Social Anxiety Is Almost Gone After Two Months Please Read It - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 02:54 AM
SAS Member

This is great! Hope more people read through it.

All these flavours and you choose to be salty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 05:44 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cheerful
So, we build up assumptions about things based on much input (like @Vivi10 mentioned about getting called ugly) and then project them at large. Only, since we're often kids at the time, we don't specify, but simply respond to emotional reactions and reinforce them.

In a situation now, I'll be around people, and my body will be sending me an emotional rush saying 'Dude get out of there now or it's gonna be bad,' and the SA way of life is to tie worst-case scenarios to those emotions and try to resolve them, when we make them up and the emotions are just a sign.

Relaxed awareness seems to be acknowledging these signs, but not taking them as absolute, as though other people were a tiger right behind us. I may not be able to stop the signals, but I can at least think to myself, 'Okay emotions, I can see why I thought that was a big tiger when I was a kid, but I'm not gonna get killed and I need to go to the post-office and have other stuff to do.'
post #23 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
it's happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by givinganonion View Post
So, we build up assumptions about things based on much input (like @Vivi10 mentioned about getting called ugly) and then project them at large. Only, since we're often kids at the time, we don't specify, but simply respond to emotional reactions and reinforce them.

In a situation now, I'll be around people, and my body will be sending me an emotional rush saying 'Dude get out of there now they're gonna hate you and be mean and tear you apart as a person,' and the SA way of life is to respond to that imaginary threat and try to avoid the sense, which is just a sign.

Relaxed awareness seems to be acknowledging these signs, but not taking them as absolute, as though other people were a tiger right behind us.
i really didn't understand what you trying to say.

post #24 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 06:15 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cheerful
Quote:
Originally Posted by aladeen View Post
i really didn't understand what you trying to say.
=/ That happens often. I was trying to put what you said in my own words. What did it look like I was saying? Was there a part in particular that was confusing?
post #25 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
it's happening

Quote:
Relaxed awareness seems to be acknowledging these signs, but not taking them as absolute, as though other people were a tiger right behind us. I may not be able to stop the signals, but I can at least think to myself, 'Okay emotions, I can see why I thought that was a big tiger when I was a kid, but I'm not gonna get killed and I need to go to the post-office and have other stuff to do.'
i didnt really understand what youre trying to say in this part.
post #26 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 02:46 PM
SAS Member

Today i experimented with relaxed awareness and i was amazed at how immediate the effects were. There were very brief moments at work when my social anxiety completely disappeared. The difficulty is that sometimes i forget to relax and fell back into my default state. I feel like if i keep this up consistently i can make some real progress. Its such a simple concept but it makes a huge difference.

My Journey living through social anxiety
https://thejourneyofabrokensoul.wordpress.com/
post #27 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
it's happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi10 View Post
Today i experimented with relaxed awareness and i was amazed at how immediate the effects were. There were very brief moments at work when my social anxiety completely disappeared. The difficulty is that sometimes i forget to relax and fell back into my default state. I feel like if i keep this up consistently i can make some real progress. Its such a simple concept but it makes a huge difference.
it's just you're first day ,just keep practicing the relaxed awarness/ tottal allowance even when your watching tv or just lay in your bed and just allow your brain to make free movements without giving any attention to his thoughts and stay consciously relaxed and dont try to solve the thoughts or reacting panicked to them .after couple weeks you will be in that calmed and relaxed state of mind 24/24 hour a day , for me now i found my self sometimes sitting in public places like park,beach for hours without even realising it. cause the neural pathways of relaxation and calmness gets bigger and bigger in my subconscious mind
post #28 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 03:38 PM
🎭

Quote:
it will definitely help you. there is no doubt about, it but it's gonna take some time.it's journey of patience.
Yes I'm gonna use it too, although the prozac already does it for me, I want to get off of it one day, so thank you, you smart boy you should write a book and become psychologist with me.

"We've Found The Formula" - START USING IT NOW!!! | Dr. Joe Dispenza
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGj4D-ATH8
post #29 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 03:41 PM
🎭

Quote:

In a situation now, I'll be around people, and my body will be sending me an emotional rush saying 'Dude get out of there now or it's gonna be bad,' and the SA way of life is to tie worst-case scenarios to those emotions and try to resolve them, when we make them up and the emotions are just a sign.

