This forum isn't good for me - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2020, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy

This forum isn't good for me

I've signed up less than half an hour ago, this is my 7th post and I've check so many time is anyone has sent me a friend request or read my posts or visited my profile.
Why am I being competitive about this? Why am I seeking for validation here too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-14-2020, 12:15 AM
Secretly Che Guevara

Language: American Sign Language
My Mood: Brooding
Yes! I feel that completely. I signed up for the SAS forum because social anxiety made it hard for me to be on other sites like Reddit or Facebook due to my constantly comparing myself to others on the site; either I didn't have enough likes as them, or not as many friends, or people didn't like me enough, my posts didn't get enough attention, whatever the problem was. Now I run into the same problems here, only difference is I can't delete my profile like I did on other sites. So I feel kinda trapped and while the moderators suggest changing your password to something you could never remember, I still kinda hate the idea of the account still being there and the fact that my presence wasn't good enough. I'm considering just leaving the site, period, but I've made some friends on here and I actually enjoy their company. @DeeAyJay

somebody cares about you.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-14-2020, 10:30 AM
Fupa King

Language: English
I have used this forum for about 1, maybe 2 years and I've never sent anyone a friend request because I'm weird about rejection. Don't worry too much about it.

I've gotten pretty fond of this forum, but I do find a "moth to the flame" sensation sometimes whenever I try and be too active anywhere on the internet--we've got a constant running tap to everything and everyone on the internet, forums, and social media. I'm not so sure our brains were meant to process so much all at once--to live with a constant constant comparison to other selves and "eyes on me" sensations. Take breaks when you need them.

Life's Wack

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page