around being a slob.

I'd say people in their thirties value that kind of stability.
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 03:48 AM
Packing My Bags

Depends on the background and culture of the people involved. But for the most part, it probably would not gel well for someone that grew up in a western culture though. Especially americans, since it's usually consider if you're 21 and above and still living at home, it's a stigma and you're a loser for it.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.

If I fail to adapt to the fault of others, it is my fault.

Succinct is golden.
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 06:30 AM
experimental sincerity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILOBRAVO View Post
Didn't you read any of my post?

What about where I said if she has her own place, they could go there. She doesn't always HAVE to go to his. And what if SHE still stays with parents being in the same situation?
So? It in no way invalidates what I'm saying. Nobody says they should always go to his place. However, unless specified otherwise, it is generally assumed that you would end up in both of the places (his and hers) at some point over the relationship.

I am talking about him because he has started a thread asking a question. The situation is not gender specific.

I suggest you actually read my post first before resorting to caps lock.

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidfoxes View Post
So? It in no way invalidates what I'm saying. Nobody says they should always go to his place. However, unless specified otherwise, it is generally assumed that you would end up in both of the places (his and hers) at some point over the relationship.

I am talking about him because he has started a thread asking a question. The situation is not gender specific.

I suggest you actually read my post first before resorting to caps lock.
Oh, i wasnt disagreeing with what you said and what you said is right eniugh. It's just that I had already explained like you say now about he can go to hers and his living at parents shouldn't be that much of an issue. It's just when I read about how you than wrote about the "plain annoying " part that it felt as if you hadn't read my post about where he/they should have more than one option rather than his place.

This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,

post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf in the wind View Post
I think it depends on the person. At my age, I prefer if my partner at least has experience living alone for a while, like for school or a work assignment or something. Having roommates or living with a sibling, even, is totally fine. But if he hasn't left his childhood bedroom in over 30 years, that's going to be a hard no for me.

I am in the minority though. In Asian culture (and probably Hispanic and others), traditionally people do stay in their childhood bedrooms with their parents till they are married. If they never marry, they just live with their parents till their parents pass away and inherit the house :/
But then if he inherits the house, then suddenly he has his own place and own privacy just as much as if he'd went out and bought a house. And by that time, it's probably all fully-furnushed etc. Intrinsically, once he has the house, there's no difference then between bought and inherited.. The only thing that matters now or is relevant is he has his own house now that would be a suitable place for a husband and wife. So would you have no preference then for a guy who's actively bought or inherited?

This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,

post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 07:10 AM
Tactical Hobo

My Mood: Twisted
It's good to have a plan and it looks like a good plan in my opinion, seeing how the economy is and will probably get even worse in 2020. Stick to your plan and and don't let anyone destroy what you worked for so far. If a girl doesn't think it's a good plan, then tell her to go back to her 3 1/2 condo and pay off her loaded credit card.

Anyway. Depends on the girl really. I get that going in parent's basement isn't exactly a hot date night for a lot of people and not everyone thinks ahead for the future.

Either way, good luck and stick to your plan. Find a girl who thinks like you or doesn't mind the way you do things and you'll be alright.

You're Winner!
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 08:26 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
I never been in love for 8 years so I don't care. Just need he likes me and accepts me. Everything else is okay.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page