Sudden personality change. People can hear my thoughts - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2021, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Sudden personality change. People can hear my thoughts

Hi many years ago, I used to be a funny and smart person. Nothing bad happened but when I started meditating I asked myself how come im like this, how come Im like like this to people? I found no answer and changed. I used to be straight As at school but that changed. This happened long ago when I was 14 and a half. Im over 20 now. I miss my old self. You don't know what you got until you lose it. All this years ive been repeating myself in my mind: how do I get like before? I wasnt like this. Also one day I started hearing my neighbors insult me. One night after that I thought to myself something. I said it inside my mind and a neighbor answered that. He answered to me like if I said it outloud. That happened a few years after my change but not too many. Since that moment ive been paranoid and thinking like if everyone can hear me. I do think I appeared i the news amd everything. Ive considered my problem about the thougths like a power or ability named subvocalization. I do not know if people can hear my subvocalization.Can someone tell me how to get my old self? Can someone help me with my thoughts and subvocalization problems? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2021, 12:03 PM
SAS Member

Language: Yes
I think a common pattern in some of our anxieties is paranoid that people are persecuting us. Honestly, I don't think your neighbors can read your thoughts but that the insults were a coincidence. In any case, the paranoia of people hating us is real. I believe it is similar to how I spent a good part of 2 decades thinking that people were looking at me funny and thinking I am a disease to them wherever I went. It's all a part of this crippling thing we call anxiety and perceiving that people don't like us.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2021, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Ok thanks. Have this happened to you or anyone?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2021, 11:57 PM
SAS Member

Language: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgamer410 View Post
Ok thanks. Have this happened to you or anyone?
If I understand the question correctly, the sudden personality change did happen to me as follows:

Up until about 7th grade, I was somewhat happy and outgoing. I had all the cliche fond memories and experiences of youth until then.

In the summer of 7th grade, my family moved to a more affluent neighborhood [from a poor neighborhood where a cute face got you mild attention]. The problem was I was okay in my poor neighborhood. Once I moved to the new place in 8th grade to 12 grade, I was a 180 degree outcast. The new world valued interesting campfire speeches and family vacation summaries, whereas my family had mental and physical regurgitations of diseases.

I basically became a non-consequential person overnight in my new surrounding, and developing asocial behaviors was my defense over many years. Once college and adulthood came, I realized my asocial defense mechanisms did cost me because I bottled myself up to even the cutest crushes of my life that tried to talk to me.

I think most of us are here dwelling over mis-opportunity, if I am reading this place correctly. We are trying to salvage what we can if we aren't too damaged beyond repair.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page