Weird stuff we do because of SA - Page 95 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1881 of 1891 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 12:46 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Stressed
I hate greeting people so I tend to find an alternative route to get to a class,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1882 of 1891 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 09:34 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Relaxed
I would jump fences to get out of school and come back to jump the fence for the last class
post #1883 of 1891 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 08:49 AM
Trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokabu72 View Post
I can never take a normal route anywhere. I always find myself taking unnecessary shortcuts wherever there's the least amount of people even if that means getting to my destination in double the time.

I'm also the type of person to pretend to get a text or act like I'm so interested in a book to avoid embarrassment or social interaction.
If you mean unnecessary long...cuts..., that's me completely.

Also, I randomly hide in distant bathrooms Sometimes I just need a breather, and to be unreachable for a minute or two.

post #1884 of 1891 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 11:30 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Asleep
If Iím going out of the house, I donít drink water or liquids, because I donít like using public bathrooms.

I donít go outside to walk and exercise, although I live in a safe neighborhood. I walk around our house for exercise. Itís because my neighbor ALWAYS slams her side door very loudly every single time I come in our house after walking outside. This is one reason why Iíd like to live further away from my neighbors.

I donít have a dog (although Iíd like one), in part because I know I wouldnít want to walk it outside.

I donít ride a bike that I bought for $200.00 a few years ago, although I live near a nice biking trail.

I donít like going into our pool in our backyard, and I try to avoid it, unless my mom begs me to go in with her.

Iím trying to avoid flying in an airport to visit my grandpa in NY, because I donít like airports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beansandcornbread View Post
I didn't go to my graduation so I wouldn't have to deliver a valedictorian speech
post #1885 of 1891 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 11:36 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beansandcornbread View Post
I didn't go to my graduation so I wouldn't have to deliver a valedictorian speech
Feels

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #1886 of 1891 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 12:12 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cool
The locker room..

Females have a strange tendency to "flock" in locker rooms, beauty salons, churches, day spas, etc.

I'm no longer cut out for that.

I can be in a locker room all by myself. I'll be sitting on the bench trying to pick the music i will be listening to for my work out.

Another female will walk through the ENTIRE locker room, see there's no one else there, then come right back to where i am, then pick a spot, and try to sit down next to me and have a conversation while getting undressed.

I'll get the hell up, grab my sh**t, and damn near run over to another place where i can have space alone. Or sit in a bathroom stall..

Usually, as i'm walking by that same spot i ran away from? There are about 4 or 5 other females sitting there just gabbing away with no clothes on, having a great time. As soon as another female sees there's a group? They go straight over to the others and start getting undressed and start yacking.

I wish there were days i was like this? But on many days, i can't stand the sound of my own voice, and the sound of chattering female voices, gets on my damn nerves.
post #1887 of 1891 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 12:44 PM
Ai
404 Not Found

I used to keep a water bottle in the back room at work and periodically go back for a few seconds to take a sip, just to get that slight reprieve from social interaction and avoid a panic attack. It became a habit until, I guess, it got on my boss' nerves and she told me to leave it under the register (which she would usually disallow). I still do it, but it isn't as effective, since it's not much of an escape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caelle View Post
When people are in my way in grocery store aisles, I turn around and go the long way just so that I don't have to say "excuse me". It's likely they wouldn't hear me anyways or maybe they ignore me.
LOL. I do this at work too... I will turn around, essentially retracing my steps, and travel the entire perimeter of the store... if it means I don't have to ask someone to let me pass... I don't want to bother them and, often, if it's a regular, they'll follow me and try to strike up a conversation
post #1888 of 1891 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 08:52 AM
SAS Member

I donít eat at social gatherings becuase I feel sick people think Iím really weird
Posted via Mobile Device
post #1889 of 1891 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 03:51 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by caelle View Post
When people are in my way in grocery store aisles, I turn around and go the long way just so that I don't have to say "excuse me". It's likely they wouldn't hear me anyways or maybe they ignore me.
Yep.. same here..
post #1890 of 1891 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 11:27 AM
SAS Member

anxiety bumping an old thread but

just caught myself checking the results of an ANONYMOUS poll here
on SAS before voting so I would know whether or not I was the only person
choosing one of the options. Have done this is the past and chose not to vote because no one/too few had voted as I would have. messed up.

-----------------------------------------------

preliminary scan results show that malicious or
potentially unwanted software might exist on your system
post #1891 of 1891 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 12:10 PM
SAS Member

I died of thirst (ok not really but I was thirsty) in my dorm room because I don't want to go down 10 floors in the elevator to fill up my water bottle on floor 1 and have to see people.

I've turned around on walks with my dog many times (instead of just following a circle path) because people walking in the opposite direction were going to pass me and I would have to interact with them.

I hid in my house once while two of my friends were at my front door calling me asking me to come out. After they left, I lied and said in a text that my phone was off and that I had earbuds in so I was unaware that they were outside. (In my defense, they came to my house with no warning. I feel like that is probably a very stressful thing for most people with SA.)

I've abandoned best friends before because I feared that they would reject/abandon me first. That's not really an SA thing, more of a self-loathing/avoidant personality disorder thing, but I figured I'd add it in case people can relate. It all kind of ties together.

"How could you tell if your instincts were just hope in disguise, and if your hope was really desperation parading as possibility?" ~Laini Taylor

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page