Thinking of what I'm gonna say while I'm talking - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2020, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Thinking of what I'm gonna say while I'm talking

This is really screwing my speech pattern up, because of this I use bad grammar and usually pause and barely finish sentences.

It's of course anxiety driven. I really have made a phenomenal improvement socially in the past 2 years though, it's gotten better than ever. I can handle myself in pretty much every type of situation now, something I didn't think I'd ever achieve. I could barely get a sentence out at one point and was mostly mute around others.

And the rare times when I don't have SA while talking I can just naturally let my thoughts go and I speak very well. I just don't know how I can solve this, I really gotta stop thinking about my words and just speak naturally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2020, 01:44 PM
SAS Member

I've gotten better with this while I've been working and having to talk to people. Sometimes I'm having a conversation and it just flows naturally, leaving me surprised. It's never felt so effortless. However I still struggle with keeping a conversation going.

Sometimes I do still stutter, reverse words, and lose what I wanted to say next mid sentence lol. Hate when that happens. I have to slow down and I just think it makes the moment awkward? Maybe it's just me.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2020, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqwsderf View Post
I've gotten better with this while I've been working and having to talk to people. Sometimes I'm having a conversation and it just flows naturally, leaving me surprised. It's never felt so effortless. However I still struggle with keeping a conversation going.

Sometimes I do still stutter, reverse words, and lose what I wanted to say next mid sentence lol. Hate when that happens. I have to slow down and I just think it makes the moment awkward? Maybe it's just me.
It does get awkward because people start finishing your sentences for you. It's sort of patronizing even though they probably don't mean it that way.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page