What is it that you are struggling the most with when it comes to having anxiety? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Anxiety Coach

Language: English

What is it that you are struggling the most with when it comes to having anxiety?

I used to really struggle with talking to people or just being comfortable being me -- thank God I don't have that problem anymore. What do you struggle with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 08:44 PM
Social experimenter

My Mood: Crappy
You get used to talking to people with enough exposure. The part I really struggle with now is that people really are bad at their core. No matter how much you believe otherwise that's just not the reality of the matter.

complexity is at the root of insanity
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 12:23 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Life

/WYSD

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 06:55 AM
☆ Moderator ☆

Talking to or near people, but it is slowly getting better. I worry that not being able to talk makes me seem either rude or stupid, and I've noticed that the thought of people thinking those things is even scarier for me than the thought of talking. Another problem I have because of my anxiety is self-doubt.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 03:15 PM
butterball

My Mood: Mellow
Small talk, asking women out on dates, not having a job, not having friends, not enough time outdoors, relying on substances. Pretty much anxiety everywhere, forever.

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 08:28 PM
Absolute Thinker

Language: English
I struggle to adapt in bigger unnatural environment. I'm surrounded by a crowd of people that clouds my thoughts and delays my reactions. The order of my environment always change through shifts, as if someone counts down what mood to set for the environment.

I'm a college student in a big city, and the environment bio rythm disrupts human mental health and physical health.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA computionally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events in their own environment.

NSA Software Engineers designing citizens mind, language and awareness incorrectly.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 08:52 PM
SAS Member

Language: English, espaŮol, 日本語(少し)
My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Memory View Post
Talking to or near people, but it is slowly getting better. I worry that not being able to talk makes me seem either rude or stupid, and I've noticed that the thought of people thinking those things is even scarier for me than the thought of talking. Another problem I have because of my anxiety is self-doubt.
I have the exact same problem... I could have written this hahaha. Sometimes if someone is being mean to me, I'm like maybe I'm just being too sensitive or overthinking things.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 10:30 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
getting social capital. i can maintain a friend or a gf, just one at a time. hard to find a gf. hard to find a friend. a long time alone. i don't feel good alone, i get tired, stressed easily. phantom family doesn't help.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 11:51 PM
SAS Member

Dating. I can ask people on dates, I can talk about being interested, but I can never make the first move physically. I can do the stuff leading up to it, scooting in closer and what not, my emotions can't show though and I think people just get tired of waiting for me
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 03:32 AM
Merry Effing Christmas

My Mood: Brooding
I struggle with the fear that random strangers are going to violently attack me for no reason whatsoever. And that it will trigger my OCD, which is very unpleasant.

For forty-seven years I've put up with it now. I must stop Christmas from coming ... but how?
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 12:27 PM
bipolar

What do you struggle with? That's a good one.

How the hell does someone sum that up succinctly. Usually I just struggle with existing.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 02:56 PM
Barbells and kittens

I wish I was better around groups. I've gotten to the point I'm not really anxious around a lot of other people. I don't think I look awkward, I try to just pull off uninterested and I've gotten good at that. Just can't talk. As soon as attention is on me I forget how and only manage basic responses and short sentences. Doesn't help not having much in common with most people I'm around either. I guess it doesn't matter much anymore since I can avoid most situations like that. Just go to family gatherings and occasional stuff with girlfriend's friends and coworkers.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 03:14 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
hell is other people

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 04:28 PM
Moron

Probably plumbing. Always worried I might have plumber's butt.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM
SAS Member

Talking

I think the thing I struggle with most is my ignorance. Despite the majority of my life being me stuck to a PC, I don't know a lot about the real world. I'm not street smart. I don't get people.

This then leaves me being a very boring person. I don't really have a problem with that. I think silence can and should be appreciated when it can be.

Of course, the problem comes when connecting with others. Communication is necessary here and I'm not the best when it comes to this as I don't know how to handle things.

Again, I don't know about many a things, so when someone brings something up, I either don't know what they're talking about or I do but can't follow along adequately to keep things going.

ďThough I have always made it my practice to be pleasant to everybody, I have not once actually experienced friendship. I have only the most painful recollections of my various acquaintances ..."
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Senior Thread Writer

My Mood: Worried
Anxiety about the future, money and what i will do for a living.

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM
loser

I struggle when I have to talk to people when others can hear me. For example in a shop or in a restaurant, in a classroom, in the workplace. Basically everything public :-P
I can cope very good in one on one conversations but from the moment a second person is near I collapse.
The second thing that makes me very anxious is people asking me questions. I don't like talking about myself but I especially dislike people asking me for help in anything because I always will think I'm not going to be able to actually help them after which I feel stupid.
Other anxieties are coming disasters like funerals of my parents. How will I cope with all the attention people are going to give me? At least people won't be thinking to harshly as they'll understand I'll be grieving.
The future looks grim too without a job , what will I do, how will I assert myself ? Will I be able to stand up if needed? etc etc
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
People and life in general...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old Today, 11:47 AM
Persona Non Grata

My Mood: Worried
One of the major things I struggle with is situations that I cannot control. This is a big reason why I donít drive because while I can control what I do, I canít control others, road conditions, traffic, etc.. I obsess over the weather also (snowing right now) and I canít deal with it.

I am having a difficult time of late dwelling in the past and two poor decisions I made years ago that are a big reason for my near permanent state of worry and anxiety. One of those decisions in particular has been onu mind a ton lately and really making me feel bad thinking about what could have been.

I am also super lonely. No friends..online or offline or at work. Never have. This board and my therapist are really my only outlets to open up. Never dated or been in a relationship either. Hurts so bad but moreso at this time of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old Today, 02:50 PM
SAS Member

I've discovered great techniques to control my anxiety through this website: surgicalcoaching.net. It helped me a lot.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page