Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Wearing a shirt indicating anxiety or insecurities?

647 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  JEG88 
#1 Β·
I was thinking if it would be productive for people with anxiety issues to instead wear a shirt saying something about their insecurities. Although there's one thing I noticed about how others would perceive it. Let's say for instance, anxiety about being short. Here are two examples of shirts about being short:

https://viralstyle.com/shortees/united-were-tall-divided-were-small#pid=1&cid=230

and

https://viralstyle.com/shortees/being-short-wont-stop-me-from-reaching

Now these two shirts say something about the wearer being short but which one would you rather wear? It's likely that you would have picked the first one because it's funny in a way, unlike the second one which might be too motivational. Some people even told me that the second one is rather.. 'cringe'

What do you guys think?

See less See more
#2 Β·
I like the second one more. Wearing clothes that let people know about your insecurities would draw attention to them, probably making you feel even more insecure. It could be helpful for explaining why you are the way you are without needing to say it, but there would be people who might only notice your "problem" after seeing it written on your shirt. Some people could see it as not having self-respect.

#7 Β·
I like the second one more. Wearing clothes that let people know about your insecurities would draw attention to them, probably making you feel even more insecure. It could be helpful for explaining why you are the way you are without needing to say it, but there would be people who might only notice your "problem" after seeing it written on your shirt. Some people could see it as not having self-respect.
Self-deprecation is definitely a fine line, especially with a fundamental issue such as SA. It's not superficial like those shirts about height or other random traits.

It would only invite questions about your SA I think, ironically making it even more of an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.