"(The opposite sex) loves me" - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

"(The opposite sex) loves me"

I am really trying hard to be more social, but hearing people say things like "Guys are always hitting on me!" and "I get all the girls. It's simple." Or when people brag about how good they are at, well, you know. It's like nails on a chalkboard and it's seriously making me want to be around people less and less.
Does anyone else experience people saying things like these? Or am I the only one that hears things like this? Or am I just overreacting? Seriously, I want to know. This has been an ongoing issue for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Patron St. of Mediocrity

Language: English
I also find it annoying. I don't think you're overreacting, as a lot of people (including the majority of people on here) hate hearing about other peoples' business and lives.

I think you might be over thinking it, because a lot of people fudge this kind of stuff to appear more cool.

Misplace one note, and there would be diminishment;misplace one phrase, and the structure would fall. It was clear to me that sound I'd heard in the archbishops palace had been no accident. Here again was the very voice of God. I was staring through the cages of those meticulous ink strokes -
...at an absolute beauty!...

- Antonio Salieri, Amadeus
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 09:16 PM
City Park Superhero

Personally, I don't know if I would go so far as to say "women love me". However, I feel comfortable with saying "Women don't feel nervous when they ask me to borrow $5".

It's the little victories in life.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Permanently Banned

You could carry around a sheet of sexually transmitted disease statistics, and you are doing research for a book.
And you need to ask them a few questions. Then pull out pictures of infections, and ask which ones they have had, and what they believe their odds are they are carriers.

They won't do that anymore, around you !! Trust me !!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Go ahead and try.

I guess it is a little irritating if it is stretched out.
Especially when it gets more detailed. No one wants to hear that s***.

But whatever, they're just enjoying themselves.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 11:51 PM
SAS Member

yes

i know what you mean. a lot of people like to brag about stupid things they do or have. thing is, they don't know you think it's stupid or boring. they think it's cool. and they think you think it's cool. so act like you think it is. act like you actually care. feed their stupid ego. it makes them feel good. they aren't so smart if they think you are interested but really aren't.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 12:54 AM
an ardent desire

Luckily the amount of action you get doesn't determine your worth as a person.
Attention is just that; attention. You can't grab a hold on it, you can't ensure that the people that get interested in you are worthwhile people. It's a bit overrated.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 03:45 PM
SAS Member

I find it annoying aw well that people who get all the women/men find that their better than everyone else when in reality it just makes them an attention *****. Their sometimes the dumb stupid ones who have only developed communication skills and can be easily manipulated, but when their not its annoying.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiderium View Post
Luckily the amount of action you get doesn't determine your worth as a person.
Attention is just that; attention. You can't grab a hold on it, you can't ensure that the people that get interested in you are worthwhile people. It's a bit overrated.
Well written.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Yeah, that's all good points. I just mention it because of a few instances in particular. In one, a girl refused to get dinner with me (which she invited me to, btw) because I was "looking for more than friendship" and 'she wasn't". Another time, I was out with some people and a girl was complaining that guys are "always hitting on" her and it gets annoying. I mentioned that no one was hitting on her and she explained to me that it was because I was there and intimidated guys (because if I'm one thing, it's clearly intimidating). But the worst, by far, was a farewell dinner I had with a friend. Someone there mentioned how "strippers love me". I couldn't believe my ears. This guy believed it and defended himself. I felt very strange listening to him say this.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 02:15 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfett View Post
But the worst, by far, was a farewell dinner I had with a friend. Someone there mentioned how "strippers love me". I couldn't believe my ears. This guy believed it and defended himself. I felt very strange listening to him say this.
lol yeah strippers "love" everyone who are around their work place.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page