What is your life like right now? - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 04:11 PM
BBW BBC taking MILF

Language: Mind yours
My Mood: Lonely
Bad and it will only get worse for me. I don't think I can ever create a life that I will want to live. There's no chance of even getting the basic things like a girlfriend etc

95g Cadbury dairy milk, 100g Oreos, 75g walker's cheese and onion, 475ml Red bull.
Ooh damn that flavour flavour so good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stacks View Post
Bad and it will only get worse for me. I don't think I can ever create a life that I will want to live. There's no chance of even getting the basic things like a girlfriend etc
Sorry - only just saw this.

You're still very young mate - (and I don't say that trying to be a wanker or patronising or anything.)

We really don't know what will happen to us in life. We don't know how things can change and get better. I know everything feels like **** at the moment but it doesn't have to always be like that. (I know this sounds like crap mate but it's actually been like that in my life too) If I would have acted on how terrible I felt sometimes in life I would have been gone long ago. But things can be great too. Sometimes we need to hold on - and sometimes we need to try and do things a bit differently.
post #43 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:05 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by discopotato View Post
Not in a good place at all. mental health problems combined with grief. I don't function well at the moment

Not going to BS and say it gets better. I can empathize for the fact that life combined with longtime issues takes its toll. I hear you on it and I’m sorry you have to go through it.

post #44 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:10 PM
SAS Member

Boring

Right now, my life is "boring". I don't go out on weekends (except for shopping), I don't participate in things, I don't buy things for myself (I'm broke), and I'm what society deems "uncultured".

I don't take interest in what every bloke and his nanny are into. I like venturing on my own, I have my own unique interests, I explore them but I don't care too much about what's "popular".

If I like something, I like something—regardless of its hit-rank or whatever.

To society, I'm probably a cave-man.

Though I have always made it my practice to be pleasant to everybody, I have not once actually experienced friendship. I have only the most painful recollections of my various acquaintances ..."
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
post #45 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 10:03 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Hopefully you won't get that. Fingers crossed.
Me too. But it'll probably be payback since I'm having a easy breezy pregnancy lol

We are in a reverie/ And everything you thought you knew isn't what it seems/ Only truth will set you free/ And I would never lie to you
post #46 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 07:43 AM
Your local potato farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNikki View Post

Not going to BS and say it gets better. I can empathize for the fact that life combined with longtime issues takes its toll. I hear you on it and I’m sorry you have to go through it.
Thank you

more issues than vogue
post #47 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 09:24 AM
SAS Member

Language: Italian, English
My Mood: Sad
I feel like I've been approaching a turning point for quite some time now. I can see it coming but it keeps not happening and I feel like my anxiety and my fears are fueled by that. I am doing my best to make it happen soon but life gets in the way and it's taking me longer than I would have liked to wait. I just hope when this change comes I won't be crushed by it and I will be ready to face all the challenges and think about the greater good I am doing it for.

«But the thing that girls know best, is that glitter covers all the ugliness
And they know one thing above all the rest
Sparkle covers evilness
Shimmer covers all the mess
Glitter covers darkness»
post #48 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 09:28 AM
SAS's Chief Meteorologist

I think most people are decent. It's just that the ones who aren't make it seem like the world sucks.

... Hold on, let me check my calendar. Nope, nothing planned for the rest of the year.
post #49 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 09:47 AM
SAS Member

Quote:

My life used to be just like yours a little over one year ago! I felt like I had no future, no way out of my situation, no motivation, etc... then everything changed abruptly. "Be the change you want to see in the world" I've always HATED this quote because I was stuck in my own ways, in my stubbornness, partially worsened by my depressed and anxious state that didn't allow me to make the first step towards a change. Now I've discovered that you need a bit of luck, but also a lot of hard emotional work to be in a better place and really make a change in your life. You need to summon up all your strength even though it feels like you've got none and you've got to fight hard for what you want. I believe in you, you can achieve anything you're one of the funniest, nicest guys I've ever met you just need to be smart and make the right moves towards an improvement.

Sparkle covers evilness
Glitter covers darkness»
post #50 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:07 AM
experimental sincerity

Life's alright. My main issue is anxiety (not specifically social anxiety, but that too to some degree). I have something else running parallel to anxiety (or is it part of it?) that I don't understand, which manifests in a regular emotional overload, such as crying over a documentary about cornflakes or feeling inappropriate euphoria at odd moments.

The complicating factor is that my work, home and relationship are all entangled together and my partner has (different) mental health issues, so sometimes it's like a having a an important node crash: all the dependent nodes follow and the whole system goes down.

