🐞 Moderator 🐞
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia
I have more than one, but I don’t listen to them myself most of the time.
* Look at the people around you and pay attention for a few minutes, especially when you’re looking at people who might remind you of yourself in some ways or have features you see as flaws in yourself. Are you thinking negatively about them? Is anyone staring at them? You’ll notice that you’re not thinking negatively and that no one is acting differently around them. It’s a parade of strangers, and no one knows each other or anything about their lives and personalities. No one has a reason to hate people they don’t know, so no one here hates you.
* Everyday is a new day and could be a fresh start for you. If you made a mistake yesterday, it’s okay because today and tomorrow have no mistakes in them yet and you can try again.
* Most things will be scarier in your imagination, especially if you overthink. Try the things you’re scared of. You might surprise yourself.
* No one is perfect and it’s not possible for everyone to like you. If you think of a celebrity “everyone likes” and then search for them on Google, you might find news articles about mistakes they’ve made or things they did that have annoyed people. It didn’t stop them doing what they’re famous for or give anything up. If they were a singer or author and some people don’t like one of their CDs or books, it doesn’t stop them making more. Why should you stop doing things you like because others don’t think you’re good at it? They don’t have to like it.
* You (most likely) have never killed or hurt anyone and never would. Even people who have done these things have fans and people who like them. Why should everyone hate you?