Why Does Anxiety Manifest Later In Life? - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 05:34 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesker View Post
mine manifest at birth. my mom said i never slept even as an infant and was always anxious. i recall having panic attacks in preschool and earlier, not recognizing them for what they were until late into adulthood. the culture i grew up in did not recognize anxiety issues as being true issues. the term then was 'chicken' or 'coward.'
That's horrible mate - must have been very hard. I think it's still largely true tbh - people have no real understanding of anxiety issues at all unless they've experienced it themselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 05:55 PM
Changeless

My Mood: Worried
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
That's horrible mate - must have been very hard. I think it's still largely true tbh - people have no real understanding of anxiety issues at all unless they've experienced it themselves.
I think you're probably right. I guess an absence of anxiety is hard for me to understand. I see people not experiencing it and I wonder what it must feel like.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

I'm very polite by nature, even the voices in my head let each other finish their sentences.
― Graham Parke, Unspent Time
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 06:10 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesker View Post
I think you're probably right. I guess an absence of anxiety is hard for me to understand. I see people not experiencing it and I wonder what it must feel like.
It's weird - because I do know what it feels like. Often in the past that's been from using medication like benzos etc - and other times strangely enough just "naturally." I don't really understand it. When I've been manic I don't usually feel anxious - you can actually feel overconfident, it's very strange. That causes other problems though obviously.

I hate anxiety - I think it's the worst feeling there is. It makes us crawl back into ourselves and not want to come out.

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 07:28 AM
Quit: Spam filter lmao

I was very "anxious" of things as a child, like my bed breaking if both my parents sat on it, sleep problems, etc. I didn't become anxious of people specifically until social norms started becoming a bigger thing in middle school.
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 03:21 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
I had it my whole life, but it's just developing constantly...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page