when your talking to someone face to face and feel like ur blushing - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Thumbs down

when your talking to someone face to face and feel like ur blushing

when i have to speak one on one with someone i suddenly feel emabaressed and then i feel heat in my cheeks and think they can see me going red and start sweating alot and mumbling... anyone else have this how do you overcome it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Monster

I have Rosacea in my face that comes and goes. I HATE when people say - Ya know, your face is all red.

Yeah, got it. Thanks.

I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular.

You shut your mouth. How can you say I go about things the wrong way? I am human and I need to be loved, just like everybody else does.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Permanently Banned

we like it when they blush

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by inna sense View Post
we like it when they blush

lol
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 05:19 PM
SAS Member

The only way to overcome it (that I know of) is to stop caring about it. The more you worry and feel ashamed about it, the more it will happen. Once you adopt a "who cares if I blush" attitude, it will begin to become less and less frequent. And when you start to blush, don't fight it and don't focus on it. Just accept it and focus on something else. Anything else.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 06:00 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Press through it. It makes me focus on what I am saying much more then.
It is just a feeling we have - the blushing may not be visible at all on the outside.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Optimism Prime~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInReverie View Post
I have Rosacea in my face that comes and goes. I HATE when people say - Ya know, your face is all red.

Yeah, got it. Thanks.
A fellow sufferer :o ! The fact that the redness tends to linger for ages afterwards is the worst part, bah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzer View Post
The only way to overcome it (that I know of) is to stop caring about it. The more you worry and feel ashamed about it, the more it will happen. Once you adopt a "who cares if I blush" attitude, it will begin to become less and less frequent. And when you start to blush, don't fight it and don't focus on it. Just accept it and focus on something else. Anything else.
*Stamp of approval

slow progress is still progress.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 07:53 PM
Keeping the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilt View Post
To me it feels like sort of a feedback loop, where knowing that I'm blushing makes me blush all the more. The only way to kill the feedback loop, as mentioned above is not to think or care about it. Easier said than done, I know!
Yep. If you really think about it, our fears are often irrational, and we know this, yet we keep feeding them by entertaining them. Gotta kill the pesky buggers by focusing on positive thoughts or as it has been said already, not caring. But you're oh so right..it is so much easier said than done.

Come to me, all you who labor and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light. Matthew 11:28-30
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 08:13 PM
SAS Member

I am swarthy so people usually won't see me blush.

I got a job in sales as a desperate, extreme attempt to help cure my SAD. The first month was a nightmare. But now on month 3 my anxiety levels have dropped 20 fold. The hot feeling around my face when I'm embarrassed is gone.

You want treatment for SAD, get a job as a salesman. If you stick around long enough the rewards are worth it.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Lucky Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWierdGuy View Post
I am swarthy so people usually won't see me blush.

I got a job in sales as a desperate, extreme attempt to help cure my SAD. The first month was a nightmare. But now on month 3 my anxiety levels have dropped 20 fold. The hot feeling around my face when I'm embarrassed is gone.

You want treatment for SAD, get a job as a salesman. If you stick around long enough the rewards are worth it.
Thats funny I'm working in sales now too. I agree 100% with what you are saying, my first month wasnt exactly a nightmare but it sure helps a lot with SA. Its like getting thrown out in the ocean I guess, sink or swim. That, exercise, and Meds have helped so much.

It might not be such a bad idea if I never... never went home again.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 08:47 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin_1 View Post
Thats funny I'm working in sales now too. I agree 100% with what you are saying, my first month wasnt exactly a nightmare but it sure helps a lot with SA. Its like getting thrown out in the ocean I guess, sink or swim. That, exercise, and Meds have helped so much.
Sales is rebirth-by-fire. ; ) Better than therapy in my opinion.

It is cost-effective as well. My therapist doesn't pay me for showing up.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page