Survey on Social Anxiety - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Survey on Social Anxiety

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum and everything! I was wondering if you can help me in filling this in! It's for my project where I'm making mix media on expressing social anxiety and people who has it! This will help my mix media to be more relatable, authentic, and accurate! It would mean a lot to me! thank you

Name: /Anonymous Gender: F/M

Survey: Social Anxiety

1. For you, what is Social Anxiety?

2. What do you mostly feel and think when you’re in any social situation? Describe 3.

3. How will your body react when you’re feeling stress, anxious, uneasy in a social situation? List 5 physical symptoms you always experience.

4. Out of the several social situations listed, choose 5 that always cause you the highest level of stress, anxiety, and, unease:
a. Speaking in public or in front of/to other people
b. Being criticized/teased/judged/watched
c. Making new friends
d. Attending a social event like party
e. Starting and continuing a conversation with person
f. Being reprimanded/scolded for doing something wrong
g. Making a mistake in front of other people
h. Talking to or greeting someone only to be ignored
i. Talking to a person who’s superior or is in authority
j. Eye contact with other people
k. Telling someone he or she hurt your feelings or annoyed you

The following questions will be answered with Yes or No answers. Please answer them honestly.

5. Do you make irrational and negative scenarios of you in a social event ahead of time? _______

6. Are you constantly afraid of making a mistake and being judged by others? ______

7. Are you afraid of meeting new people and being in an unfamiliar situation? _____

8. Does your fear of embarrassment keep you from doing things you always want to do? And speaking to other people? _____

9. Do you avoid social situations at all cost? _____

10. Have you ever had an anxiety or panic attack resulted from your anxiety about a social situation? _____

11. Has your anxiety stopped you from functioning or performing well at work/school, daily routines, and having friendships and relationships? ______

12. Do you cry easily from anxiety? ____

13. Have you ever gotten sick because of anxiety? _____
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 10:47 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeunae View Post

2. What do you mostly feel and think when you’re in any social situation? Describe 3.

3. How will your body react when you’re feeling stress, anxious, uneasy in a social situation? List 5 physical symptoms you always experience.

4. Out of the several social situations listed, choose 5 that always cause you the highest level of stress, anxiety, and, unease:
c. Making new friends
h. Talking to or greeting someone only to be ignored

The following questions will be answered with Yes or No answers. Please answer them honestly.

5. Do you make irrational and negative scenarios of you in a social event ahead of time? _______

6. Are you constantly afraid of making a mistake and being judged by others? ______

7. Are you afraid of meeting new people and being in an unfamiliar situation? _____

8. Does your fear of embarrassment keep you from doing things you always want to do? And speaking to other people? _____

9. Do you avoid social situations at all cost? _____

10. Have you ever had an anxiety or panic attack resulted from your anxiety about a social situation? _____

11. Has your anxiety stopped you from functioning or performing well at work/school, daily routines, and having friendships and relationships? ______

12. Do you cry easily from anxiety? ____

13. Have you ever gotten sick because of anxiety? _____
Hi! I just joined today and I'd be happy to answer these. I don't have an official diagnosis and I don't believe that my anxiety is that bad but I definitely experience anxiety often.

1. To me, social anxiety is being anxious about being around other people and/or hyperaware of your actions in public/around others
2. I generally feel very aware of what I'm saying and doing, I usually feel very awkward and out of place, and I often want to "escape" a situation that I'm not sure how to handle
3. Sick to my stomach, loss of appetite, shortness of breath, constant "wanting to cry" feeling, jittery.
4. A, B, F, G, K
5. Absolutely
6. Yes. I have a hard time with team activities because I feel like I'm being singled out and judged when I'm actually not.
7. Somewhat. If I'm by myself, absolutely. If there are other people around me that I know, I feel calmer and safer.
8. Yep. I often try to get out of events, but end up going anyway and realizing how much fun they are and wonder why I got anxious in the first place
9. No, I try to be social and work through my anxiety
10. Not a true attack, but an adult that I didn't know very well/didn't trust, got in my face and trapped me in a chair (I'm 16 and short, tall people overwhelm me sometimes) and as a result I had to exit the situation as fast as possible and it made me very upset and scared
11. I think it makes things difficult but not to the point where I can't possibly function at all
12. YES and it's so annoying and embarrassing
13. No but I've had periods where I have a hard time eating
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 11:22 PM

Language: sarcasm
hope I'm not too late to help you!

Name: /Anonymous Gender: F

Social anxiety for me is the fear and grief I experience from interacting with people. Experiencing Social Anxiety in the modern world for me is like having a handicap in a race. To get anywhere today you need to deal successfully with people, but with social anxiety it makes progressing that much harder.

• I usually tell myself "Be cool, be confident. Calm down." Pep talk type stuff.
  • I often feel like I'm scrambling for the right thing to say. Like I'm in a game show and I have to give the right answer or I lose. Sometimes I win, mostly I lose.
  • If I don't get a positive response to something I say, then often I think that I've that they think I'm weird, I've gone too far. Or said too much.