Ha, yes I understand it, that's the gist of it!

post #30 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 03:42 PM
🎭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi10 View Post
This technique from @aladeen might cure SA at last! Wow! Impressive!

post #31 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
it's happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingmind View Post
Yes I'm gonna use it too, although the prozac already does it for me, I want to get off of it one day, so thank you, you smart boy you should write a book and become psychologist with me.
very good idea . lol
post #32 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 02:23 AM
SAS Member

Thank you Aladeen for posting this. Did you read a book on this? or you work with a therapist?
post #33 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
it's happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by bintuae View Post
Thank you Aladeen for posting this. Did you read a book on this? or you work with a therapist?
actually i never did therapy, not even once. and i personaly think that therapists wont help with social anxiety causes they didint suffer from it in the past or they doesnt know how doest it feel or what's are the real causes .i just read about how the brain works from others websites and then i developed a huge awarness about the thoughts and feelings of social anxiety and then i Combined every thing i know togher and ir lead me to this technique
post #34 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 04:23 PM
SAS Member

Thank you for the post. I agree with your diagnosis of SA more than your method to beat it which I don't fully understand yet

I believe the reason normal people are able to communicate breathlessly is because it's biologically programmed in us in order to survive. But the key to tapping into that is emotional connection to others. When we are not emotionally connected, we are disconnected from our ancestors history who's proximity to each other growing up made emotional connection a non question. We have lost the cheat code.

If true the key to beating social anxiety lies in our emotions and moving past the fear, judgement and shame of our own emotions. A case can be made anxiety is emotion and embracing the emotion of anxiety could be a pathway to pursue.
post #35 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
it's happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack View Post
Thank you for the post. I agree with your diagnosis of SA more than your method to beat it which I don't fully understand yet

I believe the reason normal people are able to communicate breathlessly is because it's biologically programmed in us in order to survive. But the key to tapping into that is emotional connection to others. When we are not emotionally connected, we are disconnected from our ancestors history who's proximity to each other growing up made emotional connection a non question. We have lost the cheat code.

If true the key to beating social anxiety lies in our emotions and moving past the fear, judgement and shame of our own emotions. A case can be made anxiety is emotion and embracing the emotion of anxiety could be a pathway to pursue.
i totally understand what you said ,that we must be emotionally connected with other people .i'm gonna ask you something and this just an example can you emotionally connect with a lion or shark(just example)? hell no cause you see them as a big threats .so how do you expect people with social anxiety to connect with others emotionally when they see other people as a possible threat the only emotionally connection will be fear.we can be connected emotionally only when the fear of others is gonne
post #36 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 10:36 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
actually i never did therapy, not even once. and i personaly think that therapists wont help with social anxiety causes they didint suffer from it in the past or they doesnt know how doest it feel or what's are the real causes .i just read about how the brain works from others websites and then i developed a huge awarness about the thoughts and feelings of social anxiety and then i Combined every thing i know togher and ir lead me to this technique
That's very creative/intelligent and thank you for sharing with us. i wish the admins would make this thread sticky.

The only love affair I have ever had was with music.
post #37 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 03:50 AM
SAS Member

Read the whole thing, it's called mindfullness man, nothing fancy, you've described your personal experience with it which was very enjoyable and insightfull to read. You often hear people say 'just be mindfull', yeah as if it's something natural like breathing, it is but at the same time it isn't, it takes practice. In eastern spiritual disciplines (buddhism, Zen, Taoism etc..mind you i'm NOT talking about religion here!!) it's called the 'natural state' and many great artist have experienced mindfullness and described it in literature. Not to overcome anxiety per se, but as something that they experience when sitting in a forest or looking out over a lake etc, your mind just quiets down naturally and it's easier to say to your mind 'shut up i'm enjoying myself now', right ?.You could say that mindfullness is the absence of anxiety, that's why 'natural state'.
It's easier to get mindfull when you practice meditation. I used to have severe SA for years, at some point I just stumbled upon these great eastern teachings and started to practice it, after some months people started saying 'wow your so different now', as in you're so sociable and that frown on your face has vanished, just people responding positively to me helped like nothing else.
post #38 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 06:20 AM
SAS Member

I'm kinda lost as to where to start with all of this. Just sitting and going: "Alrighty unnnnnfocus." isn't helping me at all.
post #39 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
it's happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by razz View Post
Read the whole thing, it's called mindfullness man, nothing fancy, you've described your personal experience with it which was very enjoyable and insightfull to read. You often hear people say 'just be mindfull', yeah as if it's something natural like breathing, it is but at the same time it isn't, it takes practice. In eastern spiritual disciplines (buddhism, Zen, Taoism etc..mind you i'm NOT talking about religion here!!) it's called the 'natural state' and many great artist have experienced mindfullness and described it in literature. Not to overcome anxiety per se, but as something that they experience when sitting in a forest or looking out over a lake etc, your mind just quiets down naturally and it's easier to say to your mind 'shut up i'm enjoying myself now', right ?.You could say that mindfullness is the absence of anxiety, that's why 'natural state'.
It's easier to get mindfull when you practice meditation. I used to have severe SA for years, at some point I just stumbled upon these great eastern teachings and started to practice it, after some months people started saying 'wow your so different now', as in you're so sociable and that frown on your face has vanished, just people responding positively to me helped like nothing else.
dude i really dont give a crap about the mindfullness thing cause my social anxiety is gone.
post #40 of 127 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
it's happening

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page