The Stress of having no Friends and being Single. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

The Stress of having no Friends and being Single.

It's been such a long time since I was last on this site. A lot has changed for me personally. However, I am still suffering from SAD, but I am coping pretty well.

I recently went through a terrible breakup. My boyfriend and I were together going on 6 years. He was a total narcissist who used and manipulated me for money. So I left. Once we broke up, I knew it would be difficult to date again. But an old friend came back into my life. Which helped me cope. Later I realized that he was just using me and he was a love bombing narcissist as well.

It seems like when you are a super shy, vulnerable, empath person, people tend to really disregard your feelings for personal gain.

What are ways of making geniune friends/relationships that last? I feel so alone. I'm usually not someone who cries, but I can't seem to hold it together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 06:55 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
I DON'T LIKE USERS!! Sorry you met such people! There are good people out there. Sorry I don't like the characteristic of a user, I can't not like the 'person'. And they probably weren't brought up well.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 07:37 PM

Keep looking, hundreds, millions of people out there.

Don't wear heart on sleeve until know the person.

Should get along with the right person. Just finding them is the difficult part.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 09:22 PM
SAS Member

Welcome back to the site. Always been difficult for me to make friends myself as well. Try to find like minded people. Meetup groups work well for me.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 11:43 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinmd View Post
Welcome back to the site. Always been difficult for me to make friends myself as well. Try to find like minded people. Meetup groups work well for me.
Do you mind if I ask - do you just go to mental health meetups or other ones as well? I often feel like I'd like to try some new meetups but I feel a bit uncomfortable about it tbh.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 11:47 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Do you mind if I ask - do you just go to mental health meetups or other ones as well? I often feel like I'd like to try some new meetups but I feel a bit uncomfortable about it tbh.
Mostly just regular one not mental health ones but I have been to a few of them as well. I play in flag football league I joined on meetup. Really enjoy it. Good way to meet people and most people are really friendly. Just find a group that has something your interested in and check it out. If it sucks your out nothing just don't go back and try another group
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 11:57 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinmd View Post
Mostly just regular one not mental health ones but I have been to a few of them as well. I play in flag football league I joined on meetup. Really enjoy it. Good way to meet people and most people are really friendly. Just find a group that has something your interested in and check it out. If it sucks your out nothing just don't go back and try another group
Thanks, yeah I should try and go to a few new ones too. I used to go to one for anxiety/depression and also another one for people with bipolar or mood disorders. I'd like to just try a few normal ones though.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 05:15 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
I DON'T LIKE USERS!!
You'd probably would hate most of my co-workers...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 10:34 PM
Absolute Thinker

I was born with no friends, girlfriend, sex, wife, job, income, and stable living conditions. Because the Multi Agent Quantum AI Computers simulated my time and events before I occurred to this existence. Meaning my words, face, height, hair, skin, teeth, legs, fingers, eyes, facial features, weight, thoughts, language, mind, perception, and awareness never existed in human mentality. The citizens see me alike as a distraction/pest to their consciousness.

Supercomputers design a mentality that is fake to give you a boyfriend. Behind the mind the AI put together from scratch is the attractiveness from its collective experiences of analyzing human unconscious intentions.

Even a professional criminal and a professional terrorist receive friends and a partner. I'm more threatening than a criminal and a terrorist.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA computionally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events in their own environment.

NSA Software Engineers designing citizens mind, language and awareness incorrectly.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 11:10 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
yeah also recommend meetups.

I keep having difficult relationships too. I'm attracted to the wrong people. becoming more aware and less accepting of bad behaviour. but I still cant meet the right person for a relationship yet. have made some friends though.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 12:23 AM
SAS Member

I'll let you know when I figure it out.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 03:14 AM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
It's even funner when you have no family either.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 07:56 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Breezy
Making friends is a crapshoot. Its all trial and error even more so when you get older. The only thing you can do is keep trying.

We are in a reverie/ And everything you thought you knew isn't what it seems/ Only truth will set you free/ And I would never lie to you
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 08:54 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia2009 View Post
It seems like when you are a super shy, vulnerable, empath person, people tend to really disregard your feelings for personal gain
This is so true! Sorry that you're having a hard time - hopefully things will look up for you soon!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 02:02 PM
We don't belong here.

My Mood: Innocent
Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
Your idea of fun is twisted.

Need a friend or support? Send me a PM and I'll answer as soon as I can.

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 02:38 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
Yes I can imagine, it was my one saving grace when I was younger & going through a really tough time, family having my back, even to this day.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 05:54 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
Same as your situation. I've stopped having a belief in any kind of relationship. I isolated myself but I'm trying to enjoy being alone. It's not easy and rarely have a happy time in the loneliness but that's what I have to get used to it. I'm scare of getting hurt by someone. It takes months to forget.

I'm a guy, been single for a decade, btw.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 01:03 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIWannaBeAdored View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia2009 View Post
It seems like when you are a super shy, vulnerable, empath person, people tend to really disregard your feelings for personal gain
This is so true! Sorry that you're having a hard time - hopefully things will look up for you soon!
Ain't this the truth! It really sucks.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 11:58 AM
Persona Non Grata

My Mood: Worried
I have gone thru my entire adult life..Iím nearly 40...with no friends at all and have never dated either. No hope of anything ever changing either as I donít drive and I live in a crappy place with mostly unfriendly people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrine79 View Post
I have gone thru my entire adult life..Iím nearly 40...with no friends at all and have never dated either. No hope of anything ever changing either as I donít drive and I live in a crappy place with mostly unfriendly people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page