Stalking - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
Social experimenter

My Mood: Crappy

Stalking

Anybody on here ever been virtually stalked? What about in real life? Do you still panic after 5 years of it? Or do you start to pretend you're a celebrity.

Having SA feels like being a scratched up LP that keeps getting stuck at exactly 10 seconds into Track 02.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Social experimenter

My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance~12 View Post
Just a little sad to panic over it.
?? How do you mean ??

Having SA feels like being a scratched up LP that keeps getting stuck at exactly 10 seconds into Track 02.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 04:13 PM

Language: English (British), German to some extent.
My Mood: Blah
Quote:
Originally Posted by asittingducky View Post
?? How do you mean ??
It is not sad at all, indeed there have been issues with some users on this site getting stalked, in the past. Of course I hope it's not still going on now, and doesn't happen again, but wouldn't be surprised if it did. Thankfully I personally have never been stalked in any form, though.

Đhis girl is a tortoise, wandering in the long grass and streaming rain, between fire and ice in a sense

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 04:48 PM
Merry Effing Christmas

My Mood: Brooding
I've never been stalked. Well, aside from the guy who threatened to kill me and drove around town looking for me for a couple of weeks. Definitely freaked me out and made me a lot more paranoid. But nobody has ever seriously stalked me. Like spent months harassing me and stuff. I think that would really, really suck. I know people who have been stalked.

For forty-seven years I've put up with it now. I must stop Christmas from coming ... but how?
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 05:13 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
only minor things which were all from girl drama. i mostly dismiss it, but that doesn't make it ok. but i understand why they did it/do it.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 12:23 AM
bipolar

Not sure about stalked but I think I was catfished a couple of days ago on Facebook. Someone with a photo of "herself" in a car and a video of their cat. Even a photo of "her" son and his gf. But the language started to slip after a while - so I blocked whatever it was.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 07:43 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Doh
I don't think I have ever been stalked, but I wouldn't be aware of it happening either/has happened.

@harrison There's a good TV show about people who got catfished. That's why I'm super careful adding people, its too easy to impersonate someone else by using their photos. I always get 'women' trying to add me on Instagram too.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 10:20 AM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliber View Post
I don't think I have ever been stalked, but I wouldn't be aware of it happening either/has happened.

@harrison There's a good TV show about people who got catfished. That's why I'm super careful adding people, its too easy to impersonate someone else by using their photos. I always get 'women' trying to add me on Instagram too.
Yeah, I think I used to watch that show for a while - I used to be amazed that people could go so long without actually talking to each other. It was really strange.

I also used to wonder how people I actually know could have a thousand or more "friends" - a lady I know up in Jakarta has something like that. She probably doesn't even know most of them, it's really crazy.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 11:56 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Nothing serious. No. I had kind of a creepy experience with someone from another forum years ago but they seem to have fcked off after I left that forum and I never heard anything else about it.

Best advice I can give is don't give people your real name and address or phone number or social media. It might be really tempting (especially if you're lonely/ desperate). If they don't understand that's a red flag, IMO.

/WYSD
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 12:11 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
I fed a Robin in winter a few times, he started following me, it was a scary time, those dark beady eyes & pointy beak.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 03:03 PM
Irreversibly Invisible

My Mood: Pensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
I fed a Robin in winter a few times, he started following me, it was a scary time, those dark beady eyes & pointy beak.
I have been harassed online. It's not a joke when it happens to you.

It is the light she longs to find,
When she delights in learning more.
Her world is learning; it defines
The destiny she’s reaching for

- Marie Curie
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 03:39 PM
Senior Thread Writer

My Mood: Worried
I dont think i've been stalked. I've online "lurked" other people tho.

post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 04:46 PM
SAS Member

Never had a stalker thankfully. There was a crazy former neighbor who drove by the house after we moved, taking pictures of our new home. But nothing came of it. As far as virtual stalking, have just experienced some bitter harassers that followed me trying to get a response, it didn't escalate into threats or legit stalking to where I was in fear. I think I'm too boring and passive to get someone that crazy on my bad side.

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 04:49 PM
Russian Modster

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestar View Post
Yes x1000

♡ ❤ :: Yesterday's a closing door//You don't live there anymore//Say goodbye to where you've been//And tell your heart to beat again ::♡ ❤

Попроси у облаков
Подарить нам белых снов
Ночь плывет и мы за ней
В мир таинственных огней
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 06:10 PM
your dads girlfriend

My Mood: Sad
I was stalked by my moms ex husband. He would circle around the block of the house he was court ordered to leave that we lived in, once he came to the house and started recording me so I ran down the street to use a neighbors phone to call the police, he was gone by the time they showed up. Then I moved in with my grandpa and he showed up at his house and told him a bunch of lies about me. I called the police again. Nothing happened. He stalked me on social media, everywhere that I even had to change my accounts privacy settings and change my names on some places. He even brought up things I had written on social media in court, he knew things about my spouse, and I caught him on my Instagram story view when it was public at one point. Before my mom divorced him I was so scared everyone online was him and I would ask people to send pictures of themselves with their or my name on their hand. It’s not funny to me for those who joke in the comments, I guess it’s seen as funny if it hasn’t affected you much. But I always feel like I’m being watched. I always feel like my profile will be hacked or that there’s cameras in the vents. It’s scary.
They separated in 2013, divorced in 2014.

always
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 08:19 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Ice Dude55 View Post
I dont think i've been stalked. I've online "lurked" other people tho.
This (IMO) generally doesn't count as stalking in a really bad way unless it's part of a pattern of behavior that includes deliberately intimidating behavior that the person has asked not to have happen. IOW, if a person has been flirtatious (or whatever) and the person has flat out told them "Stop doing that" and they keep doing it, then yes. Following them around in a way that makes them aware they're being followed tends to be seen as creepy.

I think it's pretty normal to lurk around on profiles of people you're attracted to. People just can't help it. There's a fine line there somewhere.

/WYSD
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 09:35 PM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Only online thankfully.

Well I guess at one point it was someone who lived near me, but I never really felt threatened and didn't really notice until we were no longer living near each other. He kind of stalked me online from afar and would add me on various social stuff and even stuff which I don't think anyone knew about that I used the same name on. One time he wrote I love you on one of my facebook photos and deleted it not long after. We'd never spoken in real life I don't think, even when we worked on a group project once making a game since I only really communicated with the lead programmer and maybe a couple of times with others and otherwise pretty much just talked to the artists. He never really talked much at all, probably less than me, because he had social anxiety disorder as well.

As for the other cases they were all people from this site.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 11:40 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
One time I felt stalked online. There was this one person, something about them just didn't seem 'right'. I tried to get away but they found my google profile and added me there etc. After that I just removed all my videos from youtube. I felt like I had to go to a completely different location and start all over. To be fair, I'm a messed up individual too.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 03:17 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by firestar View Post
Yeah I know, it can happen to anyone but in general women have it worse in that area I believe, my intention was not really making fun of victims, but making fun of human behavior in general in a philosophical sense I guess, as you can see I only described stalkers in a literal sense, (small, bird brain etc) I only mentioned victims for displaying random acts of kindness.

The sad truth is stalkers in general are probably victims themselves of some kind of untreated mental illness, neglect or abuse at some point, not that it makes it right but as a species sometimes we have the unenviable task thrust upon us to reap the seeds of malcontent that were sown by others, in the grand scale of things it's swings & roundabouts.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 04:43 AM
SAS Member

I've been stalked, not funny at all.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page