What is your life like right now? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by discopotato View Post
Not in a good place at all. mental health problems combined with grief. I don't function well at the moment
Do you have anyone you can talk about any of it with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 05:10 AM
Your local potato farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Do you have anyone you can talk about any of it with?
hmm, not really

more issues than vogue
post #23 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 05:22 AM
Half agony, half hope.

I'd say that & anxiety and depression certainly affect how I function in general but make it more difficult in academic or career environment. I become lethargic, it's hard to focus, but I'll still show up and attend. Still try to do my best with the energy I have. Anxiety again makes it hard to focus as my mind races so I find myself agreeing with people....allot. With things I don't even agree with it's just my brain wants to quickly end a conversation. I.e the other day I was locking up the office and one of the doctors questioned if I attempted to exit out the wrong door (as I went one way and came back) I said yes, despite it not being true. My face is typically flushed at some point or multiple points through the day. Currently I'm in a happier state....but I feel like I literally can't sit still, and this affects my sleep as I have so much energy. So I've been going to the gym, eating more healthy, cooking better meals for myself, and taking melatonin in attempts to go to bed at a more functional hour.

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

post #24 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 10:46 AM
'internet nerd'

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Terrible.

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj éiěek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

"Who are you to change this world?
Silly boy!
No one needs to hear your words.
Let it go."
post #25 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 12:47 PM
Tired

Language: English
Half functional, which is a long way from where I was two years ago. Multiple problems take their toll though, and haven't yet been able to built a career or independence, maybe on the way, though. Not sure I will ever get the life I want (basically, roughly normal, ish), but gotta keep plugging away.

Atm my concerns are trying to make this relationship work, losing weight and getting back in shape, consolidating the improvement to my neck problem so I can function normally, finishing my degree (in fact, I want a distinction now, but will see how the last few bits of cw come in). From that point, some kind of career.

Dimethylamidophenyldimethylpyrazolone
post #26 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 01:26 PM
SAS's Chief Meteorologist

I've completely given up on being able to have a normal social life, which actually makes things easier. I don't have to try any more, although it can get a little boring, occasionally. But, at this point in my life, I'd rather be bored than feel the pain of rejection.

Nobody loves me but my dog, and I think he might be jivin', too.
post #27 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
Half functional, which is a long way from where I was two years ago. Multiple problems take their toll though, and haven't yet been able to built a career or independence, maybe on the way, though. Not sure I will ever get the life I want (basically, roughly normal, ish), but gotta keep plugging away.

Atm my concerns are trying to make this relationship work, losing weight and getting back in shape, consolidating the improvement to my neck problem so I can function normally, finishing my degree (in fact, I want a distinction now, but will see how the last few bits of cw come in). From that point, some kind of career.
Hope things work out Bob - you're a good bloke and as my son would say - you're "motivated." (I was quite surprised when he said that one day - I was talking to him about things a number of years ago and just saying I was glad he was doing okay. He was using the term to describe himself, not me - needless to say.)
post #28 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 01:28 PM
Tired

Language: English
Quote:
Hope things work out Bob - you're a good bloke and as my son would say - you're "motivated." (I was quite surprised when he said that one day - I was talking to him about things a number of years ago and just saying I was glad he was doing okay. He was using the term to describe himself, not me - needless to say.)
Thanks Don. Am trying anyway. - all you can do eh?

Dimethylamidophenyldimethylpyrazolone
post #29 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
Thanks Don. Am trying anyway. - all you can do eh?
By the way mate - every time I see this bloke on TV I think hey that guy looks a bit like Bob!! He's Mitchell Starc - good-looking fella and not a bad bowler too.

post #30 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maslow View Post
I've completely given up on being able to have a normal social life, which actually makes things easier. I don't have to try any more, although it can get a little boring, occasionally. But, at this point in my life, I'd rather be bored than feel the pain of rejection.
Yeah, I know what you mean mate. I had a good social life when I was younger and back up in my home town (Sydney), had my friends I grew up with etc. But it's been hard to make friends down here tbh - and I focused more on my family. People when they're older seem to stay with their own little group quite a lot - and it's quite hard to break into those groups.

