Social evaluation? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Social evaluation?

Hoping to see whether this is something anybody else can relate to!
Like everybody else in the world, some people don't like me, and I have had a few interpersonal conflicts in my life. I know that this is normal... yet thinking about this can make me feel incredibly anxious.

I think that I'm preoccupied with the idea that not everyone I've ever interacted with likes me, because I'm afraid that other people will think that it's abnormal or deem me unworthy because of it. Just hoping to see if this is something anyone else is concerned with? I have a diagnosis of SAD... though I'm unsure whether this fear falls under that banner.

Thank you 🙂
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 06:50 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
It's terribly hard to interact with me, so I don't see any reason why anyone would like me... I'm too boring to be liked...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 07:06 AM
Duke Duck

My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by saccades View Post
Hoping to see whether this is something anybody else can relate to!
Like everybody else in the world, some people don't like me, and I have had a few interpersonal conflicts in my life. I know that this is normal... yet thinking about this can make me feel incredibly anxious.

I think that I'm preoccupied with the idea that not everyone I've ever interacted with likes me, because I'm afraid that other people will think that it's abnormal or deem me unworthy because of it. Just hoping to see if this is something anyone else is concerned with? I have a diagnosis of SAD... though I'm unsure whether this fear falls under that banner.

Thank you 🙂

I don't think other people will dislike you just because they've heard that someone else didn't like you. They might just wonder what the conflict is about. It's common for people to dislike other people, happens all the time. Even the most popular guys at school/work have haters somewhere lol.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 09:18 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
I can relate. I think wanting to be liked by everyone is a fairly common SA trait.

It's ultimately unrealistic, though. Not everyone's going to like you, in the same way as you won't like everyone you meet.

Now I don't care very much. I mean, I don't go out of my way to antagonize people, I'm pleasant to everyone I meet, but if they don't like me, it doesn't bother me.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page