Triggers - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Do you have triggers that set off a negative experience and you end up thinking about it and feel sad/depressed.

I was watching a news programme and they had this woman on that reminded me of a former colleague who was incredibly rude to me over minor stuff. And that reminded me of how people are always rude to me and disrespect me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 02:57 AM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Yeah but I'm not always fully aware of the exact thing that's bothering me just a vague pattern. Sometimes it's hard to pinpoint.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 04:01 PM
Merry Effing Christmas

My Mood: Brooding
I have all kinds of triggers that make me anxious. Not so much sad/depressed.

Anyone turning toward me, especially suddenly, if I'm not expecting it. Anyone approaching me specifically (as opposed to just walking down the street). Shouting, especially to attract someone's attention. All of that can trigger an OCD response in addition to anxiety. (Violence in TV/movies can also trigger my OCD.) Being touched unexpectedly triggers a pretty spectacular startle response. (The source of a long-standing nickname.)

Someone asking for a picture of me, or wanting to take a picture of me, can trigger a different kind of anxiety closer to depersonalization. Seeing myself in the mirror or seeing a picture of myself can trigger depression.

I have a bunch of phobias, all of which are based on triggering stimuli (obv).

For forty-seven years I've put up with it now. I must stop Christmas from coming ... but how?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 04:33 PM
bipolar

A lot of things can really set me off - but it will totally depend on how I'm feeling in general. Talking to people will often make me go slightly high - I can feel myself talking more and more and it gets harder to reign it in. I have to make a conscious effort to slow down and often that doesn't really work.

Bright colours, people around me in general - which I actually like but is a bit "overstimulating" sometimes.

Music - I can get very manic just sitting here listening to music on my stupid laptop. I think it all comes down to overstimulation - but also again just to how I'm feeling to start with and if I'm slightly susceptible to it.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 09:23 AM
dumb fantasy

Language: rambling
co-incidences set off my paranoia and cluster a thoughts
sometimes live tv or broadcasts trigger similar things
vagueness and ambiguity from others sets off a chain of self defeating thoughts

I like donuts
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 09:36 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by unemployment simulator View Post
co-incidences set off my paranoia and cluster a thoughts
I got a little bit of this going on but OTOH, it's sometimes difficult to ascertain whether or not it was actually a coincidence and (therefore) whether it is really paranoia.

I tend not to be paranoid for no reason. So I don't know if this really qualifies as paranoia if it goes away when you see strong evidence to the contrary.

/WYSD
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 11:49 AM
dumb fantasy

Language: rambling
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
I got a little bit of this going on but OTOH, it's sometimes difficult to ascertain whether or not it was actually a coincidence and (therefore) whether it is really paranoia.

I tend not to be paranoid for no reason. So I don't know if this really qualifies as paranoia if it goes away when you see strong evidence to the contrary.
I have had situations where my paranoia was proved right and tbh this just ends up making me more paranoid. like for instance when I have been out of work and felt like the neighbours were judging me based on this and trying to shame me for this not even knowing my personal circumstances. I then did an experiment to prove that their behavior wasn't just a co-incidence but was toxic passive aggression and I told my psychiatrist about the results and he laughed and said yes well sometimes you come across judgmental people like that. I was expecting him to say well maybe it is just overthinking certain things, or basically talking me out of the situation. but no, he pretty much agreed, this to me cemented the idea that I was right and I am facing certain prejudices. tbh there wasn't really a positive end to the whole experiment, on the one hand I am right and people in my neighbourhood are being weird towards me. on the other hand my paranoia is getting out of hand. but I am in constant doubt every time a situation comes up that makes me think, hang on, is this a coincidence!?

I like donuts
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 02:16 PM
butterball

My Mood: Mellow
Everything is a stress trigger.

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 02:37 PM
Permanently Banned

People
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 04:56 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
This happens sometimes ngl...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 09:03 PM
Absolute Thinker

Language: English
Environment overall is polluted by mental behavior defects in autoset mode by the A.I Computers. One thought urges to develop suicide intent, second thought deals with stress from school or work, third thought sense the feeling of receiving social barrier, fourth thought learns about appearing themselves to awareness, fifth thought searching for bonding experience, six thought out of place with the normies awareness, seventh thought concentrate on living condition, eight thought thinks about old age, ninth thought worries about social embarrassment, and tenth thought notice someone regulating thoughts and emotions to generate through an interval of thoughts, logic, words, emotions, awareness, mentality that are fake in the environment.

Fin!

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA computionally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events in their own environment.

NSA Software Engineers designing citizens mind, language and awareness incorrectly.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page