I know what you mean about at this point in your life too. I'd say you're a similar age to me (but hopefully not quite that old) - I just get tired of all the crap after a while and want to take it easy. I think by this age we've sort of earnt the right to have a bit of bloody peace.
post #31 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 01:50 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
passable. c-

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #32 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 02:55 PM
Broke boy

at least I got chicken
post #33 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForestWasDark View Post
at least I got chicken
Well that's a relief.
post #34 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 03:36 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Light nightmare...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
post #35 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by melancholyscorpio View Post
I'm not that socially anxious. I don't really have physical reactions from anxiety. I'm more shy.

I'm shy towards technicians when they come into the office. We have an open office and my desk is in the hub so when there are people around I just stay at my desk.

I wouldn't go outside on a break or to the bathroom. I will wait for them to disperse.

Most of the time I'm complacent. I'm depressed because I recently loss my dog.

I generally feel apathetic. If not for work or plans then I would stay home. I wouldn't push myself to go exploring.

I generally keep to myself and fake being social at times.
I keep to myself a lot nowadays too - although I'm actually not so shy. I can talk to people if I want to, I just need to be alone for a while longer I think. It's taken me a while to adjust to my new situation.

It's hard losing a pet too - I still miss our dogs. The new one's okay but I miss the other ones, especially Harrison. (the lab)
post #36 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 04:15 AM
Born Of Blotmonaū

Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
My Mood: Cynical
Iím highly avoidant & solitary, my social skills are quite poor for my age, my eye contact is terrible, I get physical anxiety symptoms regularly, almost always on public transit, Iím terribly awkward & noticeable uncomfortable 80% of the time, I do work but only part time at a minimum wage job that usually allows me a lot of solitary time or only one coworker for most of duration of my shifts, I find working part time is enough to burn me out & barely manage it in truth, Iíve quit or been fired from various jobs because I couldnít cope & almost had to go into a type of hibernation to recover when I could no longer deal anymore, when Iím not working I often donít leave the house at all, I rarely hang out with people & when I do anxiety/shame of my anxiety tend to ruin the experience for me, Iíve lost or rather let slip away many friendships because of this, I donít & have never really dated because of my anxiety(and other things), Iíve never had any kind of savings and my whole life has literally been cheque to cheque survival so Iím that state taking time to really deal with my issues simply hasnít been a priority nor could I focus/buy into it when I tried knowing the financial monkey is always hounding me, Iím 31 & still live with my mom, I donít drive, I have talents that are going to waste...Iím sure I could go on but you get the point & none of this is at all any different than when I joined the site, Iím just older so itís more embarrassing with each passing year. I wouldnít say Iím functional, only that I do enough to survive the day, the week, the month, etc
post #37 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 11:35 AM
It's not easy being green

Language: Bocce... it's like a second language to me.
It doesn't really matter.

If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult.
post #38 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 01:49 PM
SAS's Chief Meteorologist

Quote:
YI'd say you're a similar age to me (but hopefully not quite that old)
Hey, I'm deeply offended by that remark!

I don't deny it, but I am deeply offended.

Nobody loves me but my dog, and I think he might be jivin', too.
post #39 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:06 PM
Vainglorious little sh*t

Not great, but better than ever. As always I'm pleased, but impatient.

On enhanced mobile I don't receive notifications besides pms. Apologies if I don't respond.

Know your ACE (adverse childhood experiences) score?
Sometimes, SA is a symptom of significant developmental, attachment or interpersonal trauma (emotional neglect counts). If you're still stuck after you've tried SA treatments such as CBT and exposure, research C-PTSD and see if it resonates. Here's an awesome resource. Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving
post #40 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maslow View Post
Hey, I'm deeply offended by that remark!

I don't deny it, but I am deeply offended.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page