What can I do for an addictive personality? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
SAS Platinum Member

What can I do for an addictive personality?

I get addicted to stuff really easy and stuff just sucks me in. I don't know why. Internet is one of these things and I just go to the same websites repetitively. Thankfully I am thin and workout, but I still binge eat regularly and pig out on junk food. I am either hooked on coffee or the experience of getting coffee cause I go out to get coffee once or twice a day (I'm not super worried about this one). There are also other things I don't want to mention, but I waste a crapload of time obsessing over things and doing the same things over and over. What can I do? I have always been like this and its especially bad since I don't work or go to school right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 01:25 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheOutside View Post
I just go to the same websites repetitively.
This is a problem of mine, definitely
To the extent that I've started to wonder if I've got some kind of mild form of OCD. I can't seem to relax unless I'm checking a handful of sites over and over again, or looking up a certain event/person for news or updates, even though I know there aren't going to be any.

I am going to completely work on making myself happy.

“Fear can make you do more wrong than hate or jealousy. If you're afraid you don’t commit yourself to life completely; fear makes you always, always hold something back.”
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 02:30 PM
SAS Member

I tried making a schedule and follow it everyday. So far it's not been that successful. I just feel like doing whatever I want whenever I want, especially since in campus there's no one to look after you.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Permanently Manned!

Ya i'm the same as you - when i like something, i take it to the extreme. I surf the internet for hours and hours, lately ive started to smoke more to relax and eat alot of junk. Thankfully though i have a very very fast metabolism, which means im stick thin (im 8 stone at 5"7), so dont need to worry about my addictions getting me fat.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page