• I sweat more than usual.
  • I am on edge physically, I startle to any sudden movements made by people.
  • I shake a little bit.
  • I also feel disorientation, and have to concentrate to move steadily, similar to being tipsy.
  • I feel a loss of concentration and focus.
  • If it's particularly bad I feel nauseous.

c. Making new friends

5. Do you make irrational and negative scenarios of you in a social event ahead of time? Yes

6. Are you constantly afraid of making a mistake and being judged by others? Yes

7. Are you afraid of meeting new people and being in an unfamiliar situation? YES

8. Does your fear of embarrassment keep you from doing things you always want to do? And speaking to other people? Yes

9. Do you avoid social situations at all cost? No (depends on the social situation, some of them I do. Like appointments of any kind.)

10. Have you ever had an anxiety or panic attack resulted from your anxiety about a social situation? Yes

11. Has your anxiety stopped you from functioning or performing well at work/school, daily routines, and having friendships and relationships? Yes

12. Do you cry easily from anxiety? Actually no. Not lately. But I used to, almost every day. I did cry lately when I was overwhelmed with negative events.

13. Have you ever gotten sick because of anxiety? No, unless you consider secondary conditions.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 11:37 PM
Thinking...

My Mood: Pensive
Name: Euthymia Gender: M

1. For you, what is Social Anxiety? Anxiety generated from social activity.

2. What do you mostly feel and think when you’re in any social situation? Describe 3. I feel anxiety and paranoid. I mostly think about how I can minimize social contact.

3. How will your body react when you’re feeling stress, anxious, uneasy in a social situation? List 5 physical symptoms you always experience. I resort to nonchalance, earnestness, and stoicism.
The only physical symptom I experience is butterfly stomach.

5. Do you make irrational and negative scenarios of you in a social event ahead of time? No.

6. Are you constantly afraid of making a mistake and being judged by others? No.

7. Are you afraid of meeting new people and being in an unfamiliar situation? No.

8. Does your fear of embarrassment keep you from doing things you always want to do? And speaking to other people? No.

9. Do you avoid social situations at all cost? No.

10. Have you ever had an anxiety or panic attack resulted from your anxiety about a social situation? No.

11. Has your anxiety stopped you from functioning or performing well at work/school, daily routines, and having friendships and relationships? Yes.

12. Do you cry easily from anxiety? No.

13. Have you ever gotten sick because of anxiety? No.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 02:48 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Blah
Name: Telli Blah Gender: M

Being unable to socialize constructively. Not leaving my room. Having no friends. Feeling insecure. Feeling worthless. Awkwardness. Guilt. Being depressed. Being bitter. Wanting to die. Wishing I had a reason to go outside. Virginity. Worry. Missing out. Being unable to relate to normal people. Spending lots of time locked up in toilets. Cringing when thinking about my life. Feeling cucked by everyone and everything. Nihilism. Pissing in bottles.

Stressed. I wanna to get this over with! Quick, what do I need to do to seem normal?
Self-doubt. Am I coming off as a retard? Why are they looking at me like that? Did I say something wrong?
Anxiety. I'm an idiot. I hate my life. I hate myself. I wish I was dead.

Stomach ache.
Nausea.
Tension.
Difficulty breathing.
Shakiness.

c. Making new friends

5. Do you make irrational and negative scenarios of you in a social event ahead of time? No.

6. Are you constantly afraid of making a mistake and being judged by others? Yes.

7. Are you afraid of meeting new people and being in an unfamiliar situation? Yes.

8. Does your fear of embarrassment keep you from doing things you always want to do? And speaking to other people? Yes.

9. Do you avoid social situations at all cost? No.

10. Have you ever had an anxiety or panic attack resulted from your anxiety about a social situation? No.

11. Has your anxiety stopped you from functioning or performing well at work/school, daily routines, and having friendships and relationships? Yes.

12. Do you cry easily from anxiety? No.

13. Have you ever gotten sick because of anxiety? Yes.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 03:02 AM
Permanently Banned

Name: iCod Gender: Male

The immense fear of social situations and/or the extreme lack of social skills, which can lead to sever depression and isolation.

1.) Panic
2.) Extreme fear/uneasiness
3.) Desperate (to get out of situation)

1.) Sweating.
2.) Shaking.
3.) "Butterflies"
4.) Blurred vision.
5.) Unable to breath.
etc etc

5. Do you make irrational and negative scenarios of you in a social event ahead of time? __Yes_____

6. Are you constantly afraid of making a mistake and being judged by others? ___Yes___

7. Are you afraid of meeting new people and being in an unfamiliar situation? ___Yes__

8. Does your fear of embarrassment keep you from doing things you always want to do? And speaking to other people? __Yes and Yes___

9. Do you avoid social situations at all cost? __Absolutely___

10. Have you ever had an anxiety or panic attack resulted from your anxiety about a social situation? __Yes, several times.___

11. Has your anxiety stopped you from functioning or performing well at work/school, daily routines, and having friendships and relationships? ___Oh yes, absolutely___

12. Do you cry easily from anxiety? __No, I've cried too much in the past from it, not anymore now.__

13. Have you ever gotten sick because of anxiety? __Yup, horrible indigestion. ___
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Thank you so much

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page