What was your first job? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy

What was your first job?

Or, what is your current job? How old were you and how did you get your first job? How did it affect your SA/how did you manage your SA?

It's embarrassing to admit, but I've never had a job. Just the idea of going through the whole process makes me extremely nervous. I've been isolating myself for so long and hate where I'm at in life. I'm so terrified of running into people that I know, having to make small talk, and awkwardly talk about what I've been up to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 03:16 PM
Barbells and kittens

My first job was selling Kirby vacuum cleaners. It wasn't door to door as they made us appointments to "demonstrate" the vacuums and clean and shampoo one room for free. I was 16 at the time and my mental health wasn't as bad as it became in the years to come.

Currently truck driving and have been since last year. It's nice being on the road by myself a lot. We do a lot of local work as well, so I do have to deal with customers, paperwork, and stuff. It's not too bad though.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 03:29 PM
SAS Member

My very first job was pumping petrol part-time at a service station - I was either 15 or 16. My first full-time job was at 17 when I went to work in the kitchen of a big private hospital I grew up near. My anxiety wasn't bad back then at all because it didn't bother me - I met my first girlfriend in that kitchen too.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 07:17 PM
Socializing with myself

Language: English
Online advertiser. I've put in for jobs, but received social barrier from all of them. So, I've decided to build a hosting website to promote my content from 2013 - 2015. But my website got banned for life, because the employees of the website company site said its illegal content.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA Software Engineers computionally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events in their own environment.

The real creator gave the programmers restricted technologies.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 07:44 PM
You tell me

Working in a warehouse for travel guide books.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 08:34 PM
SAS Member

Language: english, tagolog, chinese
My Mood: Amused
model and greeter at nightclub

Shyra Marie
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 09:04 PM
Merry Effing Christmas

My Mood: Brooding
Delivering flyers. I was about 12 or 13. Didn't have to talk to people, but I did have to avoid a lot of dogs. And got bitten by one.

For forty-seven years I've put up with it now. I must stop Christmas from coming ... but how?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 02:54 AM
SAS Member

Security guard. Great job for SA. It was very compatible with SA and it improves it. But what is your social ability? Are you in the outside world? Can you shop etc.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 03:16 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Stressed
First job I was a bartender at a five star hotel at age 18. I got to meet rich rich people, kinda influenced my ambitions and helped with my SA too.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -- - -- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - - -- - -- - -- - - -- -- - -- - --
I really had bad days I felt like am alone but it was once worse. I think am making progress and finding my smile back.
What am currently on:
Online Anxiety Help
The link is audios,videos and by that Irish guy Barry McDonagh(one of my favorite Social Anxiety authors ). Sharing is caring.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 05:35 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Doh
Got my first job at 16, started there doing co-op for school first before they offered me a job, it was working in a warehouse.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 10:43 PM
Born Of Blotmona­

Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
My Mood: Cynical

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page