The rest of the time I'm in a pretty good place. I can get by on my pay, I have a home I feel at home in and I enjoy waking up each day. I'm getting better around people, mostly because I'm starting to fear them less and to express myself more. Life's alright, even if sometimes everything dangles on a shoelace.

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!
post #51 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 02:31 PM
BBW BBC taking MILF

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Sorry - only just saw this.

You're still very young mate - (and I don't say that trying to be a wanker or patronising or anything.)

We really don't know what will happen to us in life. We don't know how things can change and get better. I know everything feels like **** at the moment but it doesn't have to always be like that. (I know this sounds like crap mate but it's actually been like that in my life too) If I would have acted on how terrible I felt sometimes in life I would have been gone long ago. But things can be great too. Sometimes we need to hold on - and sometimes we need to try and do things a bit differently.
Yeah I just feel like I can't deal with my social anxiety and it's too late to do anything with my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleonora91 View Post
My life used to be just like yours a little over one year ago! I felt like I had no future, no way out of my situation, no motivation, etc... then everything changed abruptly. "Be the change you want to see in the world" I've always HATED this quote because I was stuck in my own ways, in my stubbornness, partially worsened by my depressed and anxious state that didn't allow me to make the first step towards a change. Now I've discovered that you need a bit of luck, but also a lot of hard emotional work to be in a better place and really make a change in your life. You need to summon up all your strength even though it feels like you've got none and you've got to fight hard for what you want. I believe in you, you can achieve anything you're one of the funniest, nicest guys I've ever met you just need to be smart and make the right moves towards an improvement.
Thanks El dawg, you're the best!!!

95g Cadbury dairy milk, 100g Oreos, 75g walker's cheese and onion, 475ml Red bull.
post #52 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 03:11 PM
CWe
SAS Member

My Mood: Blah
Ready to clock out tbh. My future looks so bleak and I see no light at the end of the tunnel...(not suicidal)

Life is so hard

post #53 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 03:12 PM
SAS's Chief Meteorologist

Quote:
Yeah I just feel like I can't deal with my social anxiety and it's too late to do anything with my life.
I used to feel that way, too. And then I found tequila! And I didn't care anymore!

I'm getting snockered tonight.

... Hold on, let me check my calendar. Nope, nothing planned for the rest of the year.
post #54 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 06:47 PM
BBW BBC taking MILF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maslow View Post
Quote:
I used to feel that way, too. And then I found tequila! And I didn't care anymore! <a href="http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a>

I'm getting snockered tonight. <a href="http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/orangeyes.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a>
Now that sounds like a nice hobby for me to get into! Haha

post #55 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:15 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
My life is going OK at the moment. I'm working part-time, which suits me, although making ends meet is always an issue. But everything feels fairly stable.

For me finding the right medication has been a major help. My anxiety level is low, my mood is generally good and I'm finding it much easier, and more enjoyable, interacting with people.

My SA used to stop me from doing heaps of stuff. Avoidance was my middle name lol
post #56 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 06:08 AM
SAS Member

Quote:

Thanks El dawg, you're the best!!!

No mate you're the best and deserve the best.

Sparkle covers evilness
Glitter covers darkness»
post #57 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 01:32 PM
BBW BBC taking MILF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleonora91 View Post
No mate you're the best and deserve the best.
No no YOU deserve the best.

post #58 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 02:18 PM
Senior Thread Writer

My Mood: Worried
Abit up and down like a broken down rollarcoaster. Right now, I'm doing okay. I've just started therapy and I'm doing activities that get me out of the house. I'm trying to heal and work on myself.

post #59 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 04:45 PM
__O-O__

Quote:
Originally Posted by discopotato View Post
Not in a good place at all. mental health problems combined with grief. I don't function well at the moment

The grief never goes away, but learn to manage it better with time. Go through the stages of grieving which takes years sometimes. Everyone is different time wise depending on how close they are to them.

When near the good stages of grieving, reading things they gave you from birthday cards to anything they wrote, or remember them saying. Usually find that helps, as it is like they are talking to you, giving you guidance on what to do next in life.

Even seek out family like you said, who act similar, as it might help guide you. They could have the answer as to what she wanted for you.

It is like in some cultures, you go on a quest to find your life purpose.

Quote:
Bad and it will only get worse for me. I don't think I can ever create a life that I will want to live.
What do you want from life mate? What do you like doing?

I can see one thing, photography. Maybe a degree in photography or similar?

Quote:
There's no chance of even getting the basic things like a girlfriend etc
Who knows, could be some woman you are taking photo's of is you future gf. Stranger things have happened.
post #60 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 04:47 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Working a job I don't care for and not feeling mentally stimulated enough.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page