Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Coping With Social Anxiety (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f26/)
-   -   Social evaluation? (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f26/social-evaluation-2224353/)

saccades 06-10-2019 04:56 AM

Social evaluation?

Hoping to see whether this is something anybody else can relate to!
Like everybody else in the world, some people don't like me, and I have had a few interpersonal conflicts in my life. I know that this is normal... yet thinking about this can make me feel incredibly anxious.

I think that I'm preoccupied with the idea that not everyone I've ever interacted with likes me, because I'm afraid that other people will think that it's abnormal or deem me unworthy because of it. Just hoping to see if this is something anyone else is concerned with? I have a diagnosis of SAD... though I'm unsure whether this fear falls under that banner.

Thank you 🙂

ShotInTheDark 06-12-2019 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's terribly hard to interact with me, so I don't see any reason why anyone would like me... I'm too boring to be liked...

DukeDuck 06-14-2019 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saccades (Post 1093738503)
Hoping to see whether this is something anybody else can relate to!
Like everybody else in the world, some people don't like me, and I have had a few interpersonal conflicts in my life. I know that this is normal... yet thinking about this can make me feel incredibly anxious.

I think that I'm preoccupied with the idea that not everyone I've ever interacted with likes me, because I'm afraid that other people will think that it's abnormal or deem me unworthy because of it. Just hoping to see if this is something anyone else is concerned with? I have a diagnosis of SAD... though I'm unsure whether this fear falls under that banner.

Thank you 🙂

I don't think other people will dislike you just because they've heard that someone else didn't like you. They might just wonder what the conflict is about. It's common for people to dislike other people, happens all the time. Even the most popular guys at school/work have haters somewhere lol.

jtd1974 06-14-2019 10:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I can relate. I think wanting to be liked by everyone is a fairly common SA trait.

It's ultimately unrealistic, though. Not everyone's going to like you, in the same way as you won't like everyone you meet.

Now I don't care very much. I mean, I don't go out of my way to antagonize people, I'm pleasant to everyone I meet, but if they don't like me, it doesn't bother me.