Should I seek a therapist? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Should I seek a therapist?

School is almost over and summer is coming up. I'm looking forward to it, but I've also looked forward to every other summer and I have never been completely satisfied. Only just a little.

This summer needs to be a good summer I can't go on in my life like this. But the real question is, should I seek therapy?

I've never wanted to go that route because I am a really confident person and don't need someone else to try to brainwash my thinking. But I don't know what else to try. Practice makes perfect, I know that. But besides that the only other thing is seeking online help, doing research about it, trying different things after learning more about one subject.

I've tried going on online help forums but nothing really seems to be helping. Is there any other website you know of that is better for seeking help? No offense to this forum or anything it is a great community, but people don't seem to reply that often with informative answer. The responses I tend to get tend to be people who can relate and have the same problem. I mean I guess this is good to know but people just talking about "how they feel the same way" with no solution doesn't really do much.

So what are your thoughts on this? Feel free to respond with anything, all thoughts are welcome.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 02:22 AM
SAS Member

what do you want to improve about yourself? you say youre a really confident person so i presume it isnt anxiety
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 02:30 AM
alien monk

if you're confident enough then do some CBT on your own. if not - do some CBT with a therapist. get a good self help book.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page