What is your life like right now? - Page 5 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #81 of 108 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 12:29 AM
Quit: Spam filter lmao

My anxiety is pretty low these days, at least compared to when I could barely talk on a phone. I'm pretty thankful for that. I'm stressed out looking for a new job but not in panic mode about interviewing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 108 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 11:16 PM
SAS Member

Iím married and on maternity leave but I extended my leave for another 7 months bc I donít want to go back and idk if I can. Not bc of my child but bc I donít think I can do it again. I know I could never work full time anyway.
I have no real friends, no social life, I donít know how to have fun. Iím just hating myself lately....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #83 of 108 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 11:30 PM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Life is...life is

post #84 of 108 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 06:07 AM
SAS Member

Harrison, I've probably spent a couple grand the last 3 years on dental repairs because I constantly grind on my teeth throughout the day. That's just a minor effect anxiety has on me though. Are you having a better day?
post #85 of 108 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 11:05 PM
Persona Non Grata

My Mood: Worried
Not doing well and seem to be getting worse by the day. Was doing a bit better at one point with the worrying but it is out of control again. Also feeling a lot of anger, jealousy, bitterness and also feel like I am getting paranoid, especially in public places.
post #86 of 108 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 11:35 PM
SAS Member

Birthday just passed. I feel alone.

It's weird. The older I get the less I'm willing to tell anyone I feel this way when I do. I don't know if it's worse to hold it inside, or try to tell someone and see that they don't care much either way.
post #87 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 04:37 PM
(*__*)

Language: N/A
My anxiety is extremely high on days I have to leave the house. I don't do anything other than work and school. When I get home I drink and watch tv. I do nothing on free days because I lost interest in everything over the years.

That's where the pain comes in
Like a second skeleton
Trying to fit beneath the skin
I can't fit the feelings in

-Fiona Apple
post #88 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 06:58 PM
SAS's Chief Meteorologist

Pure sh*t.

Nobody loves me but my dog, and I think he might be jivin', too.
post #89 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoshychick28 View Post
Iím married and on maternity leave but I extended my leave for another 7 months bc I donít want to go back and idk if I can. Not bc of my child but bc I donít think I can do it again. I know I could never work full time anyway.
I have no real friends, no social life, I donít know how to have fun. Iím just hating myself lately....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I would find working a regular job impossible nowadays too. I don't know how I did it before - I think my mental health was a lot better.

I hope things get a bit easier for you anyway.
post #90 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgoroth9 View Post
Birthday just passed. I feel alone.

It's weird. The older I get the less I'm willing to tell anyone I feel this way when I do. I don't know if it's worse to hold it inside, or try to tell someone and see that they don't care much either way.
Happy Birthday anyway.

I know what you mean - people don't understand and they have their own problems anyway I suppose. I even called Lifeline a while ago because I was so low and they were amazing. The lady I talked to was better than any of the ridiculous shrinks I've seen. Trouble is they try to get you to see another one - they don't realize what dickheads they are. I think I'll call them again one day.
post #91 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 09:11 PM
SAS Member

Boring
post #92 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 04:10 PM
Moron

Crappy

On the plus side my brother's life is going well.
post #93 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 04:42 PM
CWe
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Tired
It's filled with tons of anger,hopelessness and pain

post #94 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 07:52 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
Feeling a little down, and lonely... a bit jealous of other people's social success... can't seem to figure out how to have engaging conversations...
post #95 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 05:03 AM
green and blue

My life pretty much looks like this non stop:

post #96 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 05:41 AM
nothing fills the void

Language: rambling
i'm generally apathetic about work once I came to the realisation that because of the poverty trap i'm in, any money I earn I won't get to keep, and if I factor in travel then I might be out of pocket. there doesn't seem to be many motivating factors for me to engage with traditional work, I won't see any financial benefit, half the time when I try to help people it does no good and what is the point in contributing to society if you feel increasingly like you want no part of it? as I get older the fantasy of living alone on a self sufficient farm miles from anyone gets more enticing.
i'm trying to do hobbies as pretty much my job, it's hard to stay motivated. I like this hobby but i've lost momentum for sure. I can't really do much else, I get upset when I go out, I get hot and paranoid and angry.I don't like to be in that state. I go through periods of not wanting to even talk about whats going on in my head, then when I do I feel I have no one to speak to or I don't know how to talk about it, so I just think "what's the point? I might as well do what I always do and keep everything to myself..."

I like donuts
post #97 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 05:54 AM
SAS Member

Kinda feels like Ground Hog Day.
post #98 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 05:11 PM
SAS Member

Language: Scots / English
My Mood: Crappy
Utter $h!%^. Like a cross between the movie Groundhog Day and the 80s American sitcom Married With Children, except more depressing and an over abundance of expletives. Not saying that as a joke, either...

Typical dysfunctional family crap. Having to listen to constant petty, stupid arguments. And Iím left dealing with the aftermath. Always, every time. No-one seem to care or take any notice of the toll it all takes on me, having to just tolerate it all. Depressed? Suicidal? Me? Nah! Iím just faking that for attention... apparently.

Donít spare a thought for the poor [email protected]$%@_^ who grew up the male in a household of angry wimmin. But then what da f__k has being told yer useless most oí yer life gotta do with self-esteem? Nuthiní of course! Cuz men huvínae got any emotions, huv they?

Music is my only true friend, as corny as that sounds, but itís true. Even though I feel I should just give up playing my guitar, because itís the cathartic release it used to be. Since ah donít feel any better in myself for having spent 2 hours playing it.

Or, to put it another way: Iím surround by people who Iím forced to pretend I like being with whenever Christmas rolls around.
post #99 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:01 PM
SAS Member

Basically treading water. I have a lab job that I'm not really into, so job searching alongside that. Single, no social life. Still awkward around people, mind still goes blank. Quit therapy in February 2019 after 10 months. At times I've been feeling the void, so to speak.
post #100 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:03 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conantheworthless View Post
I never would have thought years ago that I'd post such depressing things about myself on a public forum.
Relating to this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page