The one thing i was looking forward to, is now gone... - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

The one thing i was looking forward to, is now gone...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 04:26 PM
SAS Member

Re: The one thing i was looking forward to, is now gone...

Aw, sometimes parents are huge pains.
I know what you mean about your dad not wanting to socialize-- my mom has SAD, so I'm quite sure I inherited it from her.
I have a best friend, and I live my life and do social things through her. Of course, doing social things drives me crazy too and I'm always tense and unhappy with myself.

Don't worry though, you'll have other opportunities in your life to do things you want to! There are other things to look forward to. :]

"I thought you'd save me from myself with love,
But alone is how I stay, from the womb to the grave."

-Saves the Day.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 04:31 PM
SAS Member

Hmm, I only look forward to the little things myself since I go out little. Family might be going out to dinner or a movie and that'll be my one semi-exciting event for the WHOLE month.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 04:34 PM
SAS Member

I know how you feel; my parents are completely controlling, even though I'm 22 now. Really, it wasn't until I went away to college that I was able to have a real amount of freedom. They've let up a little in the last few years, but I still have to lie a lot about where I'm going, especially at night. 1-2 times a year though, god. I'm guessing that it's never crossed your parents' minds that you're an adult who'll have a life and a career of her own one day. Frankly, the best answer I can give is that you save up your money and move out as soon as possible. Just get a job and try to work as much as you can.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 09:34 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by `tash
I have strict parents. (Especially my dad) And I know this is the cause of my SA. Im probably lucky to go out with friends 1-2 a year. Never gone out at night, club, bar etc and im 19.
I'm the same, except replace '19' with '25'. Sigh.
I only go out once a week without my dad in tow. I know he's my dad but man it is not fun walking around the grocery store with him for 2 hours 2 times a week.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 10:43 PM
SAS Member

Language: English

I'm 29 and my parents don't want me to walk down the road where we live. They find it unsafe. Talk about overprotective. Most people my age have there own families and children and are completely responsible for themselves and for others as well.

I never listen and go for the walk anyways. She doesn't want me to drive the van in bad weather. I know it's because she cares. I don't listen and drive anyways.

You had me at hello.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page