Why am i feeling depressed after feeling positive for like 5 days in a row ?? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Ex SA Suffer-er lol :)

Why am i feeling depressed after feeling positive for like 5 days in a row ??

I amazed myself that my ways of thinking were changing from negative to positive its like i was reprograming my brain andi went to school with the same attitude and i still didint talk that much bit i actually felt normal mentally when i went to school.. i wasnt really that anxious as i used to be.. I was doing great tand everything each time a negative thought came into my head i would easily eliminate it.. i would be aware of my physical symptoms and i was okay with em and i calmed myself down.. i was doing good with my SA til i woke up today feeling like **** for some odd reason..

I woke up opened my phone to read friends messages and i didint feel like even reading them or writing back i wasnt in the mood i had this wierd feeling.. it was like mild depression in the morning before school.. i didint even go cause i dnt liek goin feeling this ****ty cause it usually gets worse if i go idk.. its like all the depression symptoms come back after feeling good.. low self esteem, inferiority, sadness, crying..like when in this mood you view everything so negatively like oh the techniques im using dnt work.. you will never beat SA just stop trying loser..just dumb thoughts.. it was wierd maybe i let negative thoughts creep in my head that made me feel bad without me realizing it im not sure.. has anybody felt like this?? well there was only one thing that was different the weather was really bad there was loud thunder and it was raining hard.. mayebthat triggered thoughts in my head about sad anxious days in the past when it rained or sumthin.. it was ugly and dark outside.. well i slept it off i took a nap and woke up feeling a bit better but its wierd that my modd never seems to stabalize.. it would be good to feel awesome everyday.. i feel like woopin SA those days..

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.”
Mahatma Gandhi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 12:56 PM
wtvs

i wanna bump this oldass thread n so i will somebode stop mee

wht is this hes talking abt???
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 03:32 PM
SAS Member

I'm not a therapist, but I would have to say it sounds a bit like bipolar disorder. It can manifest itself in early adulthood, and can consist of manic (up) and depressive (down) episodes. Over simplistic definition, but try googling it for better info.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 03:43 PM
SAS Member

It could be a lot of things. The first that pops to my mind are
Seasonal affected disorder (SAD) - If it seems affected by the seasons consistently. Most common in the winter, but not unheard of for the summer.
or
Vitamin D deficiency - It seems like he says he was fine when the weather was good. If this is consistent, Vitamin D deficiency is a viable option.

I'd suggest getting a blood test to check for deficiency, and maybe get a lightbox (or other light therapy device) if you can afford one.

Embrace the glorious mess that you are
Elizabeth Gilbert

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 03:51 PM

You may also want to think of it as a graph with happiness plotted on the Y axis. It's going to go up and down, but you should step back and look at the general trend. Content yourself that it is still improving. A two steps forward one step back sort of thing.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 07:02 PM
wtvs

myea...
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 10:31 PM
General Anxiety Sufferer

I don't necessarily get depressed
but i do feel low and enter a darker part of my mind after being super positive 6 days of the week
That one day, usually sunday, i have the tendency to delve deep inside my mind.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 01:19 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Angelic
I get this sometimes.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 10:00 PM
Potato

Depression is like that, I'm afraid, it always comes back, no matter how great you feel at the time when you're free from it :/
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2014, 05:57 AM
Realistic

For me it's a rule for every day I feel good = about 7/8 days of feeling like ****.

I prefer the harsh , cold truth over a beautiful lie anyday.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2014, 10:30 AM
SAS Member

I'm sort of going through this now, but from the other way around. I was having a really bad week, and then for about 4 or 5 days this past week I felt really good! I was talking to people and pushing away all the negative thoughts, but now I'm starting to lose that positivity.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 08:58 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit27 View Post
I'm not a therapist, but I would have to say it sounds a bit like bipolar disorder. It can manifest itself in early adulthood, and can consist of manic (up) and depressive (down) episodes. Over simplistic definition, but try googling it for better info.
I don't think it is bipolar disorder, since there is no talk of manic state. It might be unipolar, or dysthymia. Talk to a counselor, they can help with mild depression (from my experience). If it is SAD, a lamp and VitD will help a lot. I tend to fall back into depression if I've stopped taking vitamins, am under stress, and have not had proper physical exercise
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 01:02 PM
SAS Member

my mood is different every minute of every day.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 06:25 AM
SAS Member

There has to be downs between the ups, so that it feels awesome when the ups come. Like you earn it or something
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 03:36 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn21 View Post
Depression is like that, I'm afraid, it always comes back, no matter how great you feel at the time when you're free from it :/
That.

Because depression isn't only about where you are/who you are/what you do. It can be related to being in horrible place in your life- literally or figuratively....
BUT you can have people caring about you and dismiss them and think they are actually not doing it because they care but for another reason. You can look good but think you're ugly. You can be smart but making yourself stupid because you think you are and you refuse to try. You can think all options are closed to you, and if they aren't, you won't see it when you're depressed. Depression can come for different reasons but it's the state of your mind, it's about how you feel about who you are/where you are etc., so it doesn't go away right away just because you got to a different place.
But I have felt like this- after a lot of bad days, finally something great happens to you. You've waited for it for so long, you gave up. And then it happens and it's so amazing that you should be on a high....and you are, for a while. And then the happiness and adrenaline rush subsides and you remember that while something is different you are the same. And bam- you start feeling down again.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 07:13 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
I felt amazing all of last week for some reason. Felt really confident and happy. Now I feel ****ing suicidal, for almost no reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9090 View Post
Being born ugly is like being held down and having human **** packed down your throat, and you have to swallow it to keep breathing.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page