Struggling to cope - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired

Struggling to cope

I just had my first therapy session. I finally found a therapist that I like! However, I just feel so depressed. I am getting chemistry help and my teacher knows I have anxiety. I get so scared when I am alone with her that my hands shake and I freeze-up whenever she asks me questions. I really want to trust her but I am too afraid to. I hate that I am not normal. I see everyone else in my class has friends and can talk to other people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 02:29 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by godlover View Post
I just had my first therapy session. I finally found a therapist that I like! However, I just feel so depressed. I am getting chemistry help and my teacher knows I have anxiety. I get so scared when I am alone with her that my hands shake and I freeze-up whenever she asks me questions. I really want to trust her but I am too afraid to. I hate that I am not normal. I see everyone else in my class has friends and can talk to other people.

Hello,

What do you mean by you really want to trust her?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 07:50 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Doubtful
Quote:
Originally Posted by godlover View Post
She knows that you have anxiety and if she understands then, it’s gonna be okay. A lot of people have anxiety and they identify with others in similar situations, please dont beat up yourself cause it’s gonna be alright.
I get like that around almost everyone. I get all shaky and nervous but it’s okay. You should stay away from caffeine and try to get enough sleep okay? Sometimes it’s the nerves in the body that needs relaxation.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 09:06 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Understanding teacher is a good thing, not someone who just push without any care - LEARN MY STUFF!

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page