Social Networks Anxiety - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Cool

Social Networks Anxiety

Does anyone have the social networks anxiety?
I have all the different social networks, messengers and e-mail installed on my phone because I want to keep in touch with people I know, but I dread the moment when I switch on the Internet on my phone and see all the messages, notifications and e-mails.
I never feel like responding immediately unless it is urgent because I have other things to do and all of these things just pile up, it makes me terribly anxious and frustrated. I try to clean it up and take a whole day to answer all of the messages and e-mails, but they end up piling up again after some time. It's a vicious circle.
The worst thing of all is that I don't really have any friends, but I have many acquaintances. I keep some people in my contact list because I'm being nice and because we may run into each other when I come to visit my home town, but I don't really feel like sharing my life with them. I want some privacy from these people, but I am scared that they will be mad at me if I delete and block them so that they don't try to add me again. Since my home town is small, they can just ask other people whether they still have me on Facebook and will figure out that I blocked them.
What can I do?
Posted via Mobile Device
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 07:18 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Blah
it's all up to you, if you don't like nor really care for the person you can block,delete them or if you want to be nice make a folder for those people on facebook limiting what the can see/post via setting, is the didn't like you much they would do exactly the same thing because no matter how nice you are, you have to set your own boundaries and stick with it.

http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...inder-1812713/ away to practise talking on the phone or just making a friend up to you
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by natsumeri View Post
it's all up to you, if you don't like nor really care for the person you can block,delete them or if you want to be nice make a folder for those people on facebook limiting what the can see/post via setting, is the didn't like you much they would do exactly the same thing because no matter how nice you are, you have to set your own boundaries and stick with it.
Thanks you're right about boundaries, I should look up how to make this folder.

It's not that I don't like these people, they're ok, it just stresses me that they can see my likes, my comments, my events, because I have a hard time trusting people I guess... and it stresses me to have to chat with them because chatting is not relaxing for someone with SA... at least for me it's not, I have to really focus and think a lot because I believe that I am unlikable and weird when I am relaxed, so chatting is hard